Which is better.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Which is better. 2016/02/16 05:04:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
patchesanook
ASUS support is a joke.
im on my last asus board now,going back to evga.
bought a maximus VII but it had a corrupted motherboard driver disk,could not get online.called asus and offered to pay for a new disk,no can do.
had to buy a add in lan card and go to the web site and download all the drivers,a pain in the but.

I normally go to the motherboard support site and download all of the latest drivers and save them on a USB flash drive for initial install. The drivers on the supplied disk are usually so outdated they're not worth installing.

I do this too...I've even gone to a friends house to do it when my PC was dead.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

patchesanook
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3903
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Which is better. 2016/02/16 05:11:54 (permalink)
yea but i live in west virginia and i am 59 years old.
most of my friends can not even spell computer.
i just talked 2 of them into getting computers since nov 2015.

also forgot to ad that there is no store in my town that sells pc parts,we do not even have a walmart.
had to go 20 miles to walmart to buy  a 60 dollar card.
post edited by patchesanook - 2016/02/16 05:15:03

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Which is better. 2016/02/16 05:29:31 (permalink)
patchesanook
yea but i live in west virginia and i am 59 years old.
most of my friends can not even spell computer.
i just talked 2 of them into getting computers since nov 2015.

also forgot to ad that there is no store in my town that sells pc parts,we do not even have a walmart.
had to go 20 miles to walmart to buy  a 60 dollar card.

What do you expect when you live in a cave? LOL

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49170
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Which is better. 2016/02/16 16:30:22 (permalink)
Vlada011
I would suggest you to take a look on GIGABYTE Forum you will be surprised how many people don't get answer on questions at all.
Even now I would not be surprised if their tradition continue... 50-60% questions have 0 replies. 
GIGABYTE is not even shadow of ASUS... I would not be surprised if ASUS sell more motherboards than all companies together, and 50-60% graphic cards, and 70-80% sound cards, and 50% gaming monitors, rest share other companies.

PEOPLE SHOULD STOP TO BUY AND SUPPORT INFERIOR COMPANIES BECAUSE "BETTER" TECHNICAL SUPPORT BECAUSE AT THE END WILL HAPPEN WORSE COMBINATION, THEY WILL STAY AND WITHOUT GOOD TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND WITH INFERIOR PRODUCTS.
AMAZON WILL DEAL WITH ASUS ABOUT EVERYTHING PEOPLE ONLY SHOULD ORDER AND BACK AFTER FEW DAYS IF THEY ARE NOT SATISFIED AND CHANGE BRAND OR MODEL. THEY DON'T NEED EVEN TO CONTACT ASUS IF SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT, NOTHING, FORGET ON REGISTRATION, DEBATE WITH TECHNICAL SUPPORT, ETC... IF THEY ARE SATISFIED THAN IT'S NORMAL TO KEEP, IF SOMETHING NOT WORK, HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, BUG, THEY SHOULD CONTACT AMAZON AND REPLACE OR SEARCH THAN OTHER OPTION. NOTHING WILL GOOD HAPPEN IF PEOPLE CONSTANTLY AVOID SOME BRAND FROM FEAR WHAT IF THEY ARE IN 5% WHO GET FAULT SAMPLES. WHEN NEWEGG NOTICE THAN AMAZON HAVE SEVERAL PERCENT MORE ORDERS THAN THEY WILL DO SAME. 

You're right, but if you need help with your product you should contact them via phone (USA 1-626-854-9338) or submit a ticket through esupport. Forums aren't the best way to get into contact with the company if you need help with your product.

As far as gigabyte not even being a shadow to asus in motherboards... http://www.tweaktown.com/...oard-vendor/index.html
post edited by Sajin - 2016/02/16 17:40:37
Methodical2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 562
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Which is better. 2016/02/16 22:39:43 (permalink)
Vlada011
OK she have newer features, M.2 Turbo is up to 32 transfer.
All ASUS X99 boards have max M.2 transfer and I don't know why ASRock and MSI call that Turbo.
Bluetooth 4.1 over 4.0 will not save anybody and all boards for 30$ become USB 3.1 A+C... Z87, Z97, all boards.
Over SATA Express ports or over PCI-E slot.
I'm not special fan of boards with shield as Maximus Formula, Godlike, Sabertooth...
Only board that I think will be nicer than R5E is Black Edition, but side by side R5E look more serious than Godlike...
That's case with all Maximus Extreme and Rampage Extreme boards compare to competition... Hero and Gene are little lower standard. 
MSI launch two early two Godlike boards and what for Broadwell-EP they think to launch third Godlike version?
They should live Carbon version at least for Broadwell-EP... 
ASUS have far better style with color tones on their boards...
look example Maximus VIII Extreme and Matrix Platinum, they are really beatiful color combination. 
Godlike and Twinfroze are funny compare to Maximus VIII Extreme and Matrix Platinum...

I only could imagine when ASUS transfer same colors on Rampage V Extreme Black Edition...
Only board will look even more powerful because huge socket for Processor and memory slots on both sides.

Do you have this MB?  I wish they had similar color schemes for the X99 boards.  As it stands, there's an overkill of red on those boards.
post edited by Methodical2 - 2016/02/16 22:43:05

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

BlackE
Case:  Caselab Magnum STH10
MB:  Asus X670E Hero
CPU:  Ryzen 9 7950x (EK-Quantum Vector²)
GPU:  Asus 4090 TUF OC (EK-Quantum Vector²)
Memory:  G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 (6000 @64gb)
Storage:  WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Fan Controllers: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT & Octo
PSU:  EVGA 1200 P2
Monitor:  LG 48" UltraGear OLED 4k

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile