EVGA

Water cooling the 970 SSC ACX2.0+ (and FTW+)

Author
Moki82
  • Total Posts : 37
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/06 10:01:00 (permalink)
I know that the EK-block for the 970 ACX 2.0 cards are incompatible with the plus cards. Witch is a major bummer that they don't support the best 970 out there. (still no plans for a block that fits, EK?)

So i have started to think about a universal block, like the EK VGA-supremacy. But that levees the MOSFET and memory without cooling.

So now to my question would the MMCP ("front plate")  together with a backplate (with thermal pads over the MOSFET aria) be sufficient cooling?
Is the universal block compatible with the card when these plates are in place?

And anouther thoutght i have had is moding the ACX 2.0 block so it fits the + cards. Byt the looks of things in this post http://forums.evga.com/FindPost/2298196 You would have to drill in to the acrylic to make room for one capacitor, risky but doable. Or dose the incompatibility go further than that? (holes that are misaligned ETC)

2 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Water cooling the 970 SSC ACX2.0+ (and FTW+) 2015/05/06 10:11:20 (permalink)
    It is probably not compatible with the heat spreader on, but the backplate would be fine.

You can get heat sinks for them and attach them to dissipate heat, then aim a fan at it for air flow.

Ek has stated over and over that there are no plans. You could hit up Nateman_doo, and he may take on the project. He would need a minimum amount of people, and he will also need a pcb for reference, but his blocks are fairly great.
    Moki82
    • Total Posts : 37
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Water cooling the 970 SSC ACX2.0+ (and FTW+) 2015/05/06 10:47:24 (permalink)
    Yeah it is the part what you need to aim fans directly at the card i was hoping to not have to do. Just having the case airflow dissipating the heat.
    If you spend the cash for a custom loop for the silence and the looks the last thing you want to do is add an "ugly loud fan" in the middle of the case.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile