EVGA

Step Up Complaint

Author
Krighton_
  • Total Posts : 69
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2011/01/17 17:42:10 (permalink)
As far as EVGA goes, I've been impressed with their level of customer service quite a bit. Their products as well.

I would like to make it known that this step-process needs to be fine tuned. Otherwise I won't ever participate again. It's that simple.

First and foremost there are over 100 ways to verify online, that I'm an adult. There is no need for a signature. (This isn't really that important) Why can't EVGA make things a little less frustrating in this regard?

Secondly, the email that I received from Quantumm UPS saying that my packing is set to arrive tomorrow is great! I'm not as excited as I would like to be though. Why? Well the address that I have on file with EVGA isn't where they're shipping it. The package will go to my front office, which will be closed by the time I get off of work.  Fantastic! EVGA didn't put my apartment number as part of my address. Awesome...

Most every site allows for a ship to address, I wanted it to my work address. I got the excuse that people were screwing around with the system that is why it can only go to the address that matches my credit card. Ok. Fine. VERY INCONVIENENT BUT OH WELL. At least get my address correct please?

This could have all been solved if they would have just let me come pick the damn thing up like a normal human being...

EVGA - You need drop shipping options
you need online age verification
you need will call/pickup options to save your customers money for shipping 15 minutes away.
you need to make sure the address information we store in your database gets copied in it's entirety to the shipments you send out.

I have to go through this crap again for a second card.. I can't wait.

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz
16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 4102 Bios
2 Nvidia GTX 770s 2way SLI
Windows 8 Pro 64Bit (System Builder Edition)
Razer DeathStalker Elite
Razer Orbweaver
Razer Naga Epic
3 -Asus V247H 24" Monitors
XFX Triple Monitor Stand

NZXT Switch 810 Case

16 Replies Related Threads

Stuey 1122
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 494
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 17:48:04 (permalink)
    I feel your pain man. I love EVGA, but I couldn't even buy direct from them because of needing a different shipping address and the system not accepting the postal code I entered correctly (4 times!). UPS problems are entirely a special experience as well to add that on top. Hopefully your love of the card can make up for it! I know mine sure did!
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 17:50:10 (permalink)
    VoXPCS

As far as EVGA goes, I've been impressed with their level of customer service quite a bit. Their products as well.

I would like to make it known that this step-process needs to be fine tuned. Otherwise I won't ever participate again. It's that simple.

First and foremost there are over 100 ways to verify online, that I'm an adult. There is no need for a signature. (This isn't really that important) Why can't EVGA make things a little less frustrating in this regard?

Secondly, the email that I received from Quantumm UPS saying that my packing is set to arrive tomorrow is great! I'm not as excited as I would like to be though. Why? Well the address that I have on file with EVGA isn't where they're shipping it. The package will go to my front office, which will be closed by the time I get off of work.  Fantastic! EVGA didn't put my apartment number as part of my address. Awesome...

Most every site allows for a ship to address, I wanted it to my work address. I got the excuse that people were screwing around with the system that is why it can only go to the address that matches my credit card. Ok. Fine. VERY INCONVIENENT BUT OH WELL. At least get my address correct please?

This could have all been solved if they would have just let me come pick the damn thing up like a normal human being...

EVGA - You need drop shipping options
    you need online age verification
    you need will call/pickup options to save your customers money for shipping 15 minutes away.
    you need to make sure the address information we store in your database gets copied in it's entirety to the shipments you send out.

I have to go through this crap again for a second card.. I can't wait.

Not really sure where you came up with all your issues....

Boxed mine up, put on the label, sent out by UPS, parts returned to my address. 

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

patchesanook
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3903
    • Ribbons : 9
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 17:51:51 (permalink)
    you can contact ups and have it picked up at there office,i had to do it once

Krighton_
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 18:06:10 (permalink)
    patchesanook

you can contact ups and have it picked up at there office,i had to do it once

That's probably what I'm going to have to do.

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz
    16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz
    Razer DeathStalker Elite
    Razer Orbweaver
    Razer Naga Epic
    XFX Triple Monitor Stand

NZXT Switch 810 Case
    Krighton_
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 18:07:56 (permalink)
    I work 12-15 hour days

I'm not home. I only have one to house my computer.

I will not be at home when the package arrives. I will be home about 1am. I would like to install my new card.

I will not be able to. It will be at UPS, or my office (I hope)

I life isn't simple.

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz
    16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz
    Razer DeathStalker Elite
    Razer Orbweaver
    Razer Naga Epic
    XFX Triple Monitor Stand

NZXT Switch 810 Case
    rybrad
    • Total Posts : 50
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 22:04:12 (permalink)
    I had to have my step-up sent to my office as well which is different from my billing address.  I sent them (stepup@evga.com) an email and they changed the shipping address right away.  I know this doesn't remedy all your complaints but it is an option for the future.  I agree they should have a ship to address to eschew the email though.
    Krighton_
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2011/01/17 22:36:31 (permalink)
    rybrad

I had to have my step-up sent to my office as well which is different from my billing address.  I sent them (stepup@evga.com) an email and they changed the shipping address right away.  I know this doesn't remedy all your complaints but it is an option for the future.  I agree they should have a ship to address to eschew the email though.

This is good news, and aggravating since I called them and was told over the phone that there is no way they would do that.

Intel i7 3960x @ 4Ghz
    16GB Corsair RAM 1600Mhz
    Razer DeathStalker Elite
    Razer Orbweaver
    Razer Naga Epic
    XFX Triple Monitor Stand

NZXT Switch 810 Case
    scwinsett
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re: Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 15:47:48 (permalink)
    The Step Up program seems to be designed like a rebate--they want to be able to advertise it but in practice they dont ant you to actually be able to do it. So many silly little hoops to jump through. I'll be buying from Gigabyte or MSI next time
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 16:14:42 (permalink)
    scwinsett
    The Step Up program seems to be designed like a rebate--they want to be able to advertise it but in practice they dont ant you to actually be able to do it. So many silly little hoops to jump through. I'll be buying from Gigabyte or MSI next time

You revived a 5 year old thread because you have to request a step up?
    trilegdog
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 307
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 18:03:05 (permalink)
    scwinsett

Sorry to hear you view it like that, scwinsett, but it's great to be able to freely express your opinion. I've yet to jump through any hoops. If you decide to leave EVGA, you're always welcome to return.  

https://www.google.com/se...AhWB4iYKHWN4A3QQsAQIGw

Asus Formula VIII, i7-6700k, Tt Riing 360 AIO, 16GB Corsair Dom/Plat 3K,
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti Black step-up, SS 850 Pro 512, 2xWD Blk 2TB, EVGA P2 1000w,
    Dual Boot Win7Pro64 /Win10Pro, Tt Core X-9, SS2693HM 1900x1200, Fuzzy Dice

6181-KR Step-Up began 29 June, queue hit 29 Aug = 62 days
    RMA 980Ti SC+ to EVGA 31 Aug. Recvd by EVGA 10:41 am 2 Sep
    UPS track # issued 8 Sep - delivered 13 Sep 2:54 PM EST
    HYBRID AIO 400-HY-5188-B1 Ordered 8 July - Recvd 15 July

EVGA 780i, E8400, 8GB OCZ (4x2), XPpro/Vista64
    EVGA 8800 GTS G92 512 SLI (2), OCZ900MXS PS
    EVGA 7950 KO SLI
    lead, follow, or get out of the way

Vegas P11
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 19:02:20 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    scwinsett

Hehe, a 5 year old thread. Regardless my situation is worse than the OP. UPS has left 3 different notices on my door stating that they have returned my package to the sender because my address does not exist. It is a brand new house, but if they found the front door to put the notice on, why can't they deliver my package? I hope I get my 1070 Step Up soon and they can find my house!!!
    jamexr
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 266
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 19:02:31 (permalink)
    Lol, just realized he necro bumped the thread. Well, still leaving it there just in case lol.

Sign up for a MyUPS account ASAP (if you dont have one). There you can (apart from them giving you the option to hold it up at their office, which is free), for a small fee (I used it before on other packages and was around 3 bucks or so depending) they can also deliver it to an alternate address. Evga wont do this for you if its already too late, but you can arrange that with UPS online at the MyUPS site and have it delivered a your job. Be quick though, once is out for delivery on the truck you're screwed.
    post edited by jamexr - 2016/08/25 19:07:01
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31072
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 19:12:29 (permalink)
    jamexr
    Lol, just realized he necro bumped the thread. Well, still leaving it there just in case lol.

Sign up for a MyUPS account ASAP (if you dont have one). There you can (apart from them giving you the option to hold it up at their office, which is free), for a small fee (I used it before on other packages and was around 3 bucks or so depending) they can also deliver it to an alternate address. Evga wont do this for you if its already too late, but you can arrange that with UPS online at the MyUPS site and have it delivered a your job. Be quick though, once is out for delivery on the truck you're screwed.

Not quite that easy

EVGA package can not be redirected - they will not allow redirect of their packages.

My UPS has its limits as the Sender can determine Not to let you request a change in delivery.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31072
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: Step Up Complaint 2016/08/25 19:13:19 (permalink)
    Vegas P11
    Scarlet-Tech
    scwinsett

Hehe, a 5 year old thread. Regardless my situation is worse than the OP. UPS has left 3 different notices on my door stating that they have returned my package to the sender because my address does not exist. It is a brand new house, but if they found the front door to put the notice on, why can't they deliver my package? I hope I get my 1070 Step Up soon and they can find my house!!!

Call your UPS number on the slip they left on your door

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2039
    Re: Step Up Complaint 2016/08/29 15:11:17 (permalink)
    Dear scwinsett,

I am very sorry to hear that you are upset over this optional and unique program.  I am showing that we have tried to make every effort to support you throughout this process with your Step-up and that your new product arrived a few days ago.  I hope that you are enjoying your new product and please do not hesitate to let me know if you should have feedback to offer on your experience?  chrisb@evga.com 

scwinsett

EVGATech_ChrisB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 2039
    Re:Step Up Complaint 2016/08/29 15:12:55 (permalink)
    Hi Cool GTX,

I can confirm that we allow redirects on Step-ups and RMA packages, but not on new orders.

Cool GTX
    jamexr

Not quite that easy

EVGA package can not be redirected - they will not allow redirect of their packages.

My UPS has its limits as the Sender can determine Not to let you request a change in delivery.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile