Helpful ReplyProject CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 16
Author
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/04/28 01:50:10 (permalink)
Is this game still in beta or what? I know I said I was going to buy this like 5 months ago but I forgot about it.

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 113
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/04/28 04:23:29 (permalink)
The game is still in a pre-alpha.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/04/29 04:21:40 (permalink)
Dajjal

The game is still in a pre-alpha.

So can I get special privileges for waiting this long still? Such as more cars and tracks to race on.

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/04/29 04:23:14 (permalink)
Im not sure about the terms that will be applied for the future developments, thats something we are still awaiting the developers to inform us of. Once its known ill be sure to post it here.

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/04/29 04:28:27 (permalink)
Dajjal

Im not sure about the terms that will be applied for the future developments, thats something we are still awaiting the developers to inform us of. Once its known ill be sure to post it here.

Thanks!! I just dont have the money yet to buy it or any game at the moment. Also I typically dont by games that are still in beta because of course bugs and glitches which drive me crazy lol. But ya this by far by watching game play videos is the best racing game I have ever seen for the PC. I just wish they can put Forza Motorsports on PC too since I love realistic track racing games.

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/04/29 04:40:38 (permalink)
Well if you dont like bugs and glitches i would wait until its in a beta phase or the release date :p

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/05/03 07:34:56 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

So after the turbulence created by the big news of last weeks there's usually a calm, at least this is what you would expect... but i must say the fun never ends with Project CARS, so lets dig into the new stuff!

As you read last week, Mercedes is now officially licensed and to celebrate the developers released the first export (read as early WIP) of the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3.

As you might notice, for a early export it looks already really good, sadly theres no cockpit images as its still lacking a lot of detail but that will come out eventually.

Besides the new vehicle theres also some pretty hot stuff, so hot we only heard about it today, Oculus Rift Dev Kit has just arrived at the Studios and the PC Render Coder is already fiddling with it, expect exciting news SMSoon!

The community has also been attacking strongly the API and have been developing some pretty amazing apps for everyone to use, you can find some videos through [URL="www.youtube.com"]Youtube[/URL] and there's already an Android version available for the public to test @ Google Play Store

To finish this up here's another amazing video by Jonz showcasing one of the biggest multiplayer events in Project CARS:

http://vimeo.com/65005909
http://youtu.be/-drjf517tY4

Hope you guys have enjoyed the new info, have a great weekend!

Dirtylarry86
  • Total Posts : 57
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/05/09 20:48:07 (permalink)
They don't offer any beta's anymore to download, I just have to wait till it's released now.

OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit ||CPU: AMD athlon II X4 645 OC 3.33GHZ || MB: MSI 870A-G54 || GPU:EVGA GTX660 SC 2GB || Patriot G2 Series DDR3 2X2GB and Kingston HyperX Blue DDR3 2x4GB=12GB Total || HDD: ATA Hitachi HDS72105 500GB || Case: ANTEC 200 || PSU: Coolmaster eXtreme Power Plus 600W

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/06/09 06:30:30 (permalink)
A new month has begun and with it comes some great news about Project CARS development that i believe you will enjoy.

Two new tracks were announced, Old Northampton (Historic Silverstone ‘75) and Fort Felix (fictitious). The last one looks just fabulous and has been the stage of some amazing screenshot sessions by the community as you can see below.

There have been also a lot of amazing new implementations in terms of physics and car behavior into the game that have changed the feeling and the way the cars respond greatly.

Penalty Systems (Ballast Weight): Is a weight ballast system for performance balancing of cars/players, particularly in MP but also for single player stuff as well, they will allow cars with different performance levels to compete with each other in a much more balanced way.

There will be 2 modes:
Manual - Ballast can be added to balance the performance of cars when setting up an event/championship for single and multiplayer modes by the event creator. Ballast weight can be added up to a maximum defined for each vehicle in 1kg steps.
Automatic - Additional weight will be added to a player’s vehicle, up to a pre-defined maximum, based on previous race results in a series/championship/group of races in either single or multiplayer mode. This weight penalty would not have an effect outside of the specific series where Success Ballast is set to be active.

Air Pressure and Altitude Based Air Temp – Now it’s possible to generate air pressure (pa) and altitude base air temp based on altitude of the track. This will affect your car performance greatly depending on the track height which adds more realism into the game.

Volumetric Throttle System – This is a new feature that calculates torque output using an approximated manifold pressure. Side effects include air restrictor effects, possible better metrics for sound system to use, fun engine response changes with the atmosphere among other things. One of the things it will also do is change the 'neutral' throttle position - where the engine is producing zero net torque - to be much lower in the pedal's travel. You'll have much better precision over the torque and the sensitivity curve will change naturally through the rpm range. A great side effect is that you get much more of a feel for the clutch bite point from standstill. Because you have a certain amount of air going in to the engine at idle and air is directly related to torque, as the clutch starts to bite and rpm drops the air available produces more torque.

Brake Mapping - This controls the level of engine braking and is a fairly abstract value. Think of it like a vacuum line connected to the throttle, so that it opens up more at high rpm to relieve some of the intake manifold vacuum (the major source of engine braking torque). All you really need to know is that 0=lots of engine braking and 10+=very little engine braking.

Restrictor Size - This changes the size of the restrictors/throttle bodies on the engine to control the amount of power produced. This will ultimately move out of the setup screen and become part of the event setup, only adjustable by the event administrator. For now it needs to be somewhere everyone can work with for testing. As a result it's possible to create a 600hp Asano X4, for example. Honor system will be required for multiplayer with these cars. Do play around with this on the cars that have it enabled. A particularly cool one is the Caper stock car which has a minimum restrictor size similar to what was used at restrictor plate tracks in 1990. You'll notice that not only does the power level reduce from 650 to 400hp, but it also moves down to a much lower rpm simulating the choking effect of the smaller air aperture. Cool stuff.

So as you can see, all these features will work together, gone is the time of the large 'deadzone' when you start to press the pedal; the engine starts producing positive torque very quickly now and you will have a much larger range for modulation.
Snappier throttle response at low rpm.  A car's peak power may vary a bit from track to track. This is because we now use ambient air pressure as part of the engine torque calculations, so things like elevation and weather will have an impact on engine performance.

A improved tire model was also included, it’s a non-race able version currently, that allows us to see how flat spotting will work in the future and so far the results have been great !

Amongst these changes there have been some new info about Project CARS moving to Steam in the near future allowing everyone to access all the great features that Steam allows:

For those unaware, here are some of the benefits of the Steamworks platform:
    Authentication
    Friends system
    Invitation system
    Achievements
    Matchmaking
    Ranking system
    Leaderboards
    Ghost storage for all players
    VOIP
    DLC packages
    Community portal
    Digital delivery and automatic updates

These are just some of the great features and benefits but there will be more.

That's all for now, here's some images and videos for you to check out, also be sure to join us at our Steam Group for the latest news and info about pCARS.

http://youtu.be/FP_lXMsjbvg
post edited by Dajjal - 2013/06/09 06:52:49

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2779
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/06/09 10:32:09 (permalink)
I'm excited about the move to Steam.  As always, I read your update and have to jump back into pCars for a bit!

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/06/09 10:33:35 (permalink)
Im glad it has that effect on you :p

Be sure to try out the Ford Capri, it just sounds sexy as hell now man.

MaelstromOC
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2496
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/06/09 11:00:23 (permalink)
I really wish I'd have bought into this back when I first heard about it. I was really disappointed a few months ago when I finally went to dive in only to find they weren't offering the packages anymore >.<

I'm definitely looking forward to this releasing. It looks like this will be THE racing sim to play in the future.

Corsair 500D RGB SE | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero | AMD 5900X | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid | EVGA 850 GQ

Heatware
Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/07/05 10:32:31 (permalink)
Another month, another update on Project CARS.

Nicolas Hamilton, brother of Lewis Hamilton, visited recently the Slightly Mad Studios and met with the developers, eager to get more hands-on with the Project CARS title and having always wanted to make a video game, Nicolas joined the developers for an informative and entertaining afternoon at their studio near Tower Bridge, London.
During his time with the developers they discussed his time in the Renault Clio UK Cup, his current participation in the European Touring Car Cup, and how his experience on the track translates directly into the game.
Nicolas grew up with his brother Lewis playing on some of the previous highly-acclaimed SMS titles GTR and GTR2 and has been an active member of the WMD community since November last year giving valuable feedback and suggestions since joining (WMD members can check out Nic’s thread right here ).

Project CARS, from today onwards is integrated with Steam for every member of the Project CARS Community.
All the current members can access Project CARS by getting their personal key from their official forum profile and adding it to steam, there’s still a lot of work to do before we can say it has a full integration (ex: with multiplayer features) but we are on the right track and this represents a big step forward in the development.

Along with these great news, the development in terms of sound and visuals has been progressing quite nicely, currently there not much I can show you in this area but in the next update I’ll be sure to post some new images.
Modders now have the ability to make their own driver suits and helmet designs, the community already started making some crazy outfits and helmet designs.

To end this up, here’ s an amazing new trailer by Jonz.
http://vimeo.com/69691304
post edited by Dajjal - 2013/07/05 10:46:34

boredgunner
Over 9000!
  • Total Posts : 19181
  • Ribbons : 79
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/07/05 15:29:05 (permalink)
Good news regarding Steam integration, and nice trailer.  I can't wait for this game, it looks revolutionary.  Will probably be the best racing game of all time.  I'll be wasting a good chunk of my life playing this...

ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3429
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/07/05 15:56:12 (permalink)
Indeed, I can't compare it to IRacing as I have never played it, but they are working hard to support a lot and the sim graphics...physics is really coming along nicely IMO

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
tet5uo
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3538
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/07/05 20:55:55 (permalink)
This can't come out soon enough for me.

I'm keeping my g27 free of dust and oiled up :D
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/07/05 22:30:02 (permalink) ☄ Helpful

@Dajjal,

Very nice thread, and very well done with all the updates, and help. I just wanted to mention that. Thank you.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/07/06 03:17:29 (permalink)
Thank you, XrayMan !
Thanks to EVGA also for making me able to run pCARS at max details with a SLI system of EVGA 570GTX :D

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/05 02:05:24 (permalink)
Been a while since i posted here but it has been a bit dificult to me to be writing new stuff on the different places i usually visit, so from now on i will be posting mainly news about Project CARS at Steam in the Project Cars Community Hub, sorry about it.

Just so you know briefly what happened since my last visit, the developers acquired licence for Team Oreca vehicles, their LMP2 car is the one so far announced but there might be a few more surprises coming along the way. Dubai Autodrome is now licensed as well so expect some improvements in terms of fidelity and maybe even some other parts of their complex!
A new car is also in development, the 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution 2 DTM, currently using a street version as a placeholder in order to test the physics, this car will be a competitor against the already ingame BMW M3 E30 which will allow everyone to revive those famous battles around Nordschleife and in other DTM circuits.

And here's the bombshell (cant live without one), if you live near Berlin or you are thinking of visiting the IFA 2013 (6-11th of September) you will be able to try out Project CARS running on a brand new Panasonic 4K UHD TV from inside a racing car rig ! That's right, sounds insane doesnt it?

You can read about this and much more at the Project CARS Steam Community HUB, thanks!

ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/05 02:56:23 (permalink)
Thanks again Dajjal, I'll be going to Steam then on occasion. I am really interested to hear from those who get to see the game on that 4K

W7 Pro 64, MSI X99A Godlike , I7-6850K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti, G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz 32GB, Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2 and 850 EVO 1TB SATA, WD Velociraptor 1TB, Corsair AX1200W, Acer Predator X34 and Oculus.
Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/05 09:00:03 (permalink)
Been playing quite a bit of pCars lately.  It just gets better and better!  I think I'm going to need two more monitors

Avoiding the mayhem during multiplayer:

post edited by Opolis - 2013/09/05 09:05:35

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/05 09:36:29 (permalink)
Opolis

Been playing quite a bit of pCars lately.  It just gets better and better!  I think I'm going to need two more monitors

Avoiding the mayhem during multiplayer:

Nice ones, what about a Oculus Rift since Project CARS will work with it ? :D

ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/05 19:23:10 (permalink)
Thats what I'm waiting for but I think the 1080P retail is still going to be a while yet.

Brad_Hawthorne
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 23174
  • Ribbons : 39
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/05 21:57:07 (permalink)
Dajjal
And here's the bombshell (cant live without one), if you live near Berlin or you are thinking of visiting the IFA 2013 (6-11th of September) you will be able to try out Project CARS running on a brand new Panasonic 4K UHD TV from inside a racing car rig ! That's right, sounds insane doesnt it?

They should contact me. I could give them a better visuals system than that for less cost for booth promotion. That 4k display looks a little small for the car.

Looking forward to seeing Project Cars on Steam. Is pledging still closed?
post edited by Brad_Hawthorne - 2013/09/05 22:06:13
ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/06 00:03:55 (permalink)
^ My guess is that Panasonic is flipping most if not all the tab.
http://steamcommunity.com...il/1945842019988355955
I'm guessing pledging is over. They have achieved there financial goal. You can't buy in now. I think people that pledged are getting money back based on profit. I haven't seen any more discussions about opening it back up.

Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/06 00:52:13 (permalink)
ILikeBeans

Thats what I'm waiting for but I think the 1080P retail is still going to be a while yet.

I think the Rift guys are aiming for a release in 2014 of the consumer version.

ILikeBeans

^ My guess is that Panasonic is flipping most if not all the tab.
http://steamcommunity.com...il/1945842019988355955
I'm guessing pledging is over. They have achieved there financial goal. You can't buy in now. I think people that pledged are getting money back based on profit. I haven't seen any more discussions about opening it back up.

Exactly, it's a partnership along with Nvidia and Panasonic in order to showcase their beautiful new TV screens.
We expect to reopen the funding, but we are still waiting for an answer about it from the developers.

Opolis
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/06 09:40:31 (permalink)
ILikeBeans
I think people that pledged are getting money back based on profit. I haven't seen any more discussions about opening it back up.

I thought people were getting refunds because of a discrepancy with how the buy-in program was set up.  It's obviously legit but I don't think they remembered to cross all their t's and dot their i's.

ILikeBeans
CLASSIFIED Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/06 12:36:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
Not exactly, you can get a refund if you want. If I'm not mistaken, you always could. I don't think anything changed because of the investigation. They stopped membership sales at the time because of it, but since then they met their financial goals and haven't decided to open it up again, if I'm correct. I remember a discussion awhile back and they were asking if they should reopen membership sales.
post edited by ILikeBeans - 2013/09/06 12:38:48

moose517
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6259
  • Ribbons : 33
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/06 19:41:48 (permalink)
I love the way the game looks but i notice there are still some things not implemented(alpha of course so cant complain) but man does this game make me realize how arcadish all the racing games i play are.  Need to have some time to actually play it and get good.  generally by first lap up i'm not to be seen XD
Dajjal
Superclocked Member
Re:Project CARS - Community Assisted Racing Simulator 2013/09/07 03:31:14 (permalink)
It's like ILikeBeans said basically :)

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 16
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile