EVGA

Problem with upgrading to GT 730 from onboard mobo graphics

Author
drmathprog
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/06/30 04:23:02 (permalink)
I'm trying to upgrade from the onboard intel graphics to the GT 730, 2 GB ram version. The GT 730 card installed correctly, provided VGA graphics that allowed me to download and install the latest 368.39 drivers for my 64 bit Windows 7 system (ASUS P8 Z77-V Pro MB) and successfully rebooted.
Upon reboot, I have no graphics. I get the Windows logo splash screen and then the monitor complains it has no video signal and all is black.
So, the mobo graphics works, the 730 has power, the fan runs, Windows splashes, and then nothing.
Any advice on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies Related Threads

Zuhl3156
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 13061
    • Ribbons : 34
    Re: Problem with upgrading to GT 730 from onboard mobo graphics 2016/06/30 06:21:21 (permalink)
    Have you changed the setting in your BIOS to disable onboard graphics and set the Primary Graphics adapter to PCI or PCI-E or PEG? Different manufacturers use different terms. Make sure your motherboard has the latest BIOS installed although I see no reason for any compatibility problems using a Z77 chipset. Sometimes there are issues and sometimes there isn't as far as comaptibilty with newer video boards.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Problem with upgrading to GT 730 from onboard mobo graphics 2016/07/02 13:04:27 (permalink)
    Can you Boot into safe mode ?

As I understand your OP; it worked until you installed new drivers ?

In safe mode you can change or remove drivers.

Re-download your drivers    

http://www.evga.com/support/download/showdlinfo.aspx?id=10586&type=N&acctype=Driver&accversion=368.39&part_number=GeForce%20700%20Series%20Family

us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/368.39/368.39-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

What is the part number and brand of GPU you installed ?

Which output are you using ?

What monitor are you using ?

Have you tried a different cable from GPU to monitor ?

Does the cable fit snugly on both ends, are the ground/ retainer screws attached ?

Go OFF line for security; close ALL background software even security software, then install the drivers.

Choose custom install, only select PhysX and video drive !

DO NOT install GeForce Experience, 3D or sound - you can install them later if you really need them

As previously mentioned check your BIOS settings.

You should check that your MB, BIOS is up to date (read the mfgs note on any newer version of your BIOS) if the above does not resolve the issue.

Good luck, let the form know how you make out.

Good read - release notes
    http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/368.39/368.39-win10-win8-win7-desktop-release-notes.pdf

post edited by Cool GTX - 2016/07/04 14:50:36

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Tech_RayH
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 834
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Problem with upgrading to GT 730 from onboard mobo graphics 2016/07/02 13:33:46 (permalink)
    When you installed the GT 730 did you plug the monitor cable into the 730 or did you leave it attached to the motherboard?

...an untrammeled flow of words in an open forum.
    - Adlai E. Stevenson

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31005
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Problem with upgrading to GT 730 from onboard mobo graphics 2016/07/04 14:52:58 (permalink)
    EVGATech_RayH
    When you installed the GT 730 did you plug the monitor cable into the 730 or did you leave it attached to the motherboard?

Good back to basics type question.  As we never know the experience level of new members.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile