EVGA

Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI!

Author
BDSMCohonez
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/07/06 18:14:05 (permalink)
Hi i have a problem and i think it has to be with my video card or power supply, when i turn on my PC sometimes it boot up but sometimes it wont so i checked all the fans and notice that the ones from the video card were like trying to start but couldnt and the PC made a beep followed by five beeps more the thing is that when it boot successfully the fans start moving normal.
Right now im writing this from the PC and could have play like ten hours of Witcher but the problem is that i had to try a couple of times to boot up the PC so has anyone here read about a problem like this before?

8 Replies Related Threads

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/06 20:31:58 (permalink)
    This sounds like a motherboard compatibility issue. Make sure your motherboard is running the latest bios.
    kb6183
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 314
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/06 21:11:33 (permalink)
    Motherboard manual tell you what the beep codes mean?

In addition to Sajin's recommendation, intermittent sounds, to me, like something may be loose. If you haven't already, I'd make sure the card is properly seated in the slot and that the power plugs are in tight.

BDSMCohonez
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/07 04:01:50 (permalink)
    We updated the bios but it says version F1 and my friend says it should say F2
    BDSMCohonez
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/07 04:07:19 (permalink)
    My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA C99-G 5P i checked on the site and it said that five beeps means CPU Error but i dont know if i should count the first beep because it beeps and then it takes a little pause and the it beeps five times but im gonna check the manual when i get home

kb6183
    Motherboard manual tell you what the beep codes mean?

In addition to Sajin's recommendation, intermittent sounds, to me, like something may be loose. If you haven't already, I'd make sure the card is properly seated in the slot and that the power plugs are in tight.
    CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1788
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/08 09:33:04 (permalink)
    The first 'beep' should be the post acknowledgement.  The error code should repeat.  Is it constantly giving five after the initial power on?

BTW, the F2c bios is a beta.  May or may not have issues.

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
    BDSMCohonez
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/08 13:57:47 (permalink)
    Well it does the five beeps error like 50% of the time i read on the Gigabyte site the error code for five beeps is CPU error but cant find anything related to the bios codes on the manual is really really annoying im gonna try disconecting the GPU and see if it does the bios code error if not do you guys think maybe my GPU came defective?

CoercionShaman
    The first 'beep' should be the post acknowledgement.  The error code should repeat.  Is it constantly giving five after the initial power on?

BTW, the F2c bios is a beta.  May or may not have issues.
    CoercionShaman
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1788
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/08 15:35:51 (permalink)
    I guess I wasn't clear.  Apologies.  When it does fault out, whatever code it gives should keep repeating until you power it down.  So, either it gives 6 beeps repeatedly or 5 beeps repeatedly after that first one so that you know the actual code.

So it should be Beep... 5 beeps.... 5 beeps...  5 beeps... 5 beeps or Beep... 6 beeps... 6 beeps... 6 beeps.
    post edited by CoercionShaman - 2015/07/08 15:37:54

What use is knowledge if there is no understanding?~Stobaeus
    BDSMCohonez
    Re: Need Help! boot problem with my Geforce GTX 980 TI! 2015/07/08 18:30:26 (permalink)
    CoercionShaman
    I guess I wasn't clear.  Apologies.  When it does fault out, whatever code it gives should keep repeating until you power it down.  So, either it gives 6 beeps repeatedly or 5 beeps repeatedly after that first one so that you know the actual code.

So it should be Beep... 5 beeps.... 5 beeps...  5 beeps... 5 beeps or Beep... 6 beeps... 6 beeps... 6 beeps.

Oh ok well i always turn it off after the five beeps so i don't really know if they keep repeating im gonna let it on next time, when i got home i took the card off and install it again and the problem keeps happening, i read the manual of the card and it says that contacted manufactured support if problems keep happening and i have been like four hours on hold on the chat and i don't want to call because i really don't want to call (if i don't have to) Im starting at this PC gaming stuff and i really like how the games run and the Steam community and all i hope i can resolve this and i can still continue playing without further problems.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile