AnsweredHot!Is EVGA going to close?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10105
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 03:00:29 (permalink)
EVGATech_ChrisB
Hello,

We have seen false internet rumors today regarding our ongoing operations.

EVGA announced back in September of 2022 that it was leaving the GPU market but would continue its other lines of businesses.

EVGA continues to build & sell PSU, as well as its line of Z790 motherboards, capture devices, mice and keyboards.

EVGA continues to support and warranty all of its products to its customers.

Consistent with our prior announcement, EVGA has scaled down some operation and some employees have resigned. EVGA wishes them all the best in their future endeavors.

Postings suggested that Vince “Kingpin” has left EVGA. This is false. Kingpin remains with EVGA.

EVGA’s operations are continuing with no change to our commitment to our customers.

Thank you.

I think a lot of people think the sky is falling with EVGA getting out of the GPU market. This of course has caused some staff to leave since if you want a career that is GPU focused you no longer have a reason to be at EVGA. I am glad to hear Kingpin is still at EVGA since he seems pretty cool from the videos I have seen of him but I wouldn't have been shocked if he decided to leave since a lot of what he does is GPU focused.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Epsolike
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 435
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 06:24:51 (permalink)
Shraf2k
Airwolf24
I was curious what the evga X670/E motherboards gonna look like but it seems like it's not gonna happen since the bios team is moving on 

way back when am5 launched jacob said they wouldnt be releasing a board for this first AMD generation. tbh, they make OC performance based mobos and there isnt a huge market for that from what i see, everyone wants B650's for cheap so they can run their x3d chips on 6000mt ram...  

This is inaccurate, not only Jacob confirmed it last year but i think a forum Tech or Admin did aswell.
https://twitter.com/GeForce_JacobF/status/1583516246938554370
They were absolutely planned, but obviously not coming anymore.

EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D [-25 -25 -25 -20 -25 -25 -25 -25]
GSKILL Royal Elite (Gold) 3600C14 (B-die) [F4-3600C14D-32GTEGA]
EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 06:33:08 (permalink)
Hoggle
EVGATech_ChrisB
Hello,

EVGA announced back in September of 2022 that it was leaving the GPU market but would continue its other lines of businesses.

EVGA continues to build & sell PSU, as well as its line of Z790 motherboards, capture devices, mice and keyboards.

Consistent with our prior announcement, EVGA has scaled down some operation and some employees have resigned. EVGA wishes them all the best in their future endeavors.

Postings suggested that Vince “Kingpin” has left EVGA. This is false. Kingpin remains with EVGA.

EVGA’s operations are continuing with no change to our commitment to our customers.

Thank you.

I think a lot of people think the sky is falling with EVGA getting out of the GPU market. This of course has caused some staff to leave since if you want a career that is GPU focused you no longer have a reason to be at EVGA. I am glad to hear Kingpin is still at EVGA since he seems pretty cool from the videos I have seen of him but I wouldn't have been shocked if he decided to leave since a lot of what he does is GPU focused.

We see the writing on the wall. EVGA online store is OOS, no word about that from EVGA. Kingpin looking for new hardware partnership. Then we have EVGA BIOS engineers looking for new employment. It doesn't make much sense to let your BIOS engineers go, if you plan on staying in motherboard market. 

GamerNexus video (posted on page 1) talks about EVGA is winding things down. It's could take 2-3 years to wind things down enough to close up shop.

NordicJedi
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 12570
  • Ribbons : 77
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 07:07:52 (permalink)
You guys also forget that EVGA sells a lot of power supplies and other products through distributors, which is not something that's as easy to look up as Amazon or Newegg.  While GN is great about a lot of things, speculating that the company is winding down because of the change in warranty on the new power supplies is really more of a guess than anything else.  EVGA also released a PSU just before the XC with a 5 year warranty, so I think it's a bit premature to be writing an obit at this time.

6012mhz on L/N2 
5321mhz on L/N2
5091mhz on air
The Lightsaber
The Emperor Reborn
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 08:38:48 (permalink)
Premature, maybe, but it is inevitable.  We know what the outcome will be.  You have to be in denial if you think there has been no deterioration in product availability, quality, or support.  ChrisB made a statement about the strengths EVGA supposedly still possesses, but it was easy to instantly discount his statement.  If that was their strongest defense, it doesn't inspire any confidence.
I think EVGA is just trying hard not to seem as weak as it is, because it doesn't want to be stuck with inventory and needs the funds short-term to cover its existing obligations.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

namcost
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 11:48:04 (permalink)
EVGA should have hopped over to team BLUE or team RED. AKA Intel or AMD. Its easy to switch brands. This "retooling" excuse is b/s. The pick-a-part machines that place components are programmable. You just program in the new cards and it does the work.

IF Kingpin really is looking to go somewhere, I would love to see him skip out on Nvidia entirely and move to a brand that makes either Intel or AMD graphics cards. Honestly him going with Intel would be great simply to help get Intel more mainstream. But at the same time it would also be awesome to see him end up over at Sapphire with team red.

EVGA will be a dead company in a few years. Its my future prediction. I don't care if PSU's have higher profit margins. $70-100 dollar PSU with high margins? you have to remember the MAJORITY of gamers are not buying high end power supplies that cost $200-300. We are the 1% of computing. The majority of gamers are buying budget oriented products. So how much profit could there be on a 70-100 dollar PSU? Assuming it cost about $30 to make a PSU, that means margins are 40-70 bucks. That isn't huge. Even if you sell thousands, its not a lot. This idea that AIB's don't profit from GPU sales is insane. Hate to burst the bubble. Its as bad as the claim that microcenter doesn't profit from selling gpu's and cpu's.... its pure B/S. End of the day, Nvidia is making money, AIB's make money, and thus they continue to make GPU's. NO BUSINESS would continue to make GPU's if they could not profit from it.... EVGA is the ONLY one to drop out of making GPU's. There is no way other brands simply kept going "for ****s and giggles even though they don't profit." Insane lies people tell themselves. EVGA dropping GPU division is more than "nvidia bad" and "nvidia screwing us over profits wise" and "not telling us about upcoming products until its too late." Because if these were all true, everyone would have dropped Nvidia....

common sense dictates reality. evga has other things going on not spoken about, and the supposed reasons for stopping making gpu's is not the real reason. the company is literally being gutted. on the flip side, there is the whole "china vs taiwan" issue and the fact that EVGA is technically an american business. YES they have a taiwan location but headquarters is in california.... this could be some of the real reason why the company is being gutted. we might see them eventually closing the taiwan office and building an production facility here in the US (or using preexisting US manufacturing plants) and simply skipped out one generation to eventually bring manufacturing back to the US. huge maybe, but makes more sense to me. if china ends up taking taiwan, even if the US trys to fight back, products will be halted to a standstill in terms of shipping and maybe even production. which would harm evga anyway (and other brands with taiwan locations). so who knows. end of the day, evga is being gutted for some reason. and we don't have the actual reason.
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 20:25:17 (permalink)
namcost
... evga has other things going on not spoken about, and the supposed reasons for stopping making gpu's is not the real reason. the company is literally being gutted. on the flip side, there is the whole "china vs taiwan" issue and the fact that EVGA is technically an american business. YES they have a taiwan location but headquarters is in california.... this could be some of the real reason why the company is being gutted. we might see them eventually closing the taiwan office and building an production facility here in the US (or using preexisting US manufacturing plants) and simply skipped out one generation to eventually bring manufacturing back to the US. huge maybe, but makes more sense to me. if china ends up taking taiwan, even if the US trys to fight back, products will be halted to a standstill in terms of shipping and maybe even production. which would harm evga anyway (and other brands with taiwan locations). so who knows. end of the day, evga is being gutted for some reason. and we don't have the actual reason.

Hmmm
Buddy of mine, who is all over the politics of the day, mentioned something quite similar over companies, being advised (threatened) to withdraw from China and set up facilities in US...
Hmmm

post edited by SmookinJoe - 2023/07/08 22:10:01

zerocool101
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 473
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/08 22:04:21 (permalink)
17 years...Damn that was fun tech over the years 

13900KS on Z690 Dark KP
FE 4090
appaa
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/10 00:34:16 (permalink)
I think everyone can be relieved if we release a statement with photos of Kingpin and Taiwan office staff.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/10 21:31:15 (permalink)
I think we can be fairly certain that if Kingpin and Taiwan office staff are still there, they won't be for long.
It seems Kingpin was saying that him and the staff are looking for other work, don't see a future at EVGA, and don't plan to stay long, and EVGA's reply was 'but they are still there now!'.   That's kind of not the point, EVGA.  EVGA's other point was that products are still for sale which aren't for sale and products are still being supported which aren't being supported.

Empty words.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 598
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/12 08:59:14 (permalink)
i mentioned awhile bak on this thread, that Micro Center finally, opened, a store, very close to me... w00t!

if EVGA remains in Biz; i can't wait to go into Micro Center and start shouting, "EVGA all the way!"  

> PSU: Seasonic VERTEX GX-1200
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03 12/3/2021)
> CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
> AIO: EVGA CLC 240mm
> Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
> Physical Memory Model#: F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5S
> Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
> Video Card: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
> Case: Cooler Master HAF X (942)
> DAS: Sabrent DS-SC5B

Cool GTX
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 31005
  • Ribbons : 122
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/12 09:38:42 (permalink)
getalife
It now seems difficult to find new products and there are literally no products available on their website except for remanufactured products or items that are probably lying around in the back of the warehouse.

EVGA is "going with a more traditional model of selling products through our retail partners and distributors now rather than selling directly from our site" (see excerpt quote & link below)

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3609290
(excerpt from a different thread in a different section of the EVGA forums from EVGA Customer Service Manager)

EVGATech_JaesonW

We're going with a more traditional model of selling products through our retail partners and distributors now rather than selling directly from our site, so you'll still be able to find EVGA products at places like Amazon, Newegg, Microcenter, Best Buy, and possibly even your local mom n' pop shop!

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Delirious
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 17474
  • Ribbons : 61
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/12 20:15:18 (permalink)
Kingpin is with EVGA still?  No new gpu and no new motherboards.  Must be one hell of a PSU coming out.

"Be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to anger" 
Affiliate Code XZUMV9TJW5
Associate Code: 7PM43CU71IB2IAP
education may be expensive but wait until you get the bill for ignorance
A wise man once said that we can't make anyone feel or do anything. We can throw things into the wind, but it's up to each person to decide how they want to react, where they want to stand when things fall.
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15887
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/12 20:25:28 (permalink)
Delirious
Kingpin is with EVGA still?  No new gpu and no new motherboards.  Must be one hell of a PSU coming out.

Sadly since Andrew Han kind of is not using Seasonic or Superflower anymore. Going with one of the more janky cheap manufactures I would not touch with a ten foot pole as I had one of their PSU's from EVGA already RIP on me already. Since shipping would be more than I could sell the RMA for it went to the recycling center... Even with Kingpin's name on it I would not touch one of those PSU's. Went back to Corsair and Seasonic at least those I can trust. 

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
getalife
  • Total Posts : 63
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/14 04:58:15 (permalink)
EVGATech_ChrisB
Hello,

Thank you.

Hi Chris thanks for your reply.

Wish the best for EVGA and will see next year when i'm going to lvl up my actual setup.

Best regards

EVGA enthousiast fan

Simply enthousiasmic about computer since 1992
VVhiplash
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 392
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/14 14:01:53 (permalink)
I realize that the official statements from the company are "we're not closing" but I just have such a hard time actually believing that. They don't do any of their accessories anymore (keyboard, mice, soundcard, etc) GPUs are out, Motherboards are out, etc. That leaves PSUs and I'm sorry, but so many of the motherboard, accessory, or psu sales were driven by their flagship GPU sales. Now that those are gone, I honestly doubt that people will be coming to EVGA for a PSU before they try corsair or seasonic first. I just don't get it. I'm not at all convinced that EVGA can survive as just a powersupply company.

Every company in the world is going to say "No we're not closing" right before they wither and die for lack of money, or sales or simple 'will-to-live'. I can't even imagine how the employees who are still there must be feeling. Of course thats what they're going to tell us. 
post edited by VVhiplash - 2023/07/14 14:03:24

ll Steiger-Dynamics Maven ll Intel i7-5930k 4.2Ghz ll ASRock X99 Extreme6/AC ll Liqmax II 240 ll GeiL Super-Luce 32gb 2666mhz ll (x2)EVGA GTX 980 SC ll Samsung XP941 500gb and 850 Pro 1TB ll EVGA PS 1000W Platinum ll
JustinHEMI
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 886
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/14 19:19:10 (permalink)
They're closing. It's only a matter of time.

| Intel i7 12900KS | Asus Z690 ROG Strix | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 |
| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |
Sennheiser HD660s | Asus ROG Strix TKL | Logitech G502 Lightspeed |

Chrome-M-Dragon
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7806
  • Ribbons : 30
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/14 22:47:47 (permalink)
JustinHEMI

This right here. I mean, no disrespect to EVGATech_Chris... But all  signs point otherwise man.

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102333
  • Ribbons : 84
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/15 00:49:43 (permalink)
JustinHEMI

I haven't seen any info to indicate this from EVGA management. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 598
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/15 03:33:57 (permalink)
looking at EVGA Store on Amazon... especially the individual Tabs (Capture Cards, Mice/Keyboards, Motherboards, Cooling and the More drop down Menu), combined with selling from Newegg and all places others sell online, and utilizing the tradition local retail stores still around, then maybe there's hope. 

if phone support and RMA etc is as good or better than in their history -- maybe EVGA is not History.

> PSU: Seasonic VERTEX GX-1200
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03 12/3/2021)
> CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
> AIO: EVGA CLC 240mm
> Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
> Physical Memory Model#: F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5S
> Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
> Video Card: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
> Case: Cooler Master HAF X (942)
> DAS: Sabrent DS-SC5B

SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1345
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/15 08:15:55 (permalink)
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
looking at EVGA Store on Amazon... especially the individual Tabs (Capture Cards, Mice/Keyboards, Motherboards, Cooling and the More drop down Menu), combined with selling from Newegg and all places others sell online, and utilizing the tradition local retail stores still around, then maybe there's hope. 

if phone support and RMA etc is as good or better than in their history -- maybe EVGA is not History.

Enjoy the moment
Our future has always been uncertain
I agree with you Bee_Dee_3_Dee
EVGA is getting it's products into the marketplace...
I had a callback from them just the other day

JustinHEMI
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 886
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/15 21:12:58 (permalink)
rjohnson11
JustinHEMI

I haven't seen any info to indicate this from EVGA management. 

No I agree, they aren't going to say that now. No doubt some of them think this company has a future. I hope they do! I just don't see it.

Time will tell. hope I'm wrong.

post edited by JustinHEMI - 2023/07/15 21:14:04

| Intel i7 12900KS | Asus Z690 ROG Strix | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 |
| 32gb G Skill DDR5 6000C36 | EVGA SuperNova G6 1000 | 1TB Samsung 980/970 M.2s | 
Sennheiser DAC/AMP | Fractal Design Torrent | Arctic Liquid Freezer 420 | Asus PG278QR |
Sennheiser HD660s | Asus ROG Strix TKL | Logitech G502 Lightspeed |

swordfish1030
  • Total Posts : 69
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/16 00:26:06 (permalink)
Chrome-M-Dragon
EVGATech_ChrisB
Hello,

Thank you.

Question then. Why is everything in EVGA store OOS? Is there a supply issue? Or are you closing that down?

I wonder if they will make the new z890 FTW or Dark series mobo's and when can we see the Platinum XC power supplies, I need one ASAP!?

Like so many others, I always turn to EVGA first, it's hard not doing that for the next build. Please, keep EVGA alive and well!
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/16 08:56:43 (permalink)
swordfish1030
I wonder if they will make the new z890 FTW or Dark series mobo's 

No way.  They would have to hire a new team of people.  And why would they invest in new products?  EVGA's owner said that he is leaving the industry and doesn't plan to sell or pass on the company to anyone else.  All they are planning to do is maintain sales and minimal support of existing products until there is nothing left.

Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18926
  • Ribbons : 58
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/16 22:32:09 (permalink)
donta1979
*snip*
Andrew Han basically said he would let the ship sink than let someone control or buy it.
*snip*

I heard this too - because he wanted to spend more time with his family. Fair enough wanting to get away from it and spend time with family, but if this is true (which it seems to be), what a completely selfish dork move destroying an amazing brand with a stellar reputation, and letting go of all the EVGA staff, many of whom had been there for years, and now they're all out of a job because this dork head would rather screw everyone over than sell the business and let someone else take over. The goodwill in the company alone would have been worth a large sum, so this decision wasn't about the money at all, just pure self-centered hattery.

post edited by rjohnson11 - 2023/07/17 00:08:52

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/17 00:08:29 (permalink)
Open opinions are always welcome but swearing/cursing isn't allowed on the EVGA forums. Such posts will be edited or deleted. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Epsolike
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 435
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/18 01:16:57 (permalink)
swordfish1030
Chrome-M-Dragon
EVGATech_ChrisB
Hello,

Thank you.

Question then. Why is everything in EVGA store OOS? Is there a supply issue? Or are you closing that down?

I wonder if they will make the new z890 FTW or Dark series mobo's and when can we see the Platinum XC power supplies, I need one ASAP!?

Like so many others, I always turn to EVGA first, it's hard not doing that for the next build. Please, keep EVGA alive and well!

They won't be making any Z890 boards.
But they had a FTW series PSU line planned (assumingly Platinum as XC was Gold, and XC->FTW is a tier up) to come out months ago, but instead we got XC series with a delay.
If things go as planned, perhaps we can see the FTW series in a couple months or something.

EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
AMD Ryzen 5800X3D [-25 -25 -25 -20 -25 -25 -25 -25]
GSKILL Royal Elite (Gold) 3600C14 (B-die) [F4-3600C14D-32GTEGA]
EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
GTXJackBauer
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10323
  • Ribbons : 48
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/19 22:58:35 (permalink)
ty_ger07
swordfish1030
I wonder if they will make the new z890 FTW or Dark series mobo's 

No way.  They would have to hire a new team of people.  And why would they invest in new products?  EVGA's owner said that he is leaving the industry and doesn't plan to sell or pass on the company to anyone else.  All they are planning to do is maintain sales and minimal support of existing products until there is nothing left.

Yep. 

Many are either indenial or don't know about his comments of the past.  He doesn't trust anyone to take over his baby he helped create therefore slowly fade it away and finally retire for more family time.

Employees leaving (Jacob) and a emotional goodbye by one of the streamers was a clear sign.

The 'PSUs' popping up or being sold could have been orders made in the past.  It wasn't a 'lets design a PSU now since we aren't going anywhere' while shortening the warranties to 3 years.  It was a order possibly pre covid and the shortages and lockdowns prolonged the order.

I think the current statements from EVGA are stated for obligations till the last few warranties run out.

Use this Associate Code at your checkouts or follow these instructions for Up to 10% OFF on all your EVGA purchases:
LMD3DNZM9LGK8GJ
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/19 23:47:57 (permalink)
For now EVGA operations are ongoing. 

Captain Discombobulate
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Is EVGA going to close? 2023/07/21 20:37:45 (permalink)
rjohnson11
For now EVGA operations are ongoing. 

I guess it surprises me as most of their other items are not really "made" PSU, CLC, Keyboard, Mice, etc. They really don't "make" anything anymore lol. Profit margins have to be pretty poor over GPUs in the long run as they sure sold more GPU's then their other products from the looks of it. I hope Evga stays around but midweek madness seems to be over perm so I have nothing to buy.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile