Holy Crap

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
GunslingerOCS
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3009
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 9
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 04:48:07 (permalink)
Sajin
GunslingerOCS
In for 4, time for OctoSLI

You mean two for Quad SLI? You can't run 4 of them on one motherboard.

You can't, I can, me and my motherboard are special.

ASRock Z690 Aqua OC
4TB Samsung EVO  
32 GB GSkill Royal 7800MHz  

EVGA RTX 3090 KPE
Corsair AX1500i
Heat:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=61643 

Ntrain96
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1013
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 06:06:00 (permalink)
Worthless. Go buy a pair of 780 ti's for the same performance for less than half the price.

How do they get $3k when it actually costs LESS to manufacture a single titan z over a pair of 780ti's or regular titans(or blacks etc)? In fact it costs them less to manufacture one of those than a pair of 770's for that matter. Pathetic and absurd.
post edited by Tweaked - 2014/04/30 11:56:22
Miguell
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1112
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 06:24:44 (permalink)
i have to agree on one thing.

the price is ... well.. is..  i have no words..

lets say we all have to sell our kidneys and pawn our homes to be able to buy one.
in 15 years im connected to the pc world never saw such ridiculous prices.

is this the twisted version of the GTX790?  or they gonna release YET another variant of this chip?

we already have the 780 then the TITAN... then the 780Ti.. then the Titan Black... now the TITAN Z that  doubles the trouble...  

post edited by Miguell - 2014/04/28 06:26:58

Case: Cooler Master Stacker 830
Display: 32" AOC Q3279VWFD8 @2560x1440@75Hz
Cpu: Intel Core i7-8700
Cpu Cooler: Cooler Master - MasterLiquid ML120L - RGB
Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-H Gaming
Vga: Asus Dual RTX 4060 Ti 16GB Advanced Edition
Ram: 32GB DDR4  G.SKILL - RIPJAWS V @3200Mhz
Sound: Hama uRage soundZbar 2.1 Unleashed  - (Optical)
Storage: 500GB SSD M.2 A2000  NVMe  Kingston (OS) + 8TB (4+4) HDD X300 Toshiba (Data)
Psu: SeaSonic M12 700W
RDKing2
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 07:34:51 (permalink)
Ntrain96
Worthless. Go buy a pair of 780 ti's for the same performance for less than half the price.

How do they get $3k when it actually costs LESS to manufacture a single titan z over a pair of 780ti's or regular titans(or blacks etc)? In fact it costs them less to manufacture one of those than a pair of 770's for that matter. Pathetic and absurd.

Part of it is the same reason you can buy tires for a honda civic for $30 a piece and corvette tires are $300.  They will sell thousands of other cards and maybe hundreds of this one.  R&D, prototype, production, testing, etc  is the same or more on this card.  That has to be spread out over the # of units sold.  Most people have no idea what this costs.  The card is also the best of the best in its category at this time.  I could use two of these in my system for quad SLI as I only have two X16 slots.  I wont because it is more than I am willing to spend.
post edited by Tweaked - 2014/04/30 11:57:50
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10257
  • Ribbons : 11
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 08:06:26 (permalink)
Maybe is TITAN Z price close to reasonable. Because for one R9-295X you can buy 3x R9-290X.
In my country is even more expensive 1700e cost ASUS R9-295X.... You have money and for Seasonic 1000 and 3x Hawaii.
Same as TITAN Z 3x TITAN Black for same money. How AMD can say than for NVIDIA 2 for money of three. When they do same.
Both of them ask price of 3 their most powerful graphic card for 2 chips on one PCB.

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3
http://www.evga.com
http://www.intel.com
http://www.nvidia.com
https://watercool.de
http://www.lian-li.com
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHMun5xiRe0

https://xdevs.com/guide/2080ti_kpe/#intro
https://www.evga.com/articles/01386/evga-sr-3-dark/

sangoor
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 08:12:12 (permalink)
I think they will succeed sale this card because theirs shortage in GTX titan black by list price in the market @ amazon.com it's more than 1200 $
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1289
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 08:46:22 (permalink)
Put it this way, Jen-Hsun Huang admitted that when they produced the Titan they didn't know how popular this card would get among the crowd, but "the card was selling like Hot
Cakes" not only among professional who use DP but among gamers and PC enthusiasts.
I know it's only speculation, but as soon Nvidia releases new card and the profit is great, they will have already plans how to add a small performance  to new  the same card to get our attention, and it works every time, look at the pattern for the latest 780, 780Ti and Titan Black, not whole lot improvement, but they got me for 2x TB and I'm actually thinking on getting 3rd 1.
I can almost bet that Titan Z was on their horizon before Titan Black was even produced, and even thou the price is unjustifiable they will sell it and I'm sure it will be the same scenario that we have now with Tb (not enough produced).
Hey, again if they can milk old cow  why not. The reason this card will find buyers between professional and enthusiasts, if you really want the best PC as far as performance and in some cases bragging rights you go for the best, 4-way Sli, but then you need 4 PCI e slots and then you left with non left for anything else e.g. network card, sound card, so 2 of Titan-Z will solve that, even thou they are slightly beefier, they still won't take as much room as 4x Titans.
Bottom line is, people are setting the stage for Nvidias.. and in this case a little overboard sticker price for Titan-Z, but then again there is 26 letters in alphabet and the way Titan name is been used for it's glories crown what's next

post edited by AWK16 - 2014/04/28 08:52:01
IMPORTEKNIKAICR
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 208
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 08:57:39 (permalink)
Miguell
cerwindel
I'll wait for the benchmarks.. Besides I don't think e gaming market is the focus for this card.

Gaming market i present to you.....   

I find this picture humorous. Folks with 1080P are in a dark recess of the planet that will never get to see the sun. Haha.

CPU: Intel i7-5930K | Corsair H115i Platinum | MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 X99 | RAM: 128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N | DISPLAY: 3x LG 4K 32" | CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos C700M | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1600 T2

IMPORTEKNIKAICR
Superclocked Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 09:01:13 (permalink)
AWK16
Put it this way, Jen-Hsun Huang admitted that when they produced the Titan they didn't know how popular this card would get among the crowd, but "the card was selling like HotCakes" not only among professional who use DP but among gamers and PC enthusiasts.I know it's only speculation, but as soon Nvidia releases new card and the profit is great, they will have already plans how to add a small performance  to new  the same card to get our attention, and it works every time, look at the pattern for the latest 780, 780Ti and Titan Black, not whole lot improvement, but they got me for 2x TB and I'm actually thinking on getting 3rd 1.I can almost bet that Titan Z was on their horizon before Titan Black was even produced, and even thou the price is unjustifiable they will sell it and I'm sure it will be the same scenario that we have now with Tb (not enough produced).Hey, again if they can milk old cow  why not. The reason this card will find buyers between professional and enthusiasts, if you really want the best PC as far as performance and in some cases bragging rights you go for the best, 4-way Sli, but then you need 4 PCI e slots and then you left with non left for anything else e.g. network card, sound card, so 2 of Titan-Z will solve that, even thou they are slightly beefier, they still won't take as much room as 4x Titans.Bottom line is, people are setting the stage for Nvidias.. and in this case a little overboard sticker price for Titan-Z, but then again there is 26 letters in alphabet and the way Titan name is been used for it's glories crown what's next 

Titan-Z Black Superclocked Signature.

CPU: Intel i7-5930K | Corsair H115i Platinum | MB: Asus Rampage V Extreme/U3.1 X99 | RAM: 128GB Corsair Dominator Platinum GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 K|NGP|N | DISPLAY: 3x LG 4K 32" | CASE: Coolermaster Cosmos C700M | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 1600 T2

FTW Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 09:03:14 (permalink)
Titan-Z Black Superclocked Signature

I think we should help Nvidia and come up with powerful "sounding" names for Titan, I forgot that not only there is 26 letters in alphabet but also different colors that can be used
Anyways, it is what it is. That's what i sad way back in my privies post, its time to settle, and if i do get the 3rd TB SC I'm not letting it go for very long time, I'm happy now with 2.
But you can't deny it, the temptation is always there will of power, i know i can do it
post edited by AWK16 - 2014/04/28 09:14:38
IMPORTEKNIKAICR
Superclocked Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 09:38:36 (permalink)
AWK16
Titan-Z Black Superclocked Signature

I think we should help Nvidia and come up with powerful "sounding" names for Titan, I forgot that not only there is 26 letters in alphabet but also different colors that can be used
Anyways, it is what it is. That's what i sad way back in my privies post, its time to settle, and if i do get the 3rd TB SC I'm not letting it go for very long time, I'm happy now with 2.
But you can't deny it, the temptation is always there will of power, i know i can do it

Haha.  Temptation.  I know what you mean.  I recently purchased my 3rd TB:SS for TRI-SLI, but realized that it is EXTREME OVERKILL.  Not to say that two TB:SS in SLI is not overkill already.  After further research and careful consideration, I have decided to focus on other aspects of my gaming PC.  Sure, I will lose out on some gains in FPS, but the extra heat production is a sacrifice I am NOT willing to accept.  I am already seeing max settings on a single TB:SS with every game and benchmark I have thrown at this monster thus far, and the second TB:SS will simply guarantee further future-proofing.  I do not plan on water-cooling, as I am not willing to risk the "potential hazards", thus the temps associated with TRI-SLI (prior experience from 8800GTX TRI-SLI) are not at all efficient nor easily controlled.  In fact, two TB:SS in SLI on air cooling alone is a bit of a chore to maintain under 80C during heavy gaming and bench-marking.  With that being said, as hard as it is to say goodbye, TB:SS number three will be heading back to Newegg this week.  

FTW Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 10:46:41 (permalink)

Haha. Temptation. I know what you mean. I recently purchased my 3rd TB:SS for TRI-SLI, but realized that it is EXTREME OVERKILL. Not to say that two TB:SS in SLI is not overkill already. After further research and careful consideration, I have decided to focus on other aspects of my gaming PC. Sure, I will lose out on some gains in FPS, but the extra heat production is a sacrifice I am NOT willing to accept. I am already seeing max settings on a single TB:SS with every game and benchmark I have thrown at this monster thus far, and the second TB:SS will simply guarantee further future-proofing. I do not plan on water-cooling, as I am not willing to risk the "potential hazards", thus the temps associated with TRI-SLI (prior experience from 8800GTX TRI-SLI) are not at all efficient nor easily controlled. In fact, two TB:SS in SLI on air cooling alone is a bit of a chore to maintain under 80C during heavy gaming and bench-marking. With that being said, as hard as it is to say goodbye, TB:SS number three will be heading back to Newegg this week.

OK, this is good time to ask even thou its of the original topic. When you had your 3 TB you had them sandwiched as there is no any other way unless you go water, how where the temps on idle or during normal PC use, do you remember, also if you have or had backplates (?), will the cards fit with them without touching each other to the point of been very tight squeezed?
Right now you have water for your CPU right, H100? and you don't want to go water for your cards, that's understandable, you don't want to risk and damage your nice and expensive cards, but you are already at the risk of getting leaks so..why not get the blocks and get the cards under water as well. See...right now I'm on air  I just got my 4960X and Rog Black back from RMA as prior to that I was using H100i that leaked and sprayed all over my components while I was asleep, and I keep my PC on 24/7 that's why NOW I said heck I will stay on air and never go back to water, BUT again temptation is bad thing and if I decide to go for the 3rd card  I will probably go water and  I must well do the CPU  water again, you do one you must well do the rest on water. I'm still straggling with the decision to pool the trigger on the 3rd card, if I do, and won't go water this time around, then  I probably go water with my new X99 and new high-end chip when their out.

So to conclude my reason for Titan -Z existence and it's feature buyers when its finally out, even thou i think the price is a little outrage, I think that for someone who doesn't want the cards to be ether under water or sandwiched in 3 or 4 way Sli, but wants the extreme power that will be solution because again even thou the T-Z seem beefier 2 of them ( quad) will give you the space between them for extra air breathing and will leave you with extra PCI e to spare, better than 4 TB  Sli sandwiched for sure.
post edited by AWK16 - 2014/04/28 11:19:14
IMPORTEKNIKAICR
Superclocked Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 11:20:53 (permalink)
AWK16

Haha. Temptation. I know what you mean. I recently purchased my 3rd TB:SS for TRI-SLI, but realized that it is EXTREME OVERKILL. Not to say that two TB:SS in SLI is not overkill already. After further research and careful consideration, I have decided to focus on other aspects of my gaming PC. Sure, I will lose out on some gains in FPS, but the extra heat production is a sacrifice I am NOT willing to accept. I am already seeing max settings on a single TB:SS with every game and benchmark I have thrown at this monster thus far, and the second TB:SS will simply guarantee further future-proofing. I do not plan on water-cooling, as I am not willing to risk the "potential hazards", thus the temps associated with TRI-SLI (prior experience from 8800GTX TRI-SLI) are not at all efficient nor easily controlled. In fact, two TB:SS in SLI on air cooling alone is a bit of a chore to maintain under 80C during heavy gaming and bench-marking. With that being said, as hard as it is to say goodbye, TB:SS number three will be heading back to Newegg this week.

OK, this is good time to ask even thou its of topic. When you had your 3 TB you had them sandwiched as there is no other way unless you go water, how where the temps on idle or  normal PC use, do you remember?
Also,  right now you have water for your CPU right H100, and you don't want to go water for your cards, that's understandable, you don't want to risk and damage great and expensive cards, but you are already at the risk of getting leaks so..why not get the blocks and get the cards under water as well. See...right now I'm on air  I just got my 4960X and Rog Black back from RMA as prior to that I was using H100i that leaked and sprayed all over my components while I was asleep, and I keep my PC on 24/7 that's why NOW I said heck I will stay on air and never go back to water, BUT, BUT again temptation is bad thing and if I decide to go water on my 3 Titans I must well do the CPU again, you do one, you must well do the rest on water. I'm still straggling with the decision to pool the trigger on the 3rd card, if I do will go water, if not this time around then with my new X99 and new high-end chip when their out.

So to conclude my reason for Titan -Z to find it's buyers when its finally out, even thou i think the price is a little outrage  I think that for someone who doesn't want the cards to be ether under water or sandwiched in 3 or 4 way Sli, but wants the extreme power that will be solution because again even thou the T-Z seem beefier 2 of them ( quad) will give you the space between them for extra air breathing and will leave you with extra PCI e to spare, better than 4 TB  Sli sandwiched for sure.

You are forgetting one important factor in this equation.  [2] Titan-Z = $6,000 versus [4] Titan Black = $4,000.  This of course also does not take into consideration availability.  I foresee the Titan-Z as being incredibly difficult to secure whereas the Titan Black, though, still challenging, is certainly easier.  I can attest to this as I have had no issues in securing [3] within the last month.  Most importantly, details on the Titan-Z are so limited that any type of speculation will be just that, SPECULATION.  We have no details on clock speeds and/or temperature management on reference air coolers.  Your guess is as good as mine, as to whether or not spacing will have any substantial impact on heat dissipation.  Also, if I read the available details correctly, the Titan-Z's current design will occupy 1.5 PCIe slots, thus, SLI will require the equivalent space of 3 PCIe, which leaves zero room for TRI-SLI capable mobos, like myself, and just a sliver of space in between on QUAD-SLI mobos.

With regard to TRI-SLI, honestly, I did not even attempt to install the 3rd as the temps within my case were already challenging to manage under 80C.  I will however test the performance in a single card configuration against the other two and return the "weakest" of the three.  Also, I would much rather invest on new upgrades including: CPU (Intel 5th generation), MOBO (X99), case (CoolerMaster Cosmos 2 Ultra, Corsair 900D) and PSU (Corsair AX1200i, EVGA SuperNova 1300 G2).

To be honest with you, my H100 has been reliable over the past 3-4 years.  I am not sure if your H100i was an isolated incident, but if I ever experienced a failure which resulted in the damage of my current setup, I would NEVER go back.  I was concerned when I initially installed the H100, but after extensive research on feedback from current users pertaining to safety, reliability and performance, I took the risk.  I was somewhat appeased by the fact that it incorporates a closed-loop system design, but as you can attest, this is not a 100% guarantee.  Though the benefits by way of temperatures and performance are great, the monetary investment in additional components are also substantial.  I only speak for myself, when I say that custom-water cooling is simply a risk I am not willing to take.
post edited by IMPORTEKNIKAICR - 2014/04/28 11:25:37

FTW Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 11:48:39 (permalink)
You are forgetting one important factor in this equation. [2] Titan-Z = $6,000 versus [4] Titan Black = $4,000. This of course also does not take into consideration availability. I foresee the Titan-Z as being incredibly difficult to secure whereas the Titan Black, though, still challenging, is certainly easier. I can attest to this as I have had no issues in securing [3] within the last month. Most importantly, details on the Titan-Z are so limited that any type of speculation will be just that, SPECULATION. We have no details on clock speeds and/or temperature management on reference air coolers. Your guess is as good as mine, as to whether or not spacing will have any substantial impact on heat dissipation. Also, if I read the available details correctly, the Titan-Z's current design will occupy 1.5 PCIe slots, thus, SLI will require the equivalent space of 3 PCIe, which leaves zero room for TRI-SLI capable mobos, like myself, and just a sliver of space in between on QUAD-SLI mobos.

I agree with you.
Thanks
post edited by AWK16 - 2014/04/28 11:54:28
RDKing2
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 11:56:21 (permalink)
Wanted to rephrase my comment.  
Speculating can be fun.  But be honest- If I am even considering spending $4000 on video cards for my computer, I am not thinking to much about cost vs performance or that factor is not high on the priority list.  
post edited by RDKing2 - 2014/04/28 12:39:45
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49180
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 13:26:30 (permalink)
GunslingerOCS
Sajin
GunslingerOCS
In for 4, time for OctoSLI

You mean two for Quad SLI? You can't run 4 of them on one motherboard.

You can't, I can, me and my motherboard are special.

I don't care how special you and your motherboard is, the nvidia drivers won't allow you to SLI them.
post edited by Sajin - 2014/04/28 13:29:57
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15891
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 14:04:54 (permalink)
lehpron
Sajin
There is no point in buying this card, it's over priced and both GPU's will be downclocked. I would rather buy two titan blacks instead.
That logic can apply to any dual-GPU card nVidia has ever made, as they were all overpriced for their performance and cheaper to get a pair of equivalents single-GPU cards.  Yet nVidia managed to sell them and made successors; whoop-dee do.  To be frank, I can't even afford a GTX750 Ti today, but I'm not narcissistic enough to act like everything you and anyone on this forum owns has no point just because I can't get it.  Titan Z was not made for the majority that can't afford it; again, whoop-dee do.  

+1
If you cannot afford it your not the target audience, you guys are going to be crying when intel releases its 15 core 30 thread cpus and they start off at 3k... You can wish as long as you want, complain, but does not mean a thing if the competition is not there.... Only reason I have not gotten a Titan is I do not believing paying 1k for a single gpu but that's just how I feel now. 500-650 that is the most I would be willing to spend gaming  while on a 1080p 1920x1080 27" display. I didn't even get an EVGA card this go around when I got a GTX 780 TI, went with PNY was on sale and I got a lifetime warranty on it.  I could really use the titan for maya but the price nope.... not going to happen have more important things to spend money on and until then will be doing some rendering the slow and painful way.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 14:43:55 (permalink)
lehpron
Sajin
There is no point in buying this card, it's over priced and both GPU's will be downclocked. I would rather buy two titan blacks instead.
That logic can apply to any dual-GPU card nVidia has ever made, as they were all overpriced for their performance and cheaper to get a pair of equivalents single-GPU cards.  Yet nVidia managed to sell them and made successors; whoop-dee do.  To be frank, I can't even afford a GTX750 Ti today, but I'm not narcissistic enough to act like everything you and anyone on this forum owns has no point just because I can't get it.  Titan Z was not made for the majority that can't afford it; again, whoop-dee do.  

Did I say I couldn't afford one? I said the card isn't worth it because it's over priced for what it is.
IMPORTEKNIKAICR
Superclocked Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 15:17:09 (permalink)
I believe the moral of this thread can be surmised with the wise adage,

"Different strokes, for different folks".  

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 15:22:13 (permalink)
IMPORTEKNIKAICR
I believe the moral of this thread can be surmised with the wise adage,

"Different strokes, for different folks".  

Pretty much. 
Wingless Wonder
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 15:25:58 (permalink)
Ntrain96

Except when it comes to double-precision performance, where one plain vanilla GTX TITAN or TITAN BLACK will easily best two 780s in compute performance. That's the only justification I had for purchasing a TITAN BLACK, as double-precision crunching is what my system does 24/7 with only occasional gaming duty.

I wouldn't purchase any TITAN variant solely for gaming purposes, at least not at the video resolution I use.

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K cpu, Noctua NH-D15 air cooler
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3P-BK mobo
32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition
Corsair AX1200i power supply
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD (NVMe) boot drive
WD 2tb Enterprise HDD data drive
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1703
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD battery backup UPS
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 16:30:56 (permalink)
What TITAN Z is delayed???
My good they ask 3000$ before they figure out card is weaker than R9-295X, NVIDIA Famous Politic.
It's most important NVIDIA CEO show us TITAN Z as peace from Roswell Incident, Area 51 and tell proudly 3000$ as 300$.
Lady's and Gentlemen's ....peace from Alien space ship, start price 3000$...
Now they will sell half less cards than they planned and maybe delay completely.
They probably forgot they barely win over R9-295X with GTX780Ti and GTX780 is not only weaker than R9-290X, she is weaker and than R9-290.
And plus people could unlock R9-290 in R9-290X. When empire crush that would in big style. People will turn back only because price and joking with them. 3000$, my god. Two R9-295x, Quad Fire. 

http://www.guru3d.com/new...x_titan_z_delayed.html
post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/04/28 16:39:10

i7-5820K 4.5GHz/RVE10-EK Monoblock/Dominator Platinum 2666/ASUS GTX1080Ti Poseidon/SBZxR /Samsung 970 EVO PLus 1TB/850 EVO 1TB /EVGA 1200P2/Lian Li PC-O11WXC/EK XRES D5 Revo 100 Glass/Coolstream PE360-Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM x3

ichtuderweh
  • Total Posts : 28
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 16:35:40 (permalink)
Vlada011
My good they ask 3000$ before they figure out card is weaker than R9-295X, NVIDIA Famous Politic.
It's most important NVIDIA CEO show us TITAN Z as peace from Roswell Incident, Area 51 and tell proudly 3000$ as 300$.

Except the TitanZ is not competition for the gaming oriented r9-295x. 2x 780ti will wipe the floor with the 295x, nevermind if nvidia creats a dual gpu 780 ti
Wingless Wonder
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 151
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 16:35:52 (permalink)
Vlada011

Sorry to hear how the TITAN Z has disrupted your life. :(

Meanwhile, there is still turmoil in the Ukraine and tornadoes have ripped across the midwest United States leaving a path of death and destruction.

Intel® Core™ i7-4790K cpu, Noctua NH-D15 air cooler
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3P-BK mobo
32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition
Corsair AX1200i power supply
Samsung 950 Pro M.2 SSD (NVMe) boot drive
WD 2tb Enterprise HDD data drive
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced
Windows 10 Pro x64 version 1703
CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD battery backup UPS
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 16:40:25 (permalink)
I think GeForce is gamers section, everything else is how people look on that. 
Who work something serious and earn lot of money, don't even look under GeForce section and drivers.
I'm angry because they lie people. Always I'm angry in such situation, no matter who is that.
Customers expect at least 20% stronger card than R9-295X. But NVIDIA forgot how they win over Hawaii and only thanks to fabric overclocked models we have NVIDIA domination in single card, cooler chip and better overclock. But that doesn't mean they could drop clock for 200MHz from reference Ti.
R9-295X have higher clock than reference R9-290X.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/04/28 16:46:53

ichtuderweh
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 16:44:54 (permalink)
Wingless Wonder
Vlada011

Sorry to hear how the TITAN Z has disrupted your life. :(

Meanwhile, there is still turmoil in the Ukraine and tornadoes have ripped across the midwest United States leaving a path of death and destruction.

Heres something to read mr sensitive, why are you not out helping those people instead of complaining on the web?

I think it's certainly apparent by now that one of the things I enjoy in life is excess... I like things that are excessive. I like excessive behavior, excessive language, excessive violence... it's fun. It's interesting. It's exciting. I like it when nature is excessive. That's why I like natural disasters. All these natural disasters that've been going on, I ****ing love 'em. I can't get enough of them. Ah, when nature's going crazy, throwing things around, scaring people and destroying property, I'm a happy ****ing guy. I'm a happy ****ing guy. I look at it this way... For centuries now, man has done everything he can to destroy, defile, and interfere with nature: clear-cutting forests, strip-mining mountains, poisoning the atmosphere, over-fishing the oceans, polluting the rivers and lakes, destroying wetlands and aquifers... so when nature strikes back, and smacks me in the head and kicks me in the nuts, I enjoy that. I have absolutely no sympathy for human beings whatsoever. None. And no matter what kind of problem humans are facing, whether it's natural or man-made, I always hope it gets worse. Don't you? Don't you? Don't you have a part of you, a part of you that secretly hopes everything gets worse? When you see a big fire on TV... don't you hope it spreads? Don't you hope it gets completely out of control and burns down six counties? You don't root for the firemen do you? I mean I don't want them to get hurt or nothing, but I don't want them to put out my fire. That's my fire - that's nature showing off and having fun. I like fires. You know something else I like? Those spring floods in the Midwest! Aren't they great? Like clockwork, spring floods in the Midwest. Now I'm starting to notice... I'm starting to catch on, that every year... it's the same story. Another flood, in the same place, with the same people, on the same river- SAME ****ING PEOPLE! And these people do not move, they will not ****ing move! They repaint, put down new carpeting and wallpaper and they move right back into the same ****ing house on the flood plain, next to the river, and then they wonder why grandma's floating downstream with the parakeet on her head! Fourth time, again, fourth ****ing time. There's no learning curve with these people. It's very hard to feel sorry for them. Every year - same people, same rowboats! Out there paddling around... rescuing a chicken. What the **** kind of a life is that? "Well our kids love it here...? Oh really, what do they got, gills? And while they're showing all that action on the screen, the announcer's saying to me "It's been raining steadily for three months now, the ground can't any more water... The river is cresting higher than it has it two centuries, the levees have washed away...? And I just hope it keeps raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining and raining, and it rains steadily for five years... and then after that, for ten years it's cloudy. With occasional showers. And the river never returns to its natural banks! It becomes a completely new river, and the borders of three states have to be changed, and all the maps and atlases have to be redrawn and reprinted... and no one's couch ever completely dries out. For years and years, every time they sit down there's always that little "Squish...? "Dan, Linda, come on in you guys, have a seat" - "Squish!" "Squish!" I like that. I'm an interesting guy.  -George Carlin

Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 17:01:50 (permalink)

ichtuderweh
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 18:08:01 (permalink)
Vlada011
I think GeForce is gamers section, everything else is how people look on that. 
Who work something serious and earn lot of money, don't even look under GeForce section and drivers.
I'm angry because they lie people. Always I'm angry in such situation, no matter who is that.
Customers expect at least 20% stronger card than R9-295X. But NVIDIA forgot how they win over Hawaii and only thanks to fabric overclocked models we have NVIDIA domination in single card, cooler chip and better overclock. But that doesn't mean they could drop clock for 200MHz from reference Ti.
R9-295X have higher clock than reference R9-290X.

2x 780 ti is 10% faster than 295x
FTW Member
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 19:32:55 (permalink)
http://wccftech.com/nvidi...ed-date/#ixzz30C7NKt7m

I think, and it's not only from the reading the article, but using commonsense Titan-Z might have some issues if not right from the start then later on, that card will produce so much heat that the only way to keep it down to reasonable temps will be to run it under water.
Titan Black might be the latest trouble free best high end card produce by Nvidia using the latest chip.

post edited by AWK16 - 2014/04/28 19:39:42
Vlada011
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Holy Crap 2014/04/28 23:43:45 (permalink)
Off course 2X 780Ti depend of models are and more than 10% faster than R9-295X...
I hear people say R9-295X faster than GTX780Ti SLI... I ask how is possible 2 Hawaii weaker than 2 full unlocked GK110 to become faster only because they are on same PCB.
R9-295X is not overclocked 50-100MHz.
I could bought 2x GTX780Ti KP Classified for one ASUS R9-295X in Serbia (1700e)
It's obvious what is better option. Than difference is more than 10%. Two unlocked GK110, overclocked on 1200MHz boost.

post edited by Vlada011 - 2014/04/28 23:49:06

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile