EVGA

So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards?

Page: << < ..16171819 > Showing page 17 of 19
Author
thollis89
  • Total Posts : 42
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/22 14:20:03 (permalink)
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
looks like evga got my dead card they sent me today, no new updates :[

This doesn't make any sense. Are you saying they shipped you your bad card back to you?

No, they advanced shipped me a dead ftw card, wouldn't even post bios, I still have my original ftw card, so now I'm waiting for another card again

Call them and tell them what's up.

I have, "all we can do is wait, can't have more than one rma out." Was really hoping to have this six month old issue fixed before windows 10 came out :/

You can try and demand to get compensated...

yeah i got a complimentary advanced rma of a dead card..lol
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 03:11:29 (permalink)
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89

This doesn't make any sense. Are you saying they shipped you your bad card back to you?

No, they advanced shipped me a dead ftw card, wouldn't even post bios, I still have my original ftw card, so now I'm waiting for another card again

I have, "all we can do is wait, can't have more than one rma out." Was really hoping to have this six month old issue fixed before windows 10 came out :/

Amusement aside for just a second...What I would do, if you can remember who you spoke with, fill out a complaint card and send it. And then mention on there that their customer service needs to have better communication with their tech department. This is what happened, right? If so, That's pretty asinine for customer service from EVGA to see that there are 17 pages of material on this thread with nothing but complaints (for the most part) for customer service to be completely oblivious, and then even tell you "you're wrong, the card is fine, It's your PC (blah blah 'go by a Dell(overly exaggerated remark)'....)" Really? Obviously somebody dropped the ball. Or, the person you spoke to was a new guy and was not informed about the FTW, but was rude enough to tell you that you're doing something wrong with your PC. If that was the case, then he should've passed the call onto somebody that knew what was going on. Either way, it would be worth calling them back and giving them your extra "2 cents". Never let a tech or customer service haggle you. If you're not satisfied, ask to talk to somebody else.

If you're still not happy, ask to talk to a manager. But be smart about it.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/23 03:40:41

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
thollis89
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 12:17:36 (permalink)
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89

Amusement aside for just a second...What I would do, if you can remember who you spoke with, fill out a complaint card and send it. And then mention on there that their customer service needs to have better communication with their tech department. This is what happened, right? If so, That's pretty asinine for customer service from EVGA to see that there are 17 pages of material on this thread with nothing but complaints (for the most part) for customer service to be completely oblivious, and then even tell you "you're wrong, the card is fine, It's your PC (blah blah 'go by a Dell(overly exaggerated remark)'....)" Really? Obviously somebody dropped the ball. Or, the person you spoke to was a new guy and was not informed about the FTW, but was rude enough to tell you that you're doing something wrong with your PC. If that was the case, then he should've passed the call onto somebody that knew what was going on. Either way, it would be worth calling them back and giving them your extra "2 cents". Never let a tech or customer service haggle you. If you're not satisfied, ask to talk to somebody else.

i appreciate the advice, my problem is i'm too patient for my own good, so this next gpu is "the last straw" for me. as im sure the first rma they shipped to me being dead was coincidence, i did find it funny the tech still tried trouble shooting it before looking at my support tickets and automatically going for my PSU, even though i stated it wouldnt boot in my girlfriends rig, too. so if this third one is dead as well or the same issue persists, i'll be pursuing further action, as its been going on for almost six months now, and i cant play anything other than heroes or cs, not that thats bad, but i still have a massive list of games since last november that black screen me ><
Stephenk291
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1023
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 12:21:58 (permalink)
depending on how long you've had the card ask for a refund or step-up if you can.  I ended up getting a refund after going thru 4 980 FTW's and even shipping back a monitor (at my expense) to further narrow down the issue. All you can do is approach the situation with decent attitude because tier 1 support rep's can't authorize anything and it just gets bounced up the chain of command. At this point since they've acknowledged the issue with the card they should be more willing to help people rather than troubleshooting 3-4 cards in a row.  After my experience with the 980 FTW I doubt I'll ever buy another FTW subseries of any card.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
thollis89
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 13:28:08 (permalink)
Stephenk291
depending on how long you've had the card ask for a refund or step-up if you can.  I ended up getting a refund after going thru 4 980 FTW's and even shipping back a monitor (at my expense) to further narrow down the issue. All you can do is approach the situation with decent attitude because tier 1 support rep's can't authorize anything and it just gets bounced up the chain of command. At this point since they've acknowledged the issue with the card they should be more willing to help people rather than troubleshooting 3-4 cards in a row.  After my experience with the 980 FTW I doubt I'll ever buy another FTW subseries of any card.

i've had it since the beginning of february, so im way out of my step up period.  i've never had a problem with my 670 ftw, thats still trucking in my girlfriends pc. we will see how the new card goes next week, should be at my door the day windows 10 comes out, so itll be a fresh install of windows no bs driver excuses
talkischeap
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 19:02:43 (permalink)
If you can step up from your 980 FTW to a 980 Ti.  Do not pass go, don't collect $200, don't buy Park Place or Boardwalk.  Go directly to your products page.  Pull out your wallet, suck it up, and step up to a Ti.  You will not regret it.  Besides having not 1 problem with my 980 Ti since installing it.  The performance jump is just amazing.

2 cents from someone who had a 980 FTW and RMA'd then had the same problems.

Mother Board: EVGA Z97 FTW
CPU: i7 4790k 4.8ghz - EVGA CLC 280mm Closed loop
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti Founders Edition Hybrid
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB 2400MHz DDR3
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
SSD: Samsung EVO 500gb X2 / Crucial M4 128gb (OS) / PNY 480gb.  HDD: WD Black 2TB
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250ohm
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400s Tempered Glass
Displays: Acer x34 Predator w/Gsync Dell 27" WQHD 1440p Ultrasharp / Vizio M series 70" 4k TV

talkischeap
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 185
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 19:05:30 (permalink)
thollis89
Stephenk291

i've had it since the beginning of february, so im way out of my step up period.  i've never had a problem with my 670 ftw, thats still trucking in my girlfriends pc. we will see how the new card goes next week, should be at my door the day windows 10 comes out, so itll be a fresh install of windows no bs driver excuses

The 670 FTW cards were some of the best... All 3 of my old cards are still in use.. one in the wifes computer, 1 in my htpc, and one in my brother n laws computer. 

Mother Board: EVGA Z97 FTW
CPU: i7 4790k 4.8ghz - EVGA CLC 280mm Closed loop
GPU: EVGA 1080 Ti Founders Edition Hybrid
RAM: Kingston HyperX Savage 16GB 2400MHz DDR3
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
SSD: Samsung EVO 500gb X2 / Crucial M4 128gb (OS) / PNY 480gb.  HDD: WD Black 2TB
Soundcard: Soundblaster Z / Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250ohm
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400s Tempered Glass
Displays: Acer x34 Predator w/Gsync Dell 27" WQHD 1440p Ultrasharp / Vizio M series 70" 4k TV

thollis89
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 19:13:28 (permalink)
talkischeap
If you can step up from your 980 FTW to a 980 Ti.  Do not pass go, don't collect $200, don't buy Park Place or Boardwalk.  Go directly to your products page.  Pull out your wallet, suck it up, and step up to a Ti.  You will not regret it.  Besides having not 1 problem with my 980 Ti since installing it.  The performance jump is just amazing.

2 cents from someone who had a 980 FTW and RMA'd then had the same problems.

Again I can't, when I bought the card in February the ti wasn't out, so it wasn't even a feasible option, if they give me the option too I would now
Jakyap
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/23 22:25:43 (permalink)
Well I don't qualify somehow for the step up program so looking like I'm stuck with either RMA'ing them 4-5 times on my time/expense. Or I have two very expensive paper weights...(Edited out for language) :( Seriously why hasn't evga come out and responded to this? Absolutely (Edited out for language)
post edited by XrayMan - 2015/07/23 22:31:18
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/24 03:16:14 (permalink)
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89

i appreciate the advice, my problem is i'm too patient for my own good, so this next gpu is "the last straw" for me. as im sure the first rma they shipped to me being dead was coincidence, i did find it funny the tech still tried trouble shooting it before looking at my support tickets and automatically going for my PSU, even though i stated it wouldnt boot in my girlfriends rig, too. so if this third one is dead as well or the same issue persists, i'll be pursuing further action, as its been going on for almost six months now, and i cant play anything other than heroes or cs, not that thats bad, but i still have a massive list of games since last november that black screen me ><

If this 3rd one that gets RMAd to you is dead then you need to take immediate action and get the manager involved, and seriously get compensated.

My suggestion is to PM EVGATech_DaveB directly, and explain your situation. Of course, he will already know your situation, and know what to do, once you tell him you have an FTW. Dave was involved on fixing the FTW and was involved in this thread, so he knows what you're going through. Even explain to him the crappy RMA process you went through when you had to RMA the dead card. Seriously, I'm totally baffled that the customer service was trying to Troubleshoot your PC, and didn't have the slightest clue about the FTW having problems.
1) I know you're having a bad experience with the FTW, but once you finally get a perfect FTW, you're going to be very happy with it.
2) Don't let people that are telling you to get a 980ti discourage you, next year Nvidia is going to have something much, much better anyway.

Please keep us updated.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/24 03:36:51

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
KhanInsanity
  • Total Posts : 12
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/26 18:23:30 (permalink)
I just got my second card and I have a question hopefully one of you guys can help me with. My first replacement card runs at 1075mv per precision, the second card is at 1100mv. Why are they different?? Is this something I should be concerned about?

EVGA X99 FTW (150-HE-E997-KR)
Intel Core i7 5930K
EVGA Supernova 1300G2 PSU
32GB Corsair DDR3 CMK32GX4M4A2666C16
3 X EVGA GTX 980FTW

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/27 04:02:48 (permalink)
KhanInsanity
I just got my second card and I have a question hopefully one of you guys can help me with. My first replacement card runs at 1075mv per precision, the second card is at 1100mv. Why are they different?? Is this something I should be concerned about?

It's probably a question you should ask one of the techs. Just PM one of them this question and see what they say. I would say "no" whether you should be concerned or not, as long as they both work, and you see nothing "happening".

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Stephenk291
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1023
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/27 04:11:38 (permalink)
I would press the idea of either 1) letting you step-up or 2) letting you have the SC version (at a slight loss to yourself, since I doubt they'll refund the difference). After 3-4 RMA's with an issue that's known and one they've acknowledged they need to man up and take care of the issue once and for all. To be honest they need to pull a Warner Bro's and pull the card until they're worked out whatever issues the FTW series has.

EVGA did take care of my issue but that was after I got mgmt involved and kept at it to be provided with a reasonable outcome after spending my own money and losing time with work to get the situation resolved.

|i7 8700k @4.9Ghz| 64GB 3200mhz DDR4 Corsair RGB Pro |Asus Strix Gaming z390 |EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3  | Corsair 500D | H105 Cooler | SuperNova 850G3

Associates Code E96KV2QZWOXVRZM
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/27 04:38:00 (permalink)
Stephenk291
I would press the idea of either 1) letting you step-up or 2) letting you have the SC version (at a slight loss to yourself, since I doubt they'll refund the difference). After 3-4 RMA's with an issue that's known and one they've acknowledged they need to man up and take care of the issue once and for all. To be honest they need to pull a Warner Bro's and pull the card until they're worked out whatever issues the FTW series has.

EVGA did take care of my issue but that was after I got mgmt involved and kept at it to be provided with a reasonable outcome after spending my own money and losing time with work to get the situation resolved.

They have. The issue has been worked. It's just that a few of the "stragglers" (unfortunately) got their way through in the RMA process. This, however, is still kind of asinine in my opinion, and I don't want to make excuses for EVGA. But, they have manned up and are trying to do what they can, which is why they are offering free advanced RMA services. I know for certain that that a lot of them are not able to step-up. So, they're stuck with their FTW. EVGA will not allow them to "down-step" to a different 980 (again, asinine. Why is this not an option...? It's our money we are giving you, EVGA...Use your head.) Believe, I feel everyone's frustration with the policies, and the refunds, RMA's..."pull the trigger already, and shoot the card..."
I think EVGA should also be paying for these people's RMAs, especially those that had to RMA 4-5 times. Do you know how much money that adds up to? It's not cheap. And to hear the fact that a couple people actually were told that it's not their GPU, but their PC, by customer service, "AFTER" the issue was already pointed out by EVGA associates... I am just stunned, and appalled, and that is crap BS.

ok... my rant on behalf of all of you is over. Thanks for listening.

I would like to add to the notion with a rebuttal, regarding people RMA'ing 4-5 times, that EVGA's first thought would be for the people to buy that "warranty" that covers the back-to-back shipping. Why would people need to buy that if the 1st RMA should have fixed their problem to begin with? Why don't they allow a "down-step" option?

I don't want to sound like a troll-face, but wanted to bring up some concerns, especially the option to down-step, if the people are feeling like they're getting screwed, especially if they cannot step-up, it would be a major "+" & benefit for people to have the option to go to a lower tier of the series, not only that, but it would ensure and secure EVGA's reputation, on their warranty services, that it's better to stick with EVGA than to feel screwed and disappointed knowing they are stuck with a card they are not satisfied with. What's that to say for EVGA? Allow people to step-down.

Look at it this way...  If EVGA actually "considers" doing this, is if customers decide to "step-down", you can put in the guidelines that if they choose to step-down, they will not receive the money back from the upper tier to the lower tier. Example : Going from 980 FTW down to a 980 reference will receive the 980 reference as is, and no reimbursement of the price difference.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/27 07:23:14

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Fenr_it
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/27 11:12:30 (permalink)
Finally got my RMA (standard ) approved today

Time to find a way to send the card back that wont make my wallet weep more than it's already doing at the idea
post edited by Fenr_it - 2015/07/27 11:14:48
thollis89
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/27 20:02:45 (permalink)
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89
stalinx20
thollis89

If this 3rd one that gets RMAd to you is dead then you need to take immediate action and get the manager involved, and seriously get compensated.

My suggestion is to PM EVGATech_DaveB directly, and explain your situation. Of course, he will already know your situation, and know what to do, once you tell him you have an FTW. Dave was involved on fixing the FTW and was involved in this thread, so he knows what you're going through. Even explain to him the crappy RMA process you went through when you had to RMA the dead card. Seriously, I'm totally baffled that the customer service was trying to Troubleshoot your PC, and didn't have the slightest clue about the FTW having problems.
1) I know you're having a bad experience with the FTW, but once you finally get a perfect FTW, you're going to be very happy with it.
2) Don't let people that are telling you to get a 980ti discourage you, next year Nvidia is going to have something much, much better anyway.

Please keep us updated.

thanks for the info again, my new card should be here tuesday afternoon, pretty excited to try it out and hoping for the best.
Jshiver90
  • Total Posts : 83
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/27 21:18:51 (permalink)
Finally received my 980ti. I'm very happy to be able to use my PC again; it's been several months since I paid for and received my first FTW, and since then I haven't had a working GPU. The 980ti is really nice, but it cost me an extra $100 through the Step-Up program and another $100+ in shipping/warranties for my FTW/RAM/PSU that EVGA insisted were the issue.

I'm happy that the issue is finally resolved and that after 3 months I can finally use my new PC; however, given the lengthy process, outright refusal from EVGA to offer another solution to my issue, and having to spend several hundreds of dollars that I didn't intend to in order to receive a working product, I won't be purchasing another EVGA product.

The community here has been very helpful in finding and identifying the problem in my PC build being the FTW I purchased from EVGA, and I very much appreciate it.
post edited by Jshiver90 - 2015/07/27 21:21:15
rludwic
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 316
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/28 01:37:25 (permalink)
I must be one of the most blessed people in this FTW fiasco. I purchased two of them about a week apart at the end of last January and the first part of February while I sold off my 780's. I received two winners right from the get go. I cant say I can overclock the heck out of them, 1450 is a comfortable overclock on them but I have never had a black screen or a BSOD from mine. I think my issue in not reaching 1500 is a heat issue from running sli but unfortunately only Alphacool is going to make a not so pretty hybrid type of block for them coming out in the next couple of months. If you go to their sight you will see what I'm talking about.The block covers the LED LOGO only water cools the GPU and cools the other electronics through thermal pads and the chill coming off the block from the GPU area. I guess it's some type of answer. I just decided to build my own custom loop and for now it will be limited to the CPU. But with a 45mm deep by 280 Rad I don't think I'll be seeing my 5960 in the hi 70's and low 80's anymore. I was thinking of selling these off but I think I need to do some research on this Pascal chip as this is the first I've heard of it. Right now I can blow any single 980Ti out of the water on benchmarks and $800 x 2 to better my score is quite a push on my retiree wallet. I just spent close to $700 for an all compression fitted high end part deal to water cool the 5960. Bummer is I originally was going to put the fatty rad in the front of my 750D but it's a smidge to deep and tall so I will need to skinny up rad number two for the front. I was going to go slimmer 360 in the top but area wise I'm going to end up in the same ballpark with this fat 280 in the top and a thinner one in the front. Just Glad you guys got your bugs worked out as like I said, I had not one issue with the two FTW's I received right after Christmas last winter. Knock on wood.

Rig#1
Fractal Define S
5960x @4.4
Custom Water Cooling Loop
Asus Deluxe 2 x99 m/b
32  gigs GSkill 2666
1 EVGA 1080Ti Hydro Copper
1 Intel 750- 400Gig NVMe SSD
1 Samsung 950 Pro (500 gig)
1 Sammy 850-1TB  SSD ( My Files and downloaded (SW library)
1Sammy 850-500Gig (Extra Games)
1 WD Black SATA 3 2 TB backup HDD
EVGA 1050 watt SuperNova G
Acer XB270HU monitor
Firestrike Extreme score 16847
http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6075261
https://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71122

Rig #2
HAF 932
EVGA X58 Classified
980x @4.5 Ghz  
12 gigs Patriot Viper Sector 7's 2
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/28 02:05:40 (permalink)
rludwic
I must be one of the most blessed people in this FTW fiasco. I purchased two of them about a week apart at the end of last January and the first part of February while I sold off my 780's. I received two winners right from the get go. I cant say I can overclock the heck out of them, 1450 is a comfortable overclock on them but I have never had a black screen or a BSOD from mine. I think my issue in not reaching 1500 is a heat issue from running sli but unfortunately only Alphacool is going to make a not so pretty hybrid type of block for them coming out in the next couple of months. If you go to their sight you will see what I'm talking about.The block covers the LED LOGO only water cools the GPU and cools the other electronics through thermal pads and the chill coming off the block from the GPU area. I guess it's some type of answer. I just decided to build my own custom loop and for now it will be limited to the CPU. But with a 45mm deep by 280 Rad I don't think I'll be seeing my 5960 in the hi 70's and low 80's anymore. I was thinking of selling these off but I think I need to do some research on this Pascal chip as this is the first I've heard of it. Right now I can blow any single 980Ti out of the water on benchmarks and $800 x 2 to better my score is quite a push on my retiree wallet. I just spent close to $700 for an all compression fitted high end part deal to water cool the 5960. Bummer is I originally was going to put the fatty rad in the front of my 750D but it's a smidge to deep and tall so I will need to skinny up rad number two for the front. I was going to go slimmer 360 in the top but area wise I'm going to end up in the same ballpark with this fat 280 in the top and a thinner one in the front. Just Glad you guys got your bugs worked out as like I said, I had not one issue with the two FTW's I received right after Christmas last winter. Knock on wood.

Keep them sir. Wait for Pascal. 980ti might feel like a golden grail, but your dream card is the actual 1080ti. THat's where you are going to see true shine, not from a 980ti. and forget about everybody telling you, "that's not until the end of next year." You'll thank us later.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Mo6152
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/28 10:11:35 (permalink)
Fenr_it

Time to find a way to send the card back that wont make my wallet weep more than it's already doing at the idea

What state do you have to ship it back to? I might have to do RMA mine as well.
I want to get an idea of the shipping cost ahead of time.

Is it California? Are there any other centers closer to the east coast?
thollis89
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/28 15:13:54 (permalink)
just installed my second rma card, this one actually booted up past bios, and no crashes or black screens during sky diver graphic test 2, gonna game hardcore later tonight since i have a massive backlog of AAA games like witcher, far cry 4, batman to play.

thollis89
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/30 00:09:50 (permalink)
still running strong on the new card and windows 10 now, but with the windows 10 353.62 drivers, i seem to be getting a flicker of black when playing heroes of the storm, its less than a ms, like a blink of an eye.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/30 03:56:10 (permalink)
Mo6152
Fenr_it

This is probably not going to answer your question, but it might be close of an answer as you're going to get...When I did my step-up, it took about 4 days for them to receive it, and then it took back another 4 days for them to ship the step-up to me. I live in Indiana. So there you go. If you're like in Florida, it might take the same amount of distance. If you're some where in Kansas, could take about 2 days; I'm only guessing here. You might be able to figure the system out yourself if you go onto UPS store and look at their chart on where the packages would be delivered to, and what terminal they get shipped to after that.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Mo6152
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/30 06:46:55 (permalink)
thollis89
still running strong on the new card and windows 10 now, but with the windows 10 353.62 drivers, i seem to be getting a flicker of black when playing heroes of the storm, its less than a ms, like a blink of an eye.

Might be an issue with Windows 10?
I'm holding off on upgrading for a while due to stuff like this

stalinx20
Mo6152
Fenr_it

This is probably not going to answer your question, but it might be close of an answer as you're going to get...When I did my step-up, it took about 4 days for them to receive it, and then it took back another 4 days for them to ship the step-up to me. I live in Indiana. So there you go. If you're like in Florida, it might take the same amount of distance. If you're some where in Kansas, could take about 2 days; I'm only guessing here. You might be able to figure the system out yourself if you go onto UPS store and look at their chart on where the packages would be delivered to, and what terminal they get shipped to after that.

Do you remember the state that you had shipped it to? I wasn't asking for the purpose of knowing the time it took, but to know how much it would cost to ship it there.
stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/07/30 07:27:22 (permalink)
Mo6152
thollis89

Might be an issue with Windows 10?
I'm holding off on upgrading for a while due to stuff like this

stalinx20
Mo6152
Fenr_it

Do you remember the state that you had shipped it to? I wasn't asking for the purpose of knowing the time it took, but to know how much it would cost to ship it there.

California, where EVGA is located.
 I remember when it was like $25 for 4-8 days, but when I went 2 day air, it jumped to like $70 or something.
post edited by stalinx20 - 2015/07/30 07:29:30

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Jakyap
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/08/01 21:22:25 (permalink)
Well just got both my RMA cards. Both crashed after only a few hours. The whole week I was waiting and using my buddies cards, Zero crashes. SIGH. RMA Round 2 incoming.... :(
wonderboyP8NT
  • Total Posts : 49
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/08/01 22:02:31 (permalink)
I have two 980 FTWs in SLI and one "popped" today. As in, loud pop and smoke. Totally bricked. Had it since January. I doubt it was power supply related because my other 980 FTW is just fine, as is everything else in my computer. I am super happy with EVGAs customer service so far. They had an advanced RMA ready with a few emails over a few hours. Cant ask for any better than that. I hope the replacement card works out. It sounds like there are some RMA horror stories floating around.
sahafiec
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/08/01 23:53:49 (permalink)
strange things happen with these cards indeed, pity that EVGA doesn't replace at least the worst ones with 980Ti's.
I was a fan of the card at realease and planing to buy one myself, glad I went with the SC version.
post edited by sahafiec - 2015/08/01 23:56:07

i5 6600k | z170 m8g | bequiet pure rock | gtx1070 FTW | 2x8gb 2666mhz | 250gb m.2 & 2tb | 650W P2 | Enthoo Pro M Acrylic | pb258q

Jakyap
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/08/02 17:08:13 (permalink)
Well got off the phone with evga about my 2 RMA cards I just got also crashing. They wanted to know the specs of my computer and wanted me to again try them out one at a time so im back to this. Even though I tested them in 2 other computers and they still crashed. And when I swapped in 2-980ti's I had ZERO crashes at all after 10+ hours of gaming on them. Getting very annoyed with this whole process. Especially because of the mass response from customers having the exact same issue.
Jshiver90
  • Total Posts : 83
Re: So GTX 980 FTW are very bad cards? 2015/08/02 21:09:01 (permalink)
Jakyap
Well got off the phone with evga about my 2 RMA cards I just got also crashing. They wanted to know the specs of my computer and wanted me to again try them out one at a time so im back to this. Even though I tested them in 2 other computers and they still crashed. And when I swapped in 2-980ti's I had ZERO crashes at all after 10+ hours of gaming on them. Getting very annoyed with this whole process. Especially because of the mass response from customers having the exact same issue.

You got two new FTWs after they announced the "recall" and they're still crashing? What a bummer; I can understand the frustration, though.
Page: << < ..16171819 > Showing page 17 of 19
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile