EVGA

Answeredkboost caused crash

Author
FerrariFD2
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2014/12/07 18:21:07 (permalink)
My GTX 780 keeps failing when I try to run games (after about 15-20 minutes). It started when I turned kboost on using EVGA PrecisionX 16 - my PC instantly crashed and restarted. I couldn't get to the desktop without receiving a BSOD so I had to run safe mode and uninstall Precision. After removing the program I could launch the desktop but everytime I started a game (starcraft 2 in this case) I would receive a BSOD after anywhere from 10-30 minutes of playing. I went into safe mode and uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and then reinstalled them. Now my PC doesn't crash when I play a game but after 10 minutes or so the application stops running (this happened with civilization beyond earth and shadow of mordor). I have to open task manager and manually end the application. The dump file from when I got the BSOD before uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers can be found here: 

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49168
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: kboost caused crash 2014/12/07 18:34:51 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby FerrariFD2 2014/12/07 22:08:57
Have you tried to verify the integrity of your games? If not, try it. Link

It may be all you need to do to correct the application hang.
sarge3d
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: kboost caused crash 2015/04/26 01:17:40 (permalink)
FerrariFD2
My GTX 780 keeps failing when I try to run games (after about 15-20 minutes). It started when I turned kboost on using EVGA PrecisionX 16 - my PC instantly crashed and restarted. I couldn't get to the desktop without receiving a BSOD so I had to run safe mode and uninstall Precision. After removing the program I could launch the desktop but everytime I started a game (starcraft 2 in this case) I would receive a BSOD after anywhere from 10-30 minutes of playing. I went into safe mode and uninstalled my Nvidia drivers and then reinstalled them. Now my PC doesn't crash when I play a game but after 10 minutes or so the application stops running (this happened with civilization beyond earth and shadow of mordor). I have to open task manager and manually end the application. The dump file from when I got the BSOD before uninstalling/reinstalling the video drivers can be found here: 

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

K-Boost needs to be disabled when installing/uninstalling the graphics driver and when enabling SLI.
install EVGA PrecisionX 16 again and turn off Kboost. start pc new.test your pc.
if it is ok uninstall PrecisionX 16. make a new (Advanced) installation from your nvidia drivers.works for me.
post edited by sarge3d - 2015/04/26 01:57:14
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile