EVGA

Helpful ReplyGTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/02 18:09:47 (permalink)
RainStryke
Squall_Rinoa86
RainStryke
Squall_Rinoa86
RainStryke
Squall_Rinoa86
What games were making you Microstutter?? Honestly I haven't had any issues but maybe I can see if I get it..

At the time, it was happening in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. 

....Not surprised at all... It's COD....

x.x

Anything made by EA is just lollipops and gum drops right?

Yeah... the problem isnt that its COD. The problem is the GTX 970's. My R9 290X's don't stutter where the 970's did.

It's been proven how horribly optimized COD is versus say Battlefield 4...

So... Yea... Sure? COD hasn't like.. improved on the game itself mechanical and hardware spec wise sense COD MW.. So to be really honest why would you be surprised your having issues on it. The game uses an insane amount of V-Ram for little to no returns in looks over generations.

You Honestly cannot say that for say the move from BF3 to BF4. There's quite a vast improvement of looks, textures and performance. Even with 180% increased scaling I cant get it to break 3.1V-Ram or come close to it.

Proven upon opinion? Do you have a legitimate source on that claim?

just look at the V-Ram requirements vs say BF4... and it will prove otherwise. 

Easily can tell by how much V-Ram it takes when say BF4 uses 1/2 of that and is more draw on graphics considering nothing in AW is on the level of destructibility versus BF4.

Also going to throw it out there...

COD Ghosts (minimum sense they don't post rqu
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or betterCPU Speed:InfoRAM:6 GBOS:Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-BitVideo Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or betterSound Card:YesFree Disk Space:40 GB

Advanced warfare (did the same below is minimum)
CPU:Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHzCPU Speed:InfoRAM:6 GBOS:Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-BitVideo Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (1 GB) or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB)Sound Card:Yes Free Disk Space:55 GB  

Now taken from that...

and you can even go as far back as Black Ops... system requirements don't really change much if at all. Graphics stayed the same...

It's not an Optimized game. It's a Console port thus the fact that Advanced Warfare uses some insane amount of V-Ram. hence.. a Horrible unoptimized port. Hell HardOCP doesn't even use it in benchmark tests... because literally performance doesn't change and its not demanding.

Also note.. last Call of Duty Hard OCP did a performance test on.. was BO2.

http://www.hardocp.com/ar..._review/7#.VPUdCuEf2z4

Not only that... according to Guru 3D AV uses nearly all the v-ram on every card no matter if its 4GB or 8GB.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,8.html

Soo is it optimized?

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare will NOT make it into our regular benchmark suite for videocards. As stated in the intro, there are many things odd and off. As such we recommend you to look at the performance benchmarks you've just read with a grain of salt as I have been at the verge and threshold of asking myself the question whether or not to post these results. One test run will result on 50 FPS, the second 46 FPS and another 56 FPS. This means that the results shown today are indicative, not a precise measurement. Another problem was that some levels average out at say 40 FPS, yet there are a handful of scenes where the framerate will crumble down to say 25 FPS or where running a luxurious 60 FPS all of the sudden. But hey, 80% of the game plays with excellent framerates, even with a mainstream card. Overall the game feels smooth in game-play, nothing negative to mention there. In fact dare I say this; the gameplay and rendering overall seems to be much smoother opposed to the previous COD Ghosts.
post edited by Squall_Rinoa86 - 2015/03/02 18:37:52

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
jonmexxx
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/02 18:25:20 (permalink)
same problem here :(
RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/03 04:31:12 (permalink)
Squall_Rinoa86
RainStryke
Squall_Rinoa86
RainStryke
Squall_Rinoa86
RainStryke
Squall_Rinoa86
What games were making you Microstutter?? Honestly I haven't had any issues but maybe I can see if I get it..

At the time, it was happening in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. 

....Not surprised at all... It's COD....

x.x

Anything made by EA is just lollipops and gum drops right?

Yeah... the problem isnt that its COD. The problem is the GTX 970's. My R9 290X's don't stutter where the 970's did.

It's been proven how horribly optimized COD is versus say Battlefield 4...

So... Yea... Sure? COD hasn't like.. improved on the game itself mechanical and hardware spec wise sense COD MW.. So to be really honest why would you be surprised your having issues on it. The game uses an insane amount of V-Ram for little to no returns in looks over generations.

You Honestly cannot say that for say the move from BF3 to BF4. There's quite a vast improvement of looks, textures and performance. Even with 180% increased scaling I cant get it to break 3.1V-Ram or come close to it.

Proven upon opinion? Do you have a legitimate source on that claim?

just look at the V-Ram requirements vs say BF4... and it will prove otherwise. 

Easily can tell by how much V-Ram it takes when say BF4 uses 1/2 of that and is more draw on graphics considering nothing in AW is on the level of destructibility versus BF4.

Also going to throw it out there...

COD Ghosts (minimum sense they don't post rqu
CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or betterCPU Speed:InfoRAM:6 GBOS:Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-BitVideo Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 / ATI Radeon HD 5870 or betterSound Card:YesFree Disk Space:40 GB

Advanced warfare (did the same below is minimum)
CPU:Intel Core i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.60 GHzCPU Speed:InfoRAM:6 GBOS:Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-BitVideo Card:NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (1 GB) or AMD Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB)Sound Card:Yes Free Disk Space:55 GB  

Now taken from that...

and you can even go as far back as Black Ops... system requirements don't really change much if at all. Graphics stayed the same...

It's not an Optimized game. It's a Console port thus the fact that Advanced Warfare uses some insane amount of V-Ram. hence.. a Horrible unoptimized port. Hell HardOCP doesn't even use it in benchmark tests... because literally performance doesn't change and its not demanding.

Also note.. last Call of Duty Hard OCP did a performance test on.. was BO2.

http://www.hardocp.com/ar..._review/7#.VPUdCuEf2z4

Not only that... according to Guru 3D AV uses nearly all the v-ram on every card no matter if its 4GB or 8GB.
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/call_of_duty_advanced_warfare_vga_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,8.html

Soo is it optimized?

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare will NOT make it into our regular benchmark suite for videocards. As stated in the intro, there are many things odd and off. As such we recommend you to look at the performance benchmarks you've just read with a grain of salt as I have been at the verge and threshold of asking myself the question whether or not to post these results. One test run will result on 50 FPS, the second 46 FPS and another 56 FPS. This means that the results shown today are indicative, not a precise measurement. Another problem was that some levels average out at say 40 FPS, yet there are a handful of scenes where the framerate will crumble down to say 25 FPS or where running a luxurious 60 FPS all of the sudden. But hey, 80% of the game plays with excellent framerates, even with a mainstream card. Overall the game feels smooth in game-play, nothing negative to mention there. In fact dare I say this; the gameplay and rendering overall seems to be much smoother opposed to the previous COD Ghosts.

So far it is still looking like an opinion on the matter. BF4 was horrible on release when it came out back in October 2013, it took a lot of patching up and user feedback for them to get to where it is now...  The fact that a game uses up all VRAM is an example of optimization... fully utilizing all resources is considered optimization if it helps with performance.

On either game, you can turn down the graphics as low as possible and run older hardware... but really, the GPU requirements on both cards are on the same level and CPU requirements are basically the same... i3 first gen was about the same thing as a E8000 series Core2Duo... The only difference was hyper-threading. Which many don't even see a difference between a i5 and i7 when it comes down to hyper-threading on games. Which is pretty crazy, considering BF4 was out one full year over COD:AW.

That quote from Guru3D never mentioned optimization. It just didn't fall into their benchmark standards. They actually said, "nothing negative to say"... Also hope you are not trying to say that COD:AW is using the same graphics engine as all of the others... Sledgehammer made the latest version, while Treyarch did BO2.

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/03 05:54:01 (permalink)
Also hope you are not trying to say that COD:AW is using the same graphics engine as all of the others... Sledgehammer made the latest version, while Treyarch did BO2.

Ummm...

Well, they do all use the IW game engine. Just because different developers work on the game doesn't mean they aren't using the same engine. The IW game engine has slowly been updated, but there are COD games which use the exact same version of the engine across different COD games from different developers.
Squall_Rinoa86
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1735
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/03 06:41:20 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Also hope you are not trying to say that COD:AW is using the same graphics engine as all of the others... Sledgehammer made the latest version, while Treyarch did BO2.

Ummm...

Well, they do all use the IW game engine. Just because different developers work on the game doesn't mean they aren't using the same engine. The IW game engine has slowly been updated, but there are COD games which use the exact same version of the engine across different COD games from different developers.

Exactly.... its the same game engine... each cod still has the same issues.

As far as optimization goes... sooo every game that uses less is unoptimized??? Hmmm kinda weird that games such as unity get blasted for unoptimizations... when it does the same as CoD AW..

Fascinating. See, sure bf4 launch wasnt spectacular but it had bugs not optimization issues. It had netcode issues.

So please try again?

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2
My Affiliate Code: AN1FW0VMG6
RainStryke
The Advocate
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/03 08:18:00 (permalink)
ty_ger07

Ummm...

Just because they name the engine with IW, does not mean it's the same thing as what was released back in 2005. That's like saying Nvidia has been using the same graphics architecture for the last 16 years because they've named all of their graphics cards with the GeForce name. 
post edited by RainStryke - 2015/03/05 15:15:29

Main PC | Secondary PC

32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17

RainStryke
The Advocate
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/03/03 08:48:11 (permalink)
Squall_Rinoa86
ty_ger07

Ummm...

Exactly.... its the same game engine... each cod still has the same issues.

As far as optimization goes... sooo every game that uses less is unoptimized??? Hmmm kinda weird that games such as unity get blasted for unoptimizations... when it does the same as CoD AW..

Fascinating. See, sure bf4 launch wasnt spectacular but it had bugs not optimization issues. It had netcode issues.

So please try again?

BF4 had major crashing issues at the beginning. It also had a bunch of issues with other programs and hardware installed. I'd be pissed if I had to jump through all of these hoops like this guy:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PC-How-to-try-and-fix-BF4-after-everything-else-failed-to-fully/td-p/2993466
Others have addressed a fix guide:
http://www.gameskinny.com/ni4bu/battlefield-4-crash-fix-guide
People on our own forum have complained:
http://forums.evga.com/BF4-will-not-stop-crashing-m2206197.aspx
http://forums.evga.com/BF4-crashes-m2048423.aspx
http://forums.evga.com/BF4-keeps-crashing-m2033432.aspx
http://forums.evga.com/BF4-still-crashing-m2071119.aspx

Unity was full of bugs, unintended things happened... That fiasco was more than just optimizations.
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-30226586

Main PC | Secondary PC

stalinx20
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4977
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: GTX 970 in SLI Has a Major Issue no matter what brand. 2015/04/18 10:28:57 (permalink)
-ZS-Carpenter
[Removed] I have had zero issues running 3 970s and for the life of me I can't force this stutter/frame drop issue no matter how hard I try.

Edit by Jedi:  Removed quote and a portion that was no longer in context.

How is the performance with 3 970's? i was wanting to purchase a 3rd one as well.

EVGA X79 Dark
2080 Black edition
EVGA 1000 gold PSU (Gold)
4820K CPU
16x G-skill
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile