AnsweredFallout 4

Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 26 of 89
Author
Dukman
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1478
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/02 08:08:23 (permalink)
What are these key things you two keep banging on about?   :D

Im a controller guy myself.  Never really did get the hang of the keyboard for games like this.   

Heatware

Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 13061
  • Ribbons : 34
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/02 08:17:16 (permalink)
Well, I never used a controller so we're even. Ha! I wish I did learn how to use a controller. I might be better with it. We're talking about how to rotate an item when you're using the Workshop to build things. The left-mouse-button or LMB rotates left and the right-mouse-button or RMB rotates the other direction so you can line things up before you put them down.
agent8
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8248
  • Ribbons : 20
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/02 09:27:32 (permalink)
All I know is that when I was working, I had to stop at the gas station about an hour ago, there was a bobby pin on the ground and I honestly thought about picking it up since I knew it was zero weight and Cait was getting low...
This game is too epic. A few bugs here and there (Like Cait was stuck in swim mode and I had to go to a previous save) but one of the best games I have ever played.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/02 09:40:22 (permalink)
I'm still figuring things out but it is an enjoyable game for sure. I compare it to a slowed down version of Borderlands 2. No matter what you want to classify it as I keep coming back for more. I get so involved I don't even realize how much time has gone by, usually at least an hour or more. Right now I keep getting bounced around from The Slog to Finch Farm and back again. Preston Scurvey seems to be stuck in a loop.
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/03 17:44:24 (permalink)
Dukman
What are these key things you two keep banging on about?   :D

Im a controller guy myself.  Never really did get the hang of the keyboard for games like this.   

I see what you did there. LOL

Never had a controller so I can't say anything pro or con about them. Been a keyboard and mouse guy and used a joy stick a few times.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/03 17:47:10 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Well, I never used a controller so we're even. Ha! I wish I did learn how to use a controller. I might be better with it. We're talking about how to rotate an item when you're using the Workshop to build things. The left-mouse-button or LMB rotates left and the right-mouse-button or RMB rotates the other direction so you can line things up before you put them down.

And that still irritates me that I lost the F and G keys. But that problems is now solved thanks to Zuhl.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/03 17:51:07 (permalink)
agent8
All I know is that when I was working, I had to stop at the gas station about an hour ago, there was a bobby pin on the ground and I honestly thought about picking it up since I knew it was zero weight and Cait was getting low...
This game is too epic. A few bugs here and there (Like Cait was stuck in swim mode and I had to go to a previous save) but one of the best games I have ever played.

I can see the police report now. Local man arrested for attempting a Fall Out 4 break in. LOL
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/03 17:53:48 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I'm still figuring things out but it is an enjoyable game for sure. I compare it to a slowed down version of Borderlands 2. No matter what you want to classify it as I keep coming back for more. I get so involved I don't even realize how much time has gone by, usually at least an hour or more. Right now I keep getting bounced around from The Slog to Finch Farm and back again. Preston Scurvey seems to be stuck in a loop.

This is a game that punishes you for taking a break from it. But in Zuhl's case the only reason he goes back are for his lady friends. LOL
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 04:15:38 (permalink)
I'm starting to get into the BOS missions and at this time I am getting missions from the two individuals (forgot their names) in the police station. I have not been to the BOS headquarters as of yet.
Question:
Do the two individuals that assign you quests (either to search for tech or clean up a sector) pull a Preston and assign quests repeatedly or do they run out of them after a period of time?

The same can also be asked about the other factions, Synths and Railroad, when getting the quests from them.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 05:36:41 (permalink)
I can't get any Institute quests until that Courser decides to show up at my Institute quarters and he is AWOL.
You can take Danse as a companion and I forget those two dredge's name myself. They'll send you to some places you've already been to collect technology that wasn't there before. You always have the option to say, "Not now" if you want to pursue other things. It would be nice to have that option with Preston Scurvey. Eventually they will send you to a place on the West side of the map to reclaim some tech and after that is when the BOS airship Prydwen shows up out of nowhere. You will be taken onboard and introduced to the crew and given a set of BOS Power Armor. As far as I know that is the only BOS headquarters to be found up until now. That is when the two morons at the Police Station stop giving out tasks but some will repeat a few times. The mission that comes to mind is having to clear out College Square more than once. After the Prydwen arrives you will be able to get missions from the doctor and maybe the captain onboard the airship.
post edited by Zuhl3156 - 2016/03/05 05:40:14
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 07:30:59 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I can't get any Institute quests until that Courser decides to show up at my Institute quarters and he is AWOL.
You can take Danse as a companion and I forget those two dredge's name myself. They'll send you to some places you've already been to collect technology that wasn't there before. You always have the option to say, "Not now" if you want to pursue other things. It would be nice to have that option with Preston Scurvey. Eventually they will send you to a place on the West side of the map to reclaim some tech and after that is when the BOS airship Prydwen shows up out of nowhere. You will be taken onboard and introduced to the crew and given a set of BOS Power Armor. As far as I know that is the only BOS headquarters to be found up until now. That is when the two morons at the Police Station stop giving out tasks but some will repeat a few times. The mission that comes to mind is having to clear out College Square more than once. After the Prydwen arrives you will be able to get missions from the doctor and maybe the captain onboard the airship.

"They'll send you to some places you've already been to collect technology that wasn't there before."

I thought so.
As far as that airship goes, it's docked at the airport as we speak. Those two "Dredges" are still handing out missions. Well, I guess I have to go humor them for awhile. LOL
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 08:10:18 (permalink)
I never noticed the airship until it showed up to rescue me and Cait from some Armory rooftop. It might have been there at the Boston Airport for the whole game and I never noticed. I think the airship captain is an arrogant bully and I really want to hose him with my Alien Blaster but worry about the consequences of the BOS rubbing out all of my Minutemen settlers. I've been back to the Police Station and the mission assigning minions are gone since the Prydwen showed up. I'll have to go back and check to see if they came back.
spyderrico
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 371
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 09:43:19 (permalink)
Quest question here.
I haven't progressed much into the search for Shaun quests or Preston's quests cause I thought those were the main storyline quests.  Is that true?  You know how Skyrim had the main dragonborn quests and if you finished that first the game was mostly done.
I've just been roaming doing side stuff.  Just started the BOS quest line and have to meet that guy from the railroad.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 09:55:36 (permalink)
Preston's quest aren't really a big deal. Finding Shaun opens up a whole new direction for you to go. No spoilers here. Go find out for yourself. Sooner or later you'll have to choose a side and then all hell will break loose. I am trying to get as much gameplay out of this before that happens. I want my money's worth. I am just dodging certain confrontations and taking the path of least resistence while remaining nuetral. So far I have basically sided with the Minutemen since I am getting missions from Preston 'Scurvey' who is too lazy to do anything except complain and give me more assignments. What's up with this? I'm the General not him, right? Shouldn't I be giving him orders?
spyderrico
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 371
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 10:01:57 (permalink)
Gotcha, I kinda knew the quest for Shaun was probably a main story line quest so I have been avoiding that one.  I did go into Diamond City to check it out though.
How are you doing on caps?  I've only got about 4500 and am at level 31.  They wanted 2000 caps for me to get an apartment in Diamond City and that was too rich for my blood.  I started working on the finding caps perk to start building my stash up.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 10:14:34 (permalink)
I bought the Home Plate apartment in Diamond City and at level 86 I probably have over 60,000 caps or more. I don't buy anything much except for the 'Spray and Pray' submachine gun from Cricket. If I want something I just kill a Raider or Super Mutant and take theirs. LOL Ha-ha.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 13:08:09 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I never noticed the airship until it showed up to rescue me and Cait from some Armory rooftop. It might have been there at the Boston Airport for the whole game and I never noticed. I think the airship captain is an arrogant bully and I really want to hose him with my Alien Blaster but worry about the consequences of the BOS rubbing out all of my Minutemen settlers. I've been back to the Police Station and the mission assigning minions are gone since the Prydwen showed up. I'll have to go back and check to see if they came back.

I did/completed a mission and was directed to tune into a frequency. The same time that happened the airship made a pass over me. I still have two missions from the 2 underlings that have to be completed and perhaps once that is done their assigning of missions may be also.

As far as the airship being at the airport the entire game, doubtful. That thing can be seen quite a distance from the airport. In fact that is how I found the airport. LOL
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 13:13:21 (permalink)
spyderrico
Quest question here.
I haven't progressed much into the search for Shaun quests or Preston's quests cause I thought those were the main storyline quests.  Is that true?  You know how Skyrim had the main dragonborn quests and if you finished that first the game was mostly done.
I've just been roaming doing side stuff.  Just started the BOS quest line and have to meet that guy from the railroad.

That is what I did AND am doing. I did start doing the Shaun quest but only a little bit. I don't want to end the game as it is too much fun.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 13:15:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
Preston's quest aren't really a big deal. Finding Shaun opens up a whole new direction for you to go. No spoilers here. Go find out for yourself. Sooner or later you'll have to choose a side and then all hell will break loose. I am trying to get as much gameplay out of this before that happens. I want my money's worth. I am just dodging certain confrontations and taking the path of least resistence while remaining nuetral. So far I have basically sided with the Minutemen since I am getting missions from Preston 'Scurvey' who is too lazy to do anything except complain and give me more assignments. What's up with this? I'm the General not him, right? Shouldn't I be giving him orders?

My kind of game scenario.

I'm trying to stay neutral also but I really HATE the Synths and that is where it will get dicy.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 13:28:15 (permalink)
spyderrico
Gotcha, I kinda knew the quest for Shaun was probably a main story line quest so I have been avoiding that one.  I did go into Diamond City to check it out though.
How are you doing on caps?  I've only got about 4500 and am at level 31.  They wanted 2000 caps for me to get an apartment in Diamond City and that was too rich for my blood.  I started working on the finding caps perk to start building my stash up.

Possible SPOILER ALERT.
spyderrico,
The following may be classified as a SPOILER. I prefer to call it a tip. LOL

Spend the caps on the apartment! Well worth the investment and it does have some advantages.

SPOILER ALERT?

Currently I am at level 51 and getting ready to advance. I have a little under 60,000.00 caps. Once you start (if you haven't already) building settlements you will notice that the work bench will get some caps placed in it. You'll need to build booths and assign them to be able to start receiving a cut of the action. Each settlement contributes to the work bench located in it.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/05 13:31:44 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
I bought the Home Plate apartment in Diamond City and at level 86 I probably have over 60,000 caps or more. I don't buy anything much except for the 'Spray and Pray' submachine gun from Cricket. If I want something I just kill a Raider or Super Mutant and take theirs. LOL Ha-ha.

Or kill all the baddies and loot the bodies. Cash it in and buy some stuff as well as contribute to your bottom line.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 05:01:25 (permalink)
I think it's time to dump Curie and join up with Piper for a while. I think there are some missions in Diamond City involving the Mayor that you need Piper to help you with. The problem is that I assigned Piper to a Supply line. I've crossed paths with her a few times and when I do something at Finch Farm I get a notice that "Curie liked that" and "Piper liked that" so I think sooner ot later she'll show up there or at the Starlight Drive-in. Cait just sits around Sactuary Hills griping about something / anything. After spending time with Curie I don't know if I want Cait again. I look at Cait and I think she has cooties now. Yuch!
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 05:28:28 (permalink)
Is the Mayor assigning the missions or the private detective?

I freed Strong last night. Those Super Mutant Overlords are tough by themselves but when they come in a bunch like they did to me, I sure made some XP when I put them to bed. LOL

"After spending time with Curie I don't know if I want Cait again."

Why? Is Cait too expensive for you? lol
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 05:33:26 (permalink)
I had a weird incident happen to me. I went to one of the settlements and noticed that all the defensive weapons were on the ground instead of in there place up high. And they were all operating, especially the lasers and missile launchers. And their power lines ran through obstacles. I'm starting not to like this session and may have to start over.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 05:37:01 (permalink)
whiskers54

Too expensive? Nah, too grumpy and I don't want to catch cooties from her. LOL  I think Piper uncovers some 'dirt' on the Mayor of Diamond City. I can't send Piper back to the Newspaper at Diamond City to do her investigative reporting so I'll need her as a companion and hope those quests are still available. I had seen a video about this quest but I don't want to give out any spoilers.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 05:41:12 (permalink)
whiskers54
I had a weird incident happen to me. I went to one of the settlements and noticed that all the defensive weapons were on the ground instead of in there place up high. And they were all operating, especially the lasers and missile launchers. And their power lines ran through obstacles. I'm starting not to like this session and may have to start over.

I never had that happen to me. Just go into the Workshop and reposition them. Maybe one of those Brahmin knocked them down. I put a lot of turrets on the roofs now that I added a jetpack to my Power Armor.
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 06:27:54 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

Too expensive? Nah, too grumpy and I don't want to catch cooties from her. LOL  I think Piper uncovers some 'dirt' on the Mayor of Diamond City. I can't send Piper back to the Newspaper at Diamond City to do her investigative reporting so I'll need her as a companion and hope those quests are still available. I had seen a video about this quest but I don't want to give out any spoilers.

I think the developers programmed real life issues in here and in this case I believe the name is PMS. LOL
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 06:33:22 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

I never had that happen to me. Just go into the Workshop and reposition them. Maybe one of those Brahmin knocked them down. I put a lot of turrets on the roofs now that I added a jetpack to my Power Armor.

The workshop is the only way to fix it, but in this case it makes the phrase PITA look like a slice of heaven. LOL
If I find out that it was a Brahmin, McDonalds, Wendys and any other establishment in this line of work will find new competition on the street.
Zuhl3156
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 06:37:27 (permalink)
whiskers54

I think the developers programmed real life issues in here and in this case I believe the name is PMS. LOL

PMS doesn't last this long. It's more like Menopause which means she is reaching the end of her usefulness to me. LOL
whiskers54
FTW Member
Re: Fallout 4 2016/03/06 06:55:35 (permalink)
Zuhl3156
whiskers54

PMS doesn't last this long. It's more like Menopause which means she is reaching the end of her usefulness to me. LOL

"PMS doesn't last this long."

You have a lot to learn Grasshopper. LOL

"It's more like Menopause which means she is reaching the end of her usefulness to me. LOL"

I always thought it was spelled Men-A-Pause.
Page: << < ..2627282930.. > >> Showing page 26 of 89
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile