EVGA

LockedCalifornia "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49170
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 14:54:29 (permalink)
And the people do nothing. GG.
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 14:56:46 (permalink)
Pitfighter

Msim, kindly re-read what I wrote above.

I did not write only for the rich to get firearms. As I wrote, make it expensive to get certain types of weapons and accessories. And I agree about people getting murdered by means other than firearms, that is why I wrote that I do not favor taking away the rights of citizens to ownership of firearms.

You didn't write "only for the rich to get firearms", but you don't get what happens when you start adding highly expensive taxes/fee's on firearms or accessories. It hurts the low income citizens the most, if the taxes are too high, they won't be able afford to purchase a firearm. Adding special taxes and fee's won't do anything to prevent a murder or mass shooting. It would end up make gun ownership only for rich people.

FattysGoneWild
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2660
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 15:01:23 (permalink)
Simple. I don't know all the hoopla what they want to do etc. I hate guns myself. At the same time. Cant take them away and they are here to stay. I get the whole hobby thing etc. Great. BUT. Civilians should not have access to military grade weapons such as assault rifles. It still don't matter. They can ban all they want. The bad guys will and continue to get them either way. Let the people that have them now keep them I say. Or make the law so hard and miserable. It would completely discourage people from even wanting or trying to get one. Oh hell. America is to messed up now to even be fixed. Especially the 2 potential bozos as our next President. America is a joke and cant be taken serious any more. Total softy etc etc. 
post edited by FattysGoneWild - 2016/07/02 15:06:47

HP Omen 880-160se custom ordered
MOBO: HP Tampa2
CPU: Intel i7 8700k @4.8GHz
RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400
GPU: PNY XLR8 RTX 3080
PSU: Delta 750w 80 Plus Platinum 
NVMe M.2 SSD: Samsung 512GB MZVLW512HMJP
SSD: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO
HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001
Sound: Logitech Z623 THX 2.1 Speakers
Monitor: Dell S2716DG 2560x1440 @144Hz G-Sync calibrated with ColorMunki Display
Keyboard: HP Omen 1100
Mouse: HP Omen 600

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 15:14:41 (permalink)
Shockjockey
I totally agree. NRA is out of control. They have too many people brainwashed. Proud not to be one of them. On a side note, glad you have the balls to express your opinion. Most people that do on forum get attacked. People need to stop replacing their small attributes with guns . 

The NRA doesn't have anyone brainwashed, they just have more people with common sense.  When did speaking the truth become attacking someone.     

When a drunk driver kills someone, they blame the person driving, not the vehicle. When a crazy person goes on a shooting spree, they blame the gun and not the person.

delta7
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 457
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 15:23:26 (permalink)
 Since the introduction of the feral hogs that destroy crops and feed for livestock and damage the land. Semi-automatic weapons have become a useful tool in rural america. 
I see a gun as a tool and also a type of recreation. Problem is, too many fruitcakes in the world these days. It's not the fault of the tool.

drewskidrewsgv
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 15:31:15 (permalink)
MSim
Shockjockey
I totally agree. NRA is out of control. They have too many people brainwashed. Proud not to be one of them. On a side note, glad you have the balls to express your opinion. Most people that do on forum get attacked. People need to stop replacing their small attributes with guns . 

The NRA doesn't have anyone brainwashed, they just have more people with common sense.  When did speaking the truth become attacking someone.     

When a drunk driver kills someone, they blame the person driving, not the vehicle. When a crazy person goes on a shooting spree, they blame the gun and not the person.

Because that person was inebriated and not thinking right and should not have been behind the wheel in the first place. If someone drunk goes out and starts shooting people then they would get blamed more. I doubt they would hit most people but the gun wouldn't have been blamed more than likely the person being drunk and stupid would have. Even the NRA said that Trump was not right when he said that if people in the club in Orlando would have been carrying guns it wouldn't have happened because it's irresponsible to be drinking and carrying a firearm.
Chaos_21
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4524
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 15:34:25 (permalink)
MSim
Shockjockey

That's not the truth.....
1) With the drunk driver: you blame the driver and the alcohol server if possible.
Also people with convictions can be required to use a breathalyzer before driving.
2) With the crazy person the gun is not blamed, the individual is and anyone that ignored the warning signs.
There are steps that can be taken to keep guns out of the hands of people with a history of mental illness.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
 Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
 Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 15:46:47 (permalink)
drewskidrewsgv

Because that person was inebriated and not thinking right and should not have been behind the wheel in the first place. If someone drunk goes out and starts shooting people then they would get blamed more. I doubt they would hit most people but the gun wouldn't have been blamed more than likely the person being drunk and stupid would have. Even the NRA said that Trump was not right when he said that if people in the club in Orlando would have been carrying guns it wouldn't have happened because it's irresponsible to be drinking and carrying a firearm.

I would say a person that goes on a shooting spree isn't thinking right, but that could just be me.

Did Mr. Trump say drunk people carrying guns, no i don't think he did. What he meant by his statement, if responsible gun owners were allowed to carry into Orlando nightclub, things would of been a lot different. Not everyone that goes to a Nightclub drinks. Responsible gun owners know alcohol and firearms are a deadly combo.

Pitfighter
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 267
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 17:21:18 (permalink)
MSim
Pitfighter

Msim, kindly re-read what I wrote above.

I did not write only for the rich to get firearms. As I wrote, make it expensive to get certain types of weapons and accessories. And I agree about people getting murdered by means other than firearms, that is why I wrote that I do not favor taking away the rights of citizens to ownership of firearms.

You didn't write "only for the rich to get firearms", but you don't get what happens when you start adding highly expensive taxes/fee's on firearms or accessories. It hurts the low income citizens the most, if the taxes are too high, they won't be able afford to purchase a firearm. Adding special taxes and fee's won't do anything to prevent a murder or mass shooting. It would end up make gun ownership only for rich people.

Sim,

I'm not all saying to make it expensive on all firearms.
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re: California "Assault Weapons" Ban(and more) 2016/07/02 17:24:39 (permalink)

Locking thread, as it has been deemed Political.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile