COD Black Ops 2 problem. (Freezes/Not responding) *FIXED/SOLVED*

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 115
Re:COD Black Ops 2 problem. (Freezes/Not responding) *FIXED/SOLVED* 2013/04/03 19:45:28 (permalink)

The reply back to me:

"Hello Kevin,

Thank you for contacting Activision support. I'm glad to hear that you got it working properly, thanks for taking the time to let me know what steps you took to resolve this. I'll be sure to let the developers know about this so that we can hopefully see this addressed in a game update, but in the meantime definitely keep playing in offline mode so that you can get past that portion. I hope that you enjoy the rest of the campaign since you can finally get to it!"

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
kentarokaos
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:COD Black Ops 2 problem. (Freezes/Not responding) *FIXED/SOLVED* 2013/08/19 16:05:03 (permalink)
I've having trouble with this game in multiplayer mode. It's getting stuck just like yours was, but I can't run offline mode if my goal is to play online. Nothing I try is working. Game does not freeze when in offline mode, so it's definitely some kind of network issue... Any ideas??

Watercooled Intel Core i7 3770-K @ 4.5 GHz | Watercooled nVidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB | 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 RAM | ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard | Creative Sound Blaster Zx | Windows 8.1 x64 | Crucial M4 128 GB SSD | Samsung 830 256 GB SSD | Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers | BENQ XL2420T Monitor x2
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:COD Black Ops 2 problem. (Freezes/Not responding) *FIXED/SOLVED* 2013/08/19 19:49:37 (permalink)

kentarokaos

I've having trouble with this game in multiplayer mode. It's getting stuck just like yours was, but I can't run offline mode if my goal is to play online. Nothing I try is working. Game does not freeze when in offline mode, so it's definitely some kind of network issue... Any ideas??

How are you getting stuck? Can you explain in more detail?

&nbsp
kentarokaos
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:COD Black Ops 2 problem. (Freezes/Not responding) *FIXED/SOLVED* 2013/08/19 20:53:25 (permalink)
XrayMan

kentarokaos

How are you getting stuck? Can you explain in more detail?

Basically, if I run Multiplayer Black Ops 2, the game hangs at the main menu when updating the top right version number. It never changes from 39.0.X, when it's supposed to be 39.1320.X (or something like that). If I run Steam in offline mode, the multiplayer Black Ops 2 menu does not hang--of course, it also doesn't update, and also does not allow me to play online. So it's some kind of networking issue when it's trying to connect online.

I've tried disabling Windows Defender and Windows Firewall to no avail, among many other things. You can see the thread I started at the Steam Community here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/202990/discussions/0/846961716477531145/

The only remaining suggestion from the people trying to help me there is to get rid of Windows 8, which I won't do just for one game messing up. It has worked fine before on my system, up until recently. Again, it's some kind of networking issue that is happening, and if it IS Windows 8's fault, then so be it, no BO2 for me. Every other game I have works fine.

Watercooled Intel Core i7 3770-K @ 4.5 GHz | Watercooled nVidia GeForce GTX 680 2GB | 16 GB G. Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 RAM | ASUS P8Z77-V Motherboard | Creative Sound Blaster Zx | Windows 8.1 x64 | Crucial M4 128 GB SSD | Samsung 830 256 GB SSD | Corsair SP2500 2.1 Speakers | BENQ XL2420T Monitor x2
XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
Re:COD Black Ops 2 problem. (Freezes/Not responding) *FIXED/SOLVED* 2013/08/19 21:18:03 (permalink)

I found this. I hope it helps:

#1 Call of Duty Blacks Ops 2 Crash Fixes
All right, there can be multiple reasons for your game to crash. Reasons for crashes and their possible solutions highlighted by Treyarch are as follows:
  • If you are getting a crash while in the lobby, then make sure that you check that it has Nuketwon in it or not. If you have pre-ordered the game, you will be fine otherwise, join some other lobby.
  • Make sure that your on-board sound device and PCI sound card aren’t enabled at the same time (disable one). The crash can also occur due to sound drivers conflict so make sure that you are using the up-to-date drivers.
  • Your game can crash if you try to change resolution while live streaming.
  • If you get a team error after selecting update when prompted with a “Game Settings Have Changed” message. Launching the game again will resolve this.
  • You may also want to runs some installers manually to avoid random crashes. Exit Steam and run the following installers:
    • ..\Steamapps\Common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\redist\vcredist_x86.exe
    • …\Steamapps\Common\Call of Duty Black Ops II\redist\DirectX\dxsetup.exe

Read more: http://segmentnext.com/2012/11/13/black-ops-2-crashes-errors-freezes-lag-stuttering-and-fixes/#ixzz2cTnDDTAN

*Also, you could try calling EA's support. You can also chat with them online:

https://help.ea.com/contact-us

&nbsp
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile