EVGA

Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 43
Author
zyklon69
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/11 11:01:54 (permalink)
Would i be able to step up from 1080 ti FE to a 1080 ti FTW3 ?
DaRkL3AD3R
  • Total Posts : 86
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 11:09:09 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech

Because there is still an embargo attached to AIB specific cards. Dont forget, the 1080 and 1070 founder edition cards were released 2 weeks before the board partners were allowed to release their own cards. This is no different. We should know more when Nvidia stops telling the board partners to wait.

Do you have a source for confirmation on the embargo? That's extremely scummy of Nvidia to do if true.

This confuses me because I've had people tell me, with proof, that they ordered the 1080 FTW back in late May of last year, only a couple days after the FE launched. I even remember scolding my buddy for not waiting and jumping on a crappy FE card, linking him the comparisons of FE and aftermarket 1080s how they throttle clocks while aftermarket stays stable. And this was only days after the FE launched. I googled and googled and googled but I could not find a single article saying "they're here, buy your 1080 FTW today." But if people proved they bought theirs only a few days after the FE, I guess that's something. 2 weeks - 2 MONTHS is craziness. How can it take that long after all these years of experience with the process?

Wow I just dug through my SMS log with my buddy and after scrolling for an eternity, waddya know, the message where I show him how vulgar language removed the FE is and how it throttles compared to an MSI card, posted June 2nd, less than a week after FE launch. I call shenanigans on this 2 weeks embargo nonsense.

http://i.imgur.com/WHuIj7Ah.jpg

Those guys reviewing it had to have it for at least a day or so to benchmark and compare results. I absolutely believe those guys who told me they ordered their FTW and other custom cards only days after FE. Something fishy is going on here.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/11 19:24:12

CPU: i7 7700k 4.8Ghz GPU: GTX 1080 Ti Strix Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Case: Cooler Master HAF-X PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Titanium 
demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/11 11:21:12 (permalink)
nutcracker1
Can you use a card you got from step up to step up again? Evga policies dont allow a step up card to be used for step up again. Can someone pls confirm how this works?
this pretty much sums it up

Can I Step-Up a product more than once?

No - A product received from Step-Up cannot be used in the Step-Up program.
demon09
FTW Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 11:26:39 (permalink)
DaRkL3AD3R
Scarlet-Tech

Because there is still an embargo attached to AIB specific cards. Dont forget, the 1080 and 1070 founder edition cards were released 2 weeks before the board partners were allowed to release their own cards. This is no different. We should know more when Nvidia stops telling the board partners to wait.

Do you have a source for confirmation on the embargo? That's extremely scummy of Nvidia to do if true.

This confuses me because I've had people tell me, with proof, that they ordered the 1080 FTW back in late May of last year, only a couple days after the FE launched. I even remember scolding my buddy for not waiting and jumping on a crappy FE card, linking him the comparisons of FE and aftermarket 1080s how they throttle clocks while aftermarket stays stable. And this was only days after the FE launched. I googled and googled and googled but I could not find a single article saying "they're here, buy your 1080 FTW today." But if people proved they bought theirs only a few days after the FE, I guess that's something. 2 weeks - 2 MONTHS is craziness. How can it take that long after all these years of experience with the process?

Wow I just dug through my SMS log with my buddy and after scrolling for an eternity, waddya know, the message where I show him how vulgar language removed the FE is and how it throttles compared to an MSI card, posted June 2nd, less than a week after FE launch. I call shenanigans on this 2 weeks embargo nonsense.

Those guys reviewing it had to have it for at least a day or so to benchmark and compare results. I absolutely believe those guys who told me they ordered their FTW and other custom cards only days after FE. Something fishy is going on here.

it took them 16 days after the 1080 launch to have the acx card's i think the ftw version came out around then also. hopefully it won't take them to much longer than that
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/11 19:24:46
warrior10
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1039
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/11 15:08:43 (permalink)
blaster876
I find it a little sad that after all the issues with the original 1080 FTW and then the subseqent mishandling of the situation by EVGA that we don't get the option to step up to a FTW3. The icx 1080 was really just to cover up the screw ups from the original acx cooler that EVGA couldn't admit to. Pretty sad. Paid a premium for my FTW and now you are telling me I can't get even close to the same model on a ti. I think this was my EVGA card sadly. Maybe someone else will offer something better.

Get over it, the 1080Ti is more than enough for anyone, more than suffecient. If you want anything more than you can wait to try to step-up to a 1080Ti ICX, for some people however self-entitlement has no end. That is very very sad that that happened.

My new 
https://www.gigabyte.com/...70-Gaming-K7-rev-10#kf
HAF-X Coolermaster: 4 Fans
New Rig:Ryzen 1700 CPU-H100i Liquid arctic Cooled.
16gigs Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Black WD Black caviar 2-1TB's and 1 500gig
WD Blue 1 TB  1 Sand disk SSD 240 for OS
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Dell 1444p G-Sync Monitor @144htz to 160htz
ipaine
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 17:35:25 (permalink)
DaRkL3AD3R
Scarlet-Tech

Jacob basically said on his livestream today that there is no NDA/embargo about the cards. Now that is not to say that Nvidia hasn't worked out some sort of a deal with regards to giving the FE a jump start, but I doubt it. As for cards like the SC2 & FTW3, he wouldn't give a launch date because they don't have a hard one set yet. Well he said he wouldn't want to give a date and have it wrong, and lets face it the people here would basically crucify him if he was wrong. Second they don't even have the clocks set in stone for the FTW3. I would guess most manufacturers are in the same boat. Constantly testing chips and getting them binned into sc/sc2/ftw3/etc. Once they have enough of each then they will launch. And since the FTW3 will understandably be the hardest to get the number of chips it needs will be the last to be released.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/11 19:25:25
ipkha
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2308
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 17:46:00 (permalink)
They had a certain NDA that passed as all of a sudden on launch day a whole passel of cards were suddenly teased. But still no specs on any of them or actual product pages.

DaRkL3AD3R
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 19:04:10 (permalink)
ipaine

Jacob basically said on his livestream today that there is no NDA/embargo about the cards. Now that is not to say that Nvidia hasn't worked out some sort of a deal with regards to giving the FE a jump start, but I doubt it. As for cards like the SC2 & FTW3, he wouldn't give a launch date because they don't have a hard one set yet. Well he said he wouldn't want to give a date and have it wrong, and lets face it the people here would basically crucify him if he was wrong. Second they don't even have the clocks set in stone for the FTW3. I would guess most manufacturers are in the same boat. Constantly testing chips and getting them binned into sc/sc2/ftw3/etc. Once they have enough of each then they will launch. And since the FTW3 will understandably be the hardest to get the number of chips it needs will be the last to be released.

I knew the embargo thing was BS. Well I hope things go smoothly, waiting until May is just out of the question. At this point, I'd take a SC1 and be happy. But I would feel like I'm getting the gimped choice because I have a feeling that 3 fan cooler is going to perform significantly better. I just wish they would talk a bit more about this stuff instead of leaving us in the dark.

CPU: i7 7700k 4.8Ghz GPU: GTX 1080 Ti Strix Mobo: Asus Maximus IX Hero RAM: G-Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz Case: Cooler Master HAF-X PSU: EVGA Supernova 850w Titanium 
Slammy
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 104
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 19:11:24 (permalink)
I'll believe that chart if they are using the stock fan curve. I think at stock, it limits the fan to 60%or something. You have to use a custom fan curve and yes, it will get loud. I had a Founders 1080 and it would OC to 2000 easily and never dropped below 1950. This is in a Corsair 800d case with crappy air flow.
DaRkL3AD3R
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 19:24:47 (permalink)
Slammy
I'll believe that chart if they are using the stock fan curve. I think at stock, it limits the fan to 60%or something. You have to use a custom fan curve and yes, it will get loud. I had a Founders 1080 and it would OC to 2000 easily and never dropped below 1950. This is in a Corsair 800d case with crappy air flow.

I don't enjoy jet turbines in my bedroom. Never again getting a reference card.

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 19:39:07 (permalink)
DaRkL3AD3R
ipaine

I knew the embargo thing was BS. Well I hope things go smoothly, waiting until May is just out of the question. At this point, I'd take a SC1 and be happy. But I would feel like I'm getting the gimped choice because I have a feeling that 3 fan cooler is going to perform significantly better. I just wish they would talk a bit more about this stuff instead of leaving us in the dark.

Ok, i figured there was an embargo since NO company has provided information. Also "Jacob basically said?" Basically isnt direct.. with the way people completely misinterpret things, basically saying something holds very little weight in my eyes. Dont forget, people basically said the card was launching at 6am, and the forum had posts with people freaking out because there were no cards for sale at 6am. Fact was that the time had been 10am for over a week, and people basically didnt read.

I am not trying to say ipaine did anything wrong either. Just a fact about the interpretation.
post edited by Scarlet-Tech - 2017/03/11 20:50:31
ipaine
iCX Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/11 21:02:13 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
DaRkL3AD3R
ipaine

Ok, i figured there was an embargo since NO company has provided information. Also "Jacob basically said?" Basically isnt direct.. with the way people completely misinterpret things, basically saying something holds very little weight in my eyes. Dont forget, people basically said the card was launching at 6am, and the forum had posts with people freaking out because there were no cards for sale at 6am. Fact was that the time had been 10am for over a week, and people basically didnt read.

I am not trying to say ipaine did anything wrong either. Just a fact about the interpretation.

No worries. And even after reading my reply again I regretted using that word. He did say there is no embargo/NDA. I think I used basically because I can't remember if he said embargo or NDA and didn't want things to be thought of as an exact quote. But I do understand about the embargo since no one is really saying anything. I'm guessing that while it is not an embargo, I think that maybe Nvidia holds off on sending the chips for as long as possible. This way they do up a bunch of FE cards and send them to everyone and then start sending chips. Because of this no one has time to finalize their clock speeds in time for launch. That way you are guaranteed to sell a bunch of FE cards and then in a week or two people will start to get the custom ones since they will have had time to bin their chips and finalize things.

Make sense?

Frankly I just wish someone from EVGA would come in here and actually set us straight. Its not like they have to give us clock speeds or release dates, just tell us the process so we know. It would be nice to know.
post edited by ipaine - 2017/03/11 21:13:29
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/12 00:12:39 (permalink)
demon09
nutcracker1
Can you use a card you got from step up to step up again? Evga policies dont allow a step up card to be used for step up again. Can someone pls confirm how this works?
this pretty much sums it up

Can I Step-Up a product more than once?

No - A product received from Step-Up cannot be used in the Step-Up program.

That is Very Much CORRECT Sir, unfortunately us consumers can't have everything we want heh, but then again Evga is the only Gpu maker to have a Step-up program in which we can be happy about. Of course most Gpu's including the Ti variant, the FTW and the SC, along with the Classifieds are very rarely allowed to be used as a Step-up because in fairness of every consumer having to pay a Full amount heh.

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
TheRealFoXQc
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/12 00:42:16 (permalink)
Ok so I got my 1080 FTW a month ago... I want that 1080 Ti Beast... It just screams for me to step it up. But will there be any aftermarket cooler version included in the step up ?? Im not a fan of the green LEDs of the FE, as I have an all orange and black build with a tempered glass case ! :( But hey, if there'S not going to have a step up to SC, SC2 or FTW3, I'll live with it.. 56 days left to wait lol...

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW (Stepping-Up)
InWin 303 Black Case
i7 7770
16GB G.Skills RGB DDR4
Gigabyte Z270x Ultra-Gaming RGB
7x ThermalTake Riing 12 Orange Fans
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/12 01:20:16 (permalink)
TheRealFoXQc
Ok so I got my 1080 FTW a month ago... I want that 1080 Ti Beast... It just screams for me to step it up. But will there be any aftermarket cooler version included in the step up ?? Im not a fan of the green LEDs of the FE, as I have an all orange and black build with a tempered glass case ! :( But hey, if there'S not going to have a step up to SC, SC2 or FTW3, I'll live with it.. 56 days left to wait lol...

The Official answer i can give you and everyone else right now is, that No ICX's are up for any Step-up, i should know since i'm on it heheh. If anyone wants the ICX versions of the 1080 TI, the 1080Ti FTW3 and the 1080Ti SC, then you will all unfortunately have to wait a bit, not much but just a lil' bit more for the ICX version to come out, though it seems in My opinion it will be out very fast.

I know i have to be very patient in waiting for my next Gpu as well, i just got lucky like some others, thanx to Evga, their still the best for me. :)

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
ipaine
iCX Member
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/12 01:48:40 (permalink)
TheRealFoXQc

Like warrior10 said at this point no, the only card available for step-up with regards to the 1080ti is the FE. But I would say there is a decent chance of the SC black also ending up on that list. Only because that is the only announced card that has a reference board (well aside from the DVI). So really if, and I mean if, any other card gets added it would be that one. When, not before it goes on sale that's for sure.

exilelrrp
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 411
Re: EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX 2017/03/12 03:34:11 (permalink)
Good things comes to those that patiently wait.

*Lian Li PC-011D Mini (Black) *i9-10900K *ROG Strix Z490-G *Nzxt Kraken Z73/Lian Li UNI SL120 Series *Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 *Corsair HX1200i *EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ultra FTW3 *Samsung 970 Evo M.2 1TB *Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB *Samsung 840 Evo Series 1TB SSD *Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ *Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB *Corsair Dark Core *Corsair Gaming MM800 *Corsair ST100 *Razer Nari Ultimate.

warrior10
FTW Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 03:57:02 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
DaRkL3AD3R
ipaine

I know truthfully, i along with other people of the press and even some people that do Internet Tech-related shows, or just private-sector even in Contractor working, that their is Always an NDA that we have to abide by. Also, Fact is we cannot even talk about it legally speaking, but only keep the mouth shut unless the NDA is lifted by said Companies.

I've had to do plenty of legal  NDA's in my life doing a lot of things i'm proud to have worked, but don't ever talk about them, even now unless said Company has said from a real Official, that the NDA has lifted and certain things can be talked about legally and other things cannot sometimes ever be public because said Companies have a lot to lose if public does knows too much about /bugs, etc that could have happened in the Testing environment.

Honestly, i don't know what happned with Nvidia with the Gpu's, but i do know Scarlet-Tech, as an honest person when it comes to stuff like this, and I do know also that Certain companies actually do things that Scarlet-Tech has talked about. The only thing is usually people that know about stuff like this are luckily able to get good info from reliable sources, or they have been in an NDA-testing environment themselves and know about certain things.

So, i would not be surprised if Nvidia did something like Scarlet-Tech said because fact is Nvidia might only be able to gain more sales by doing this stuff, because fact is, this makes Media-buzz around the world, which could also mean more sales for Nvidia. Companies around the world do this kind of stuff and it's really a Psychological thing Corporations do to gain statistics on how to make a better profit, though in doing this Corporation also know as much as they can gain, it is also a big Gamble and can also backfire with bad Media/News/Internet-news sites, etc.
post edited by warrior10 - 2017/03/12 03:59:10

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Ribbons : 110
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 06:29:10 (permalink)
Here is some food for thought as well...

There are always good marketing tactics that create "Positive Buzz".

Then there are those that spill the beans about all the "Plans", only to end up with a lot of negative publicity because folks start saying "You told us over a month ago this was coming". Or, "Why even tell us if the supply is going to be so limited that it seems no one gets one", to "You should wait until you have a stock pile and then release the product so more consumers can have a chance to get one". Or, "Why is the product not releasing like you told us it would, is it defective?".

And on and on. 

Trust me, Nvidia has this figured out. There is always room for improvement, but over all most of us learn to keep an eye on the forums (Not our email inbox) in order to stay informed and wait patiently for what we personally think is going to fit our needs the best.

The_Ninjak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 09:13:33 (permalink)
warrior10
cdburrus
While I'm thrilled to have snagged a Founders card, i know the cooler is pretty much meh, especially according to the Gamers Nexus review.  The reference card is plenty fast enough for my needs, so I just have to decide whether to later step up to a Black Edition (if possible) for the better cooler and minor OC or to grab and slap on an Arctic Accelero fan.  I'm definitely leaning toward the former.

I must admit, that as much as i can complain about people feeling self-entitlement when they shouldn't, i would love to be able to Modify that air-exhaust design on the 1080Ti FE edition and use an alternate but safe design that would be very beneficial to all 1080 FE owner's, but i think most people and Evga would only think that people would want cooled better for only OC'ing which i don't care to do with such a powerful Gpu.

While I'd love to have something like the FTW3, I couldn't justify waiting for one for my needs.  I was thrilled to have the 1080 FTW2 because none of us really expected the Ti to be as significantly more powerful than a 1080 than we learned nor be as cheap for the base model without the silly premium former founders editions commanded in price.  As one of many who didn't wait and snagged the FE, I don't need any huge overclock, just a quiet effective cooler that won't cause the card to throttle too soon when I eventually push the card harder.  That's the only reason my FE cooler has to go.  I'm not a water cooling person, so I figure I'd be spending about $80-100 whether I'm able to go from FE to Black via step up (likely not a huge cost difference from FE, but back and forth shipping taken into account) or keep the FE and get a third party cooler.  (As for why I didn't wait, it was one of those things where if I didn't spend the money now I wouldn't have it later, but spending another $100 or so sooner isn't an issue.).  As it stands, the FE shouldn't even make much noise for me in the short term as I'm primarily gaming at 1920x1200 and sometimes 5760x1200 until I get a 4K screen by year's end (and maybe eventually Hololens when it gets more affordable).  The card will be living in my very roomy CM ATCS 840 full tower, so I've never had heat concerns necessitating a blower for cooling to begin with.  

Whatever happens, I'm thrilled we're getting such a high-performance card so affordably.  No matter how Volta and Vega eventually turn out, I know I won't be disappointed in this purchase.

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 | Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe | 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

Dariusz1989
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 211
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 16:59:27 (permalink)
What do you guys think is the ETA for EVGA cards to be normally available in stores? UK ?

www.dariuszmakowski.com
EVGA SR 2 
2x Xeon 5670 @ 4.0
48 gb 8x4 Tripple channel 1600  
1x Ocz  Vertex 3 120 gb SSD OS
4x WD RE 3 500 gb 2x2 Raid 0
EVGA GTX 680 4GB Classified  
Enermax Revolution 1050w 
Xigmatec Elysium 3x 120 on top / 2x 120 on bottom / 140 back / 2x 120 front / 1x 240 side / 4x CPU 120mm - 2x noctua 50cf + 2x scythe 100 cf

Enzo1126
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 20:01:05 (permalink)
So if I an owner of a 1080ftw2 wants to step up to a 1080ti, will a step up to at least the black or sc2 version be available? Can a mod provide a direct answer please or pm
The_Ninjak
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 20:31:16 (permalink)
Enzo1126
So if I an owner of a 1080ftw2 wants to step up to a 1080ti, will a step up to at least the black or sc2 version be available? Can a mod provide a direct answer please or pm

Until cards are officially available and appear on the step up list, it's going to be speculation.  So far, you can step up to the founders edition.  As typically only reference cards are made available for step up, at a guess the Black Edition might become available, but likely not the SC2 and almost definitely not the FTW3.

post edited by cdburrus - 2017/03/12 20:34:08

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero | EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2 | EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3200 | Cooler Master MasterCase H500M
500GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe | 2TB ADATA SX8200 Pro NVMe | 1TB WD Blue 3D NAND SSD

the_Scarlet_one
formerly Scarlet-tech
  • Total Posts : 24581
  • Ribbons : 79
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 21:07:52 (permalink)
Enzo1126

Nope, a mod cant provide a direct answer. We know what you know. We dont work for EVGA, we just assist on the forums to help remove vulgar language and accidental double posts.

Like cdburrus said, when evga makes an announcement, we will all know at the same time.
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 21:39:06 (permalink)
Afterburner
Here is some food for thought as well...

There are always good marketing tactics that create "Positive Buzz".

Then there are those that spill the beans about all the "Plans", only to end up with a lot of negative publicity because folks start saying "You told us over a month ago this was coming". Or, "Why even tell us if the supply is going to be so limited that it seems no one gets one", to "You should wait until you have a stock pile and then release the product so more consumers can have a chance to get one". Or, "Why is the product not releasing like you told us it would, is it defective?".

And on and on. 

Trust me, Nvidia has this figured out. There is always room for improvement, but over all most of us learn to keep an eye on the forums (Not our email inbox) in order to stay informed and wait patiently for what we personally think is going to fit our needs the best.

And that's what people are supposed to do, but unfortunately with the Internet information-age with so many sites saying things it gets out of whack so to say.

Answer: It is what most of us here in The know do, and that is "Only get info from the Company that makes your product".

Fact, is that with the Internet age so many sites put out so much trash, about stuff when the product isn't even out and has not even been tested to begin with. So many sites on the internet said they had info on the New 1080Ti, when fact is a lot of them had no idea what the 1080Ti would even have, and they never even tested the 1080Ti either. I wished sites like that couldn't be around, but oh well lol.

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
warrior10
FTW Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 21:49:59 (permalink)
Scarlet-Tech
Enzo1126

Nope, a mod cant provide a direct answer. We know what you know. We dont work for EVGA, we just assist on the forums to help remove vulgar language and accidental double posts.

Like cdburrus said, when evga makes an announcement, we will all know at the same time.

Scarlet-Tech, it would be hell if you and other Mods could answer those questions, i mean they would have to pay you guys a lot of money, and i think you guys are doing this position free of charge as is. But it would be hellous because everyone on this earth would be asking, and some still do about when these great Gpu's will be out and other official stuff.

My new 
180Ti Hybrid
Blu-ray drive SCSI
CDRW-RW drive SCSI 
Corsair PSU 1020
SWTOR Mouse and Headset
Razer CHROMA Keyboard
Fotis
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 22:25:25 (permalink)
Would it be safe to assume that 1080ti icx black will be available sooner than the other two models because its basically a reference board with a custom cooler?

Intel Core i7 4770k|Gigabyte Z87X-OC| 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 2400MHz|EVGA Geforce 780Ti SC 3GB|Samsung 256GB 830 pro SSD|Corsair AX1200i PSU|Akasa Eclipse-62 Case|Windows 10 x64 Pro
ZaneDrums
  • Total Posts : 46
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 23:30:37 (permalink)
Need someone's help.. I'm wanting the new FTW3 for my first computer. I've thought about just going with the FTW2 for now then stepping up to the FTW3. BUT, it sounds like the FTW3 won't be available for the step up program. Do you guys think I should wait for the FTW3 or just get a FTW2 and hope it'll be able to step to a FTW3. I just wanna game! I've been waiting so eagerly to start building my PC... thanks for the help.
demon09
FTW Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 23:35:13 (permalink)
ZaneDrums
Need someone's help.. I'm wanting the new FTW3 for my first computer. I've thought about just going with the FTW2 for now then stepping up to the FTW3. BUT, it sounds like the FTW3 won't be available for the step up program. Do you guys think I should wait for the FTW3 or just get a FTW2 and hope it'll be able to step to a FTW3. I just wanna game! I've been waiting so eagerly to start building my PC... thanks for the help.
what resolution and refresh rate are you planning to game at? The 5xx$ 1080cards are pretty good price to dollar performance
demon09
FTW Member
Re: Announcing EVGA 1080 Ti with iCX - Coming Soon 2017/03/12 23:36:46 (permalink)
Fotis
Would it be safe to assume that 1080ti icx black will be available sooner than the other two models because its basically a reference board with a custom cooler?
lots of times a bunch will come out at the same time. But they could come out separate nobody knows ATM who can talk about it
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 43
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile