And that's the end of it!

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 21
Author
BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/21 19:24:40 (permalink)
Mooresville NC nuff said!

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

DStith
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 133
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/21 22:57:40 (permalink)
RushXTC
DStith
RushXTC
DStith
Damn bro, you just got the car.  I have a GT mustang also and haven't ever hit anything with it.  You gotta share the road my man.  That is what it is all about.  The car isn't a toy, although it is marketed as one.  Anyway hopefully you can get it fixed and you don't hike up your insurance.

Also you had flowmasters on it? WHY?  Ford makes excellent mufflers for this car from the factory stock.

I got tired of stock mufflers real quick.

Seems kinda a waste of money bro.  You took off brand new parts and replaced them with brand new parts that will annoy other drivers a little bit more.  But on the other hand, at least this isn't silly like what I saw the other day, which was a Fiat with mufflers swapped out.  It was loud, and totally pointless on a silly little car hehe.

You're going to get brembos after you had an accident?  Good luck bro but if you have very little stopping distance, it doesn't matter what brakes you have, the car still will slide if you lose traction.  You already have ABS and traction control as well as a high quality brake caliper system from Ford.  Look at the other guy's thread though, a 65 mustang barely has any brakes on it.  I have seen with my own eyes, at least on the Falcon which is basically the same car.  I have seen VW beetles from the same year have much beefier brakes stock.  What you have is a much, much more upgraded vehicle over the old stuff.  I wouldn't change out the brakes unless you're pushing 600 + horses out of the car and it is necessary to.  People were adding brembos and whatnot to SUVs after they upgraded the performance in them since the vehicle is really heavy also.   Save some cash, man.

And yeah the parts are expensive.  Aluminum hood, fender work, body work, prep, paint.  To repair the front clip of the vehicle might cost over 5 grand.

But hey man, at least it wasn't your fault and you drive safe.  That is important over all.

I was going to get brembos with insurance money, But since it's not covering me, I'm going to leave it alone. I tried the braking thing, IT stopped fine, But the problem is it jumps a lot. I checked for a fix and it turns out, All the bushings are shady, So I'll be upgrading the bushings on the IRS which will help with traction on takeoff and braking.

That shouldn't cost much, I'm waiting for BMR to release them officially. Shouldn't be too much.

Yeah there's some jumpy stuff about these modern Mustangs.  I can admit.  I asked my service technician about some issue I had since he owned one and he said it was normal for the car.  I just drive a touch different and everything works well.  Man when I first got the car, some other stuff would happen when driving it.  I guess I'm used to it now though.  The car just runs and drives really smooth.

Trying to get something out of insurance is really difficult.  It's easier to just take it to a shop and have them do everything and not getting in the middle of it.  But sometimes some extra things work out.

Old rig, ftw: Evga 790i FTW, SLI Evga GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 4GB RAM Core2Duo E8400 (parted out, gone)
New rig 8th Generation i7 8700k with GTX 2080ti upgraded from GTX 670 4GB and 64gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB ddr4, some NVME drives and and a couple 480GB SATA III ssds.  Evga 7" Tegra Nvidia quadcore tablet.  Evga Z10 Keyboard

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/21 23:26:03 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Yea I only tend to speed or do stupid driving on this one road out in the desert. I'm not putting anyone in danger and there are never cops out there.

I honestly can't believe all your grown ass men are acting like little kids on the playground. It honestly looks sad when I come in here and watch you guys fight over the same thing for 10+ pages. Let people believe what they want and MOVE ON.

Yup! I like your recent comment on how you said that some people just cant appreciate with what they have. And with that said thats why those who are materialistic do not appreciate with what they have, will be debt slaves for the rest of their lives. But from this bickering that is going on, I see things happen a lot in the gun culture. Many fanboys tend to get upset when they are factually wrong and then they bicker by trying to justify and protect their purchases even though they have a horrible weapons system.

Hey Rush have you thought about some AEM brakes or Wilwoods? By the way you should take your CATs out so you can annoy more people on the road and have even a sexier growl.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 01:38:38 (permalink)
HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
Baltothewolf
Yea I only tend to speed or do stupid driving on this one road out in the desert. I'm not putting anyone in danger and there are never cops out there.

I honestly can't believe all your grown ass men are acting like little kids on the playground. It honestly looks sad when I come in here and watch you guys fight over the same thing for 10+ pages. Let people believe what they want and MOVE ON.

Yup! I like your recent comment on how you said that some people just cant appreciate with what they have. And with that said thats why those who are materialistic do not appreciate with what they have, will be debt slaves for the rest of their lives. But from this bickering that is going on, I see things happen a lot in the gun culture. Many fanboys tend to get upset when they are factually wrong and then they bicker by trying to justify and protect their purchases even though they have a horrible weapons system.

Hey Rush have you thought about some AEM brakes or Wilwoods? By the way you should take your CATs out so you can annoy more people on the road and have even a sexier growl.

At least I'm not the only one that sees it. Thanks for the support.

Wilwood brakes are freaking AMAZING. My buddy I get all my parts through just picked up a Mustang with Wilwood brakes and put them on his car (the one I drove), I can't honestly believe how much more superior they are over what he had, and they make the brakes on my stang look like a freaking JOKE. I was doing like 75 and cannot believe how FAST I was able to stop. Provided this guy also has super sticky tires, but still, holy crap....

[Edit]: forgot to mention, the brake setup is worth 4k.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 03:35:00 (permalink)
Grey_Beard
RushXTC
Grey_Beard

How much more is necessary to get the car back into shape?  Are you still driving it?  Did you add it to the policy yet, as you may have to show it fixed before you do?

I'm not 100% Sure how much it's going to cost me overall, Yes, I'm currently driving it. I just got a no insurance ticket last night (They stopped me to check my tags, Which they also gave me a ticket for not having any even though I told them I just bought the car, They said it shows that they were issued already)

I'll go get it fixed. I can't add it to the policy because they want pictures of the car.

Darn Rush, you gotta stop getting tickets. Put the car in the garage. If you do not, you'll continue to take money that could go toward the car and give it to the city. I like my money too much. I had a bunch of tickets over the years. I got tired of the higher insurance and in giving my money to whatever city was ticketing me, so I slowed down. I got two here lately being inpatient and running late to a golf tee time (of all freaking things) and hated to spend that money. Even had to do the freaking defensive driving on-line course. What a joke that was.

I have a feeling it won't be his last ticket this year. He needs to park it until it's fixed, tagged and has full coverage on it. I bet he will be looking at new rear tires within a month.
whiskers54
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1688
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 04:29:17 (permalink)

Quote:
"But hey man, at least it wasn't your fault and you drive safe."

DStith,

The front end damage occurred to Rush's car when Rush hit the car ahead of him.

Baltothewolf
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3762
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 13:42:45 (permalink)
Guys, since we have been discussing brakes and stuff, what's the best way to brake at high speeds? Holding the brake pedal at a fixed position, or applying heavily and letting up as you slow down? I'm trying not to destroy my new brakes but, some advice would be nice.

My Laptop (GE63VR-7RF):
-7700HQ.
-16GB RAM.
-GTX 1070.
-128GB SSD.
-1X 1TB 7200 spinny drive.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 7192
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 13:49:40 (permalink)
Baltothewolf
Guys, since we have been discussing brakes and stuff, what's the best way to brake at high speeds? Holding the brake pedal at a fixed position, or applying heavily and letting up as you slow down? I'm trying not to destroy my new brakes but, some advice would be nice.

If you're trying to brake in an emergency, Why would you let off the brakes?

Holding them. Even if that means they get hot, Releasing them and pressing them again is the last thing that'll be on your mind.

i9-12900ks @ | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA

Grey_Beard
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2233
  • Ribbons : 10
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 13:53:16 (permalink)
RushXTC
Baltothewolf

If you're trying to brake in an emergency, Why would you let off the brakes?

Holding them. Even if that means they get hot, Releasing them and pressing them again is the last thing that'll be on your mind.

Depends of your brakes.  If they are ABS (anti locking brakes) then you mash them or hold them steady.  If you have older brakes, then you pump them.   The force you use in either situation depends on the amount of distance you have to stop.  Shorter distance, the more pressure.

kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 15:11:30 (permalink)
Baltothewolf

Did you properly break them in? Always good to find a quiet road and make 6 to 10 successive near stops from about 40 mph using moderate pressure. When driving the car don't lightly drag the brakes coming to a stop....use moderate pressure and come to a complete stop. Without ABS in an emergency braking situation use steady pressure, DO NOT pump the brakes. If you start to lock up just modulate by realeasing some pressure on the pedal.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

Halo_003
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12859
  • Ribbons : 51
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 15:44:16 (permalink)
My McLaren will smoke anyone on here who hasn't posted 1/4 times. Why? Because it's just as hypothetical. Lol.

There, now that that's over, Rush, how are the repairs/insurance battles coming? I saw the other ticket post, that sucks. Any chance of fighting it?

i7 7700K - ASUS Maximus IX Apex - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3466MHz C16 - 5700 XT 50th Anniversary

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 15:49:18 (permalink)
Halo_003
My McLaren will smoke anyone on here who hasn't posted 1/4 times. Why? Because it's just as hypothetical. Lol.

There, now that that's over, Rush, how are the repairs/insurance battles coming? I saw the other ticket post, that sucks. Any chance of fighting it?

Insurance declined it, But tomorrow I pick up the parts (Hopefully) and By next week the car should be ready.

That same day, Earlier I received the letter of denial of coverage, So I'm taking it with me to court to see if I can get the no proof of insurance dropped, The plates one is a smack to myself though, I told him I just bought the car, So maybe they just barely mailed them in... He even saw I had the permit on the windshield, But he still gave me the ticket for that. -_-.

He did however save me from losing my license, He talked to me about how he heard me coming fast (Loud exhaust) I told him the exhaust is just loud, But he was still going to give me a ticket for speeding through a "Guesstimate of +10 MPH over the speed limit) and I told him "Thanks, Over a guesstimate I just lost my license" and he ended up just giving me a warning for that (I wasn't speeding. I told him I learned my lesson the time I ran from the cops, Which he asked me about 'cause it shows up lol)

kram36
The Destroyer
  • Total Posts : 21477
  • Ribbons : 72
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 18:14:23 (permalink)
RushXTC
Halo_003

Insurance declined it, But tomorrow I pick up the parts (Hopefully) and By next week the car should be ready.

That same day, Earlier I received the letter of denial of coverage, So I'm taking it with me to court to see if I can get the no proof of insurance dropped, The plates one is a smack to myself though, I told him I just bought the car, So maybe they just barely mailed them in... He even saw I had the permit on the windshield, But he still gave me the ticket for that. -_-.

He did however save me from losing my license, He talked to me about how he heard me coming fast (Loud exhaust) I told him the exhaust is just loud, But he was still going to give me a ticket for speeding through a "Guesstimate of +10 MPH over the speed limit) and I told him "Thanks, Over a guesstimate I just lost my license" and he ended up just giving me a warning for that (I wasn't speeding. I told him I learned my lesson the time I ran from the cops, Which he asked me about 'cause it shows up lol)

How is your car not on insurance now? Driving a car without insurance well get you're license revoke. Showing up with proof you didn't have insurance because of the denial letter will prove even more you knew you were driving without insurance.
kaninja
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8755
  • Ribbons : 25
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 18:17:15 (permalink)
kram36
How is your car not on insurance now? Driving a car without insurance well get you're license revoke. Showing up with proof you didn't have insurance because of the denial letter will prove even more you knew you were driving without insurance.

Yeah, I can't understand it.

Corsair 650D   -  i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz  -  Corsair H80i  -  MSI Z77 M-Power  -  16GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator Platinum
WD 1TB Caviar Black x2  -  OCZ 120GB Vertex2 SSD  -  Corsair HX620  -  GTX285 SSC  -  Samsung T240  -  DIR-655

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 18:21:44 (permalink)
It says in the denial letter that they are covering the other person, But not me. That's like if I had liability, which is enough in the state of California.

The only reason it's mandatory is because the bank owns it and requires it.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 18:46:45 (permalink)
RushXTC
It says in the denial letter that they are covering the other person, But not me. That's like if I had liability, which is enough in the state of California.

Did your car have insurance at the time you were stopped? Does your car currently have insurance right now?
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 19:58:24 (permalink)
kram36
RushXTC

Did your car have insurance at the time you were stopped? Does your car currently have insurance right now?

My car is not in my policy at the moment, I am not driving it anymore for a bit, until the parts get here and I can fix it.

The policy is however still active and offers coverage to the other party, As stated before.

BF3PRO
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3797
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/22 20:11:13 (permalink)
In NC I had 30 days to add it... I guess it goes by state... Also, My coverage transfers to any vehicle I'm operating...

My Affiliate Code: OEESSSDNZV

DStith
Superclocked Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/23 00:29:58 (permalink)
RushXTC
Halo_003

Man, I had some clown on the other street thinking I was coming too fast around a corner from a stop with my factory exhaust.  Dude seriously jumped out of his car and waved his hands around like he was flagging me down. I was doing about 28 in a 25 zone.  Most people in my area do 30 in 25 zones, I try to keep it under 30 and I stop for cats, kids, etc all the time.

How can he ticket you for anything, I thought you said the other driver was at fault. Also if you don't have plates yet, you can't get a ticket for that, that would be stupid.  It takes some time to get plates shipped to you.  Shoot, even the Jaguar down the street from me has been around for a while now and doesn't have plates yet.  He has to show proof that you were speeding too.  If he doesn't have a print out from radar / laser, then I don't see how he can actually expect you to be liable for a speeding ticket.  Last time I got pulled over and the police said I was speeding, I looked at him and said "huh?".  I didn't get a ticket.

Old rig, ftw: Evga 790i FTW, SLI Evga GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked 4GB RAM Core2Duo E8400 (parted out, gone)
New rig 8th Generation i7 8700k with GTX 2080ti upgraded from GTX 670 4GB and 64gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB ddr4, some NVME drives and and a couple 480GB SATA III ssds.  Evga 7" Tegra Nvidia quadcore tablet.  Evga Z10 Keyboard

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/23 01:16:22 (permalink)
The funny part is, I was coming from a street that was going towards the main street, There's a barrier between the main street and that street, separated by another street... I was heading TOWARDS them while they were
          *Cop* facing >>>>
-----------------------
-----------------------
         *Street*
-----------------------
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |

^^
   Me heading upwards

So how are they able to guesstimate my speed like THAT? in the middle of the night, With my headlights on and everything, Like they can tell how fast the light is travelling? or wth?

HAZMAN_THE_GREAT
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4805
  • Ribbons : 7
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/23 02:34:29 (permalink)
RushXTC
The funny part is, I was coming from a street that was going towards the main street, There's a barrier between the main street and that street, separated by another street... I was heading TOWARDS them while they were
          *Cop* facing >>>>
-----------------------
-----------------------
         *Street*
-----------------------
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |

^^
   Me heading upwards

So how are they able to guesstimate my speed like THAT? in the middle of the night, With my headlights on and everything, Like they can tell how fast the light is travelling? or wth?

Well in order for police to get a reading how fast your going from radar(K and KA band) or laser they have to scan the front or the back of your car. So apparently from your diagram you were facing the police car so maybe thats how they got a reading? But then again you can argue that the idiot officer said guesstimating so that in itself defeats his whole purpose of prosecution legitimacy against you for speeding.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/23 03:49:05 (permalink)
RushXTC
kram36
RushXTC

My car is not in my policy at the moment, I am not driving it anymore for a bit, until the parts get here and I can fix it.

The policy is however still active and offers coverage to the other party, As stated before.

You should get something from your insurance company in writing showing at that time you were covered.

RushXTC
          *Cop* facing >>>>
-----------------------
-----------------------
         *Street*
-----------------------
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |
         |           |

^^
   Me heading upwards

They can not guesstimate your speed. On the ticket is there is a spot they have to mark showing how they got your speed. There is not a guesstimate box for them to check off on. He said by the sound he guesstimated your speed. That means he did not actually have a visual on you and a cop can not write you a ticket if he did not see you break the law.
DStith
Superclocked Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/24 00:11:45 (permalink)
Baltothewolf

If you have ABS, you're suppose to just hold the brake down and the computer system will take care of the rest for you.  You let up as you slow down if you know you aren't in danger of colliding with anything anyway.   Your best bet is to avoid having to do this at high speeds because yes, if you hold it down hard your car will screech and slide.  The ABS should help but the physics of rubber contacting pavement isn't exactly controlled 100% by the ABS system in a car.

My project car doesn't have ABS and if I come to a stop too quickly, the car will just sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.  Sounds fun?  Well, it isn't.  It is cool though as long as there isn't cross traffic.  You just don't know if the car is really going to stop sliding without the ABS.

mistermister
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5804
  • Ribbons : 13
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/24 08:25:27 (permalink)
kram36

That means he did not actually have a visual on you and a cop can not isn't supposed to write you a ticket if he did not see you break the law.

Fixed. 

AMD 3700x / X-570 Aorus Ultra / RTX-3090 FTW3
JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/24 14:34:09 (permalink)
mistermister
kram36

That means he did not actually have a visual on you and a cop can not isn't supposed to write you a ticket if he did not see you break the law.

Fixed. 

They are NOT supposed to, But that does not stop them.

That's completely true, However LAPD messes with you if they see something they don't like. *Cough* like hanging out with people who usually do bad things *Cough* you know, Because they can't touch those people, They mess with us. (I'm not saying I don't do my fair share, Because I obviously do, But they still mess with me a lot over nothing... I get dirty looks just driving around)

RobertD92
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 109
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/24 19:03:35 (permalink)
Get a beater for now then go by the 6th gen camaro ss next year.
Or a 2015 ss now lol

http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=81217

i7 4790k
AsRock Fatal1ty Z97M Killer
Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 2x8Gb
PowerColor R9 290 4GB PCS+
Evga Supernova NEX650G
Crucial M500 960 Gb
Corsair 350D
Corsair H100i
Corsair SP120 Fans
NZXT Sentry Mix 2
MSim
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 14686
  • Ribbons : 38
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/24 20:21:21 (permalink)
RushXTC
They are NOT supposed to, But that does not stop them.

That's completely true, However LAPD messes with you if they see something they don't like. *Cough* like hanging out with people who usually do bad things *Cough* you know, Because they can't touch those people, They mess with us. (I'm not saying I don't do my fair share, Because I obviously do, But they still mess with me a lot over nothing... I get dirty looks just driving around)

Some cops will mess with you if anyone in a group you hang out with causes them to do extra work. I received a $65 ticket for not turning on my headlights while backing out a friends driveway after 2am. Soon as i was facing away from neighbors windows, i turned my headlights on (i only had my parking lights on). Prick cops just wanted to get me from something to send a message.  (this was years ago)

I think that is why i get a kick out of watching cop block type videos on youtube.
post edited by MSim - 2015/02/24 20:22:55
DStith
Superclocked Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/24 23:59:47 (permalink)
RobertD92
Or a 2015 ss now lol

A camaro... lmao...

Seriously I'd be more inclined to look at a WRX.  I see Camaros all over the place and on a bunch of TV commercials... meh.  looks like a cartoon car, as my dad even says.

JGLuxe
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/25 00:06:44 (permalink)
Nah, I only own Mustangs! =P

Then there was this one, But.... Idk what I was thinking, Although I did like it.

kram36
The Destroyer
Re: And that's the end of it! 2015/02/25 04:45:50 (permalink)
RobertD92
Or a 2015 ss now lol

Agreed!

Awesome.

LOL

Page: << < ..1112131415.. > >> Showing page 11 of 21
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile