EVGA

1070FTW Slave Bios White checkboard on bootup.

Author
Guest007
  • Total Posts : 16
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2016/10/21 16:30:01 (permalink)
I tried doing a few searches, but it yielded "nothing" - So it's time for my first post 

I updated my master bios from 86.94.26.00.70 (I suspect the 94 is a typo on my part - It's a C/P from my backup rom) to the current one on the mainpage.
After the update was done, the computer seemed a bit sluggish but I assumed it was due to the update procedure.
I did a quick reboot, I let it open the few startup programs I have and since it seemed fine again I shut it down to switch to the Slave bios for the first time.

As I recall it (omg, this memory.. it happened less than 15min ago ) it showed the initial bootup splash screen, but after a few moments it produced the White Checkboard.
The computer rebooted itself and seems to have fixed the "problem" without me doing anything.
I didn't run any custom profiles or OC on the Master Bios, and since I hadn't used the Slave bios prior to now, I haven't messed with those settings either.
I did read most of the comments in the Bios update thread which is where I got the word white checkboard from. But it seems that those who encountered it had been tinkering with OC's, so I don't get it.

If anyone has any ideas as to what/why it happened, I'll be glad to hear from you :)
Also; I haven't updated my Slave Bios yet and it shows up as using 86.04.26.01.70 (as I suspected).

If I missed any info, please let me know.
Thanks in advance.

3 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: 1070FTW Slave Bios White checkboard on bootup. 2016/10/21 17:03:05 (permalink)
    Guest007
    I tried doing a few searches, but it yielded "nothing" - So it's time for my first post 

I updated my master bios from 86.94.26.00.70 (I suspect the 94 is a typo on my part - It's a C/P from my backup rom) to the current one on the mainpage.
    After the update was done, the computer seemed a bit sluggish but I assumed it was due to the update procedure.
    I did a quick reboot, I let it open the few startup programs I have and since it seemed fine again I shut it down to switch to the Slave bios for the first time.

As I recall it (omg, this memory.. it happened less than 15min ago ) it showed the initial bootup splash screen, but after a few moments it produced the White Checkboard.
    The computer rebooted itself and seems to have fixed the "problem" without me doing anything.
    I didn't run any custom profiles or OC on the Master Bios, and since I hadn't used the Slave bios prior to now, I haven't messed with those settings either.
    I did read most of the comments in the Bios update thread which is where I got the word white checkboard from. But it seems that those who encountered it had been tinkering with OC's, so I don't get it.

If anyone has any ideas as to what/why it happened, I'll be glad to hear from you :)
    Also; I haven't updated my Slave Bios yet and it shows up as using 86.04.26.01.70 (as I suspected).

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Update your slave BIOS would be my suggestion.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49168
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: 1070FTW Slave Bios White checkboard on bootup. 2016/10/21 17:06:30 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Guest007

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum. Update your slave BIOS would be my suggestion.

+1
    Guest007
    • Total Posts : 16
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 1070FTW Slave Bios White checkboard on bootup. 2016/10/21 17:08:06 (permalink)
    Thanks to both of you - Better safe than sorry 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile