EVGA

Hot!NVIDIA Advertises "Premium AI PC" Mocking the Compute Capability of Regular AI PCs

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102503
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 85
2024/05/02 23:49:51 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/322072/nvidia-advertises-premium-ai-pc-mocking-the-compute-capability-of-regular-ai-pcs

According to the report from BenchLife, NVIDIA has started the marketing campaign push for "Premium AI PC," squarely aimed at the industry's latest trend pushed by Intel, AMD, and Qualcomm for an "AI PC" system, which features a dedicated NPU for processing smaller models locally. NVIDIA's approach comes from a different point of view: every PC with an RTX GPU is a "Premium AI PC," which holds a lot of truth. Generally, GPUs (regardless of the manufacturer) hold more computing potential than the CPU and NPU combined. With NVIDIA's push to include Tensor cores in its GPUs, the company is preparing for next-generation software from vendors and OS providers that will harness the power of these powerful silicon pieces and embed more functionality in the PC.

At the Computex event in Taiwan, there should be more details about Premium AI PCs and general AI PCs. In its marketing materials, NVIDIA compares AI PCs to its Premium AI PCs, which have enhanced capabilities across various applications like image/video editing and upscaling, productivity, gaming, and developer applications. Another relevant selling point is the user base for these Premium AI PCs, which NVIDIA touts to be 100 million users. Those PCs support over 500 AI applications out of the box, highlighting the importance of proper software support. NVIDIA's systems are usually more powerful, with GeForce RTX GPUs reaching anywhere from 100-1300+ TOPS, compared to 40 TOPS of AI PCs. How other AI PC makers plan to fight in the AI PC era remains to be seen, but there is a high chance that this will be the spotlight of the upcoming Computex show.

Computex should have some interesting info I hope. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18964
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: NVIDIA Advertises "Premium AI PC" Mocking the Compute Capability of Regular AI PCs 2024/05/03 11:39:41 (permalink)

Fair enough. The PC GPU usually has way more computing power, so why not flaunt it? Many companies seems to be jumping on the 'AI' wagon lately, no matter how tenuous their link to it, at least NVidia has a legit case.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10116
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: NVIDIA Advertises "Premium AI PC" Mocking the Compute Capability of Regular AI PCs 2024/05/04 02:55:22 (permalink)
    Local AI will be a very good thing in the long run I feel as we move into an area of old photos and videos being stored digitally. If AI could take an old iPhone one video from 2008 and make it look like it was shot in 4K that would be amazing and AI can do a good job of upscaling video like that. It's also good at older stuff but that is harder to import for it to work on but a lot of people have tapes of things like their parents or grand parents they want to have restored digitally.

I also think local AI is good for situations in which people don't have internet but for a desktop PC it's pretty rare to see that really being a big issue. I can see a lot more uses for AI locally on a phone since it's a lot more likely to be somewhere without good reception like while hiking or camping.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile