Hot!EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad

Author
sparky001
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2024/04/30 04:28:57 (permalink)
Hey,

So basically long story short, started happening recently but had long term issues with PC. PC currently seems to be messed up, maybe botnet apparently? My ram usage was pretty high for idle and in game, my windows is very slow at doing any apps, on Sunday and Monday, my audio died then suddenly the whole pc froze, only thing I could do was turn off/on. Chrome still does this glitch, where part of chrome kinda blacks out for a second and then bad to normal?
Main annoyance is now ALL games im getting 30fps or below, taskmanger saying using GPU at 30%, ram was high due to friend suggesting dropping 2 of 4 rams sticks due to it being the same sticks but different production dates (bought months apart) to see if there was a compatability issue. Cpu was nearing its limit as well.
Hoping someone can at least point me in the right direction if I do have some sort of virus, messed up SSD/HDD or something else.
Thanks

PC spec:
Asus rog strix x399-e gaming
Threadripper 1950x
PNY 4x8GB 3200 ram (only got 2 in atm, but going to put other 2 back in soon)
EVGA 3090 FTW3

8 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31074
    • Ribbons : 123
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/04/30 07:13:04 (permalink)
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

OS?
    Is the OS up to date?

Nvidia Driver?
    Nvidia control panel setting at default or ???

What software is running in the background?

Room temp?

CPU Temp - under load & idle? / How is it cooled?

GPU Temp - under load & idle?

GPU-Z "sensor tab, while under a load"

Fans & Speeds ?

Have you run the Windows RAM checker?

1) Scan PC for malware - plenty of free tools from the main anti-malware companies (download the tool on a known clean PC, not the one with an issue)

2) Boot into Safe Mode & test your PC .... any better?

3) Try a restore point yet?

4) If not a hardware issue, do a OS repair

Learn about the limits on new accounts & how to work with them until your account has earned the privilege of posting links & pictures

new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

Older RIG projects RTX Project  Nibbler

sparky001
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/04/30 15:05:25 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Welcome to the EVGA Forums

OS?
    Is the OS up to date?

Nvidia Driver?
    Nvidia control panel setting at default or ???

What software is running in the background?

Room temp?

CPU Temp - under load & idle? / How is it cooled?

GPU Temp - under load & idle?

Fans & Speeds ?

Have you run the Windows RAM checker?

1) Scan PC for malware - plenty of free tools from the main anti-malware companies (download the tool on a known clean PC, not the one with an issue)

Learn about the limits on new accounts & how to work with them until your account has earned the privilege of posting links & pictures

new accounts

OS 
    In settings says up to date.

Nvidia driver
    I just updated again yesterday to make sure, still 30fps (Did the manual clean install which friend said to do instead of geforce experience)

Background
    Ones that I would run 100% most of the time are
    Microsoft defender antivirus, iCUE, Razer Synapse, steam, steelseries GG. I do have the EVGA precision X1 open most of the time, so that I can change fan speed for gaming and such.
    Theres a lot of others but unsure what they are, seem to be related to OS. Since I checked what 'Bonjour' was.

Room temp
    NZ, getting into winter normally even with heater maybe 20C (68F) area?

CPU temp
    Idle: 26C (79F)
    Gaming: 50C (122F) Not sure, since don't pay attention to it anymore since upgraded cooling and never had a problem. (will have to double check)
    Cooled by a proper threadripper cooler. Silverstone Icegem 240P

GPU temp (Hotspot)
    Idle: 50C (122F)
    Gaming: 70-95C (158-203F) Depends on game, will put fan speed to 50 or 65. More intense, put 65 and temps max out 95 when really pushing it but then comes down to like 80 area when not intense situation.

Not sure, I do have a CPU-z but not gpu?

Fan speed
    Auto. Gaming either 50 or 65

I have bitdefender and full system scan said nothing

Should try that later once when I reinstall other ram sticks 

not sure?

We have reinstalled windows twice, transfer most accessible files from my drives, and transfered back after clean windows install. Solved some other issues with windows taskbar crashing etc but others remained.
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49187
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/04/30 23:20:08 (permalink)
    Have you tested your gpu in another computer to see if the low fps will follow the graphics card to another pc?
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102473
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/05/01 00:13:28 (permalink)
    Reinstall your motherboard chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

sparky001
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/05/01 02:31:45 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Have you tested your gpu in another computer to see if the low fps will follow the graphics card to another pc?

No I bought this GPU about 1-1.5 years ago from the friend, he has a bunch and this one specifically was from the PC his mother used to watch her tv shows... Yes I know its overkill 
    sparky001
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/05/01 18:01:48 (permalink)
    Found two things which may be related? But I don't remember having all these problems with it, just some minor ones.
    asically saying earlier zen arch had memory issues? 

Talking about ram sticks themselves. 
    "compatible", as in, it has been validated at both JEDEC and XMP speeds WITH the exact board you are intending to use.
    Is there a way to find out if the PNY sticks I have is valid? Does ask about if bought individually, which mine were. Bought maybe a couple months apart, but same sticks.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102473
    • Ribbons : 85
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/05/01 23:37:25 (permalink)
    sparky001
    Found two things which may be related? But I don't remember having all these problems with it, just some minor ones.
    asically saying earlier zen arch had memory issues? 

Talking about ram sticks themselves. 
    "compatible", as in, it has been validated at both JEDEC and XMP speeds WITH the exact board you are intending to use.
    Is there a way to find out if the PNY sticks I have is valid? Does ask about if bought individually, which mine were. Bought maybe a couple months apart, but same sticks.

You can always try one stick of ram to see how your system reacts. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49187
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ultra, pc running at 30fps and overall seems bad 2024/05/02 00:20:26 (permalink)
    sparky001
    Sajin

No I bought this GPU about 1-1.5 years ago from the friend, he has a bunch and this one specifically was from the PC his mother used to watch her tv shows... Yes I know its overkill 

I'm going to suggest you do what I said first. This will tell us if it's a problem with your gpu, or a problem with your computer.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile