EVGA

unlock the classified tool to be functional with the RTX 2080 non a as well?

Author
Maxavelli
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2019/08/09 08:24:46 (permalink)
Hi TiN. I recently decided to remove power limit on my RTX 2080 (non a, unfortunately due to lack of monetary resources) and I got a noticeable more even performance. I did this by soldering a small bridge on one of the 5mOhm resistors which made the card register a max power draw of 86% so it work just as I hoped. Getting better 3DMark score than I was able to reach before. HOWEVER now I hit the voltage limit instead which bugs me of course. Im able to keep my card at a 60C when heat soaked. Your classified tool doesn’t work with my card which I’m sure is because it’s intended for the KP cards. But I was aware of the risk of soldering on my card and I willingly took that risk. And seeing that I truly love pushing my rig to the max OC:ing every component possible I would really really appreciate if you could perhaps unlock the classified tool to be functional with the RTX 2080 non a as well? I know this might be a big ask but I don’t have deep enough pockets to get a KP card but I do want to see how far I can push my own card. Just with the shunt mod I’ve been able to go from a +780MHz to +1200MHz on memory so it seems to me that with proper power, voltage control as well as keeping temps reasonable I should be able to get more out of my card. Now it Maxes out at 2025MHz with max voltage jumping between 1.044-1.050 at 60C on a warm day. If I raise my boost clock any higher it crashes. If you could help me out please hit me up on my email maxolindberg@hotmail.com if your not inclined to post the classified tool unrestricted, if you have the time and care to help a fellow out that is. Thanks 🙏🙌🤞

2 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30991
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: unlock the classified tool to be functional with the RTX 2080 non a as well? 2019/08/09 09:03:00 (permalink)
    Moved your post to your own thread

totally different PCB & power layout ---> Unlikely to happen - would probably have to totally rewrite

Remember to Use the space bar ---> that is a wall of text you posted & it is hard to read

GL on your OC  adventure

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

TiN_EE
    Yes, that TiN
    • Total Posts : 377
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: unlock the classified tool to be functional with the RTX 2080 non a as well? 2019/08/09 09:20:19 (permalink)
    That would not be possible for multiple reasons. On positive side - voltage unlikely to help with OC on air.

If you have question, please post in public forum. I do not reply PMs, so all in community can benefit the answer. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile