Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 25794
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 110
2010/12/09 11:01:29 (permalink)
Disclaimer; "This thread is of my own and does not represent the opinion(s) that may or may not exist with EVGA in any way unless otherwise posted by a representative of EVGA. And should only be viewed as a personal opinion. I blame all spelling errors on Microsoft and lack of proper grammar on my lack of sleep during college . Editing can and will happen as well."

Below this first post you will find two more. One with tips and tricks the other with an inexpensive idea given to my by a few fellow EVGA members

A little background... I am 6'2" and about 225lbs... And game about 40 hours a week. Literally. I am a business owner, husband and father. And building systems and gaming are my "Hobbies" that allow me to re-leave my stresses in life at different hours as the schedule allows. Not to mention my addiction to the forums (Link) <<< And if you know me you will not click that link

One day I realized that my then desk was needing to be replaced. This got me started on looking around for a new desk. Keep in mind I am not one that purchases cheaply made stuff. The purchasing power of my $$ always goes towards items I will get significant use out of with minimal or no failures. This search went on for about six months. Then one day a fellow member here posted a Cockpit costing $7000 and it got me thinking...

As this thread kept growing and my "Bing/Google" searches kept going I came across three cockpits for under $1000. I will not name the other two in all fairness to them, I found flaws in how they did theirs vs. what I wanted. So I set my sights on the Obutto setup as the one I will get at some point down the road.

This decision to get a Cockpit instead of a desk was simple. I have desks everywhere, and this cockpit system is about the same price as the office type desk I was considering to buy.

Then it came down to this... If I am going to continue to game, maybe it is time to get serious about it. As this thought was tossed around in my mind for a few weeks I realized something. I was tired of the PC game producing companies selling me Console ported games. Not to mention that it seems the offer three or four games hyped to be the end all of all games, only to find two of them are (To be nice) $15 games not the $60 they charge and them I find one of them to be one I am "Willing" to play. And to be clearer on this. Counter Strike is still my all time favorite, and when it came out, it very much so changed the landscape of gaming. And this is what I look for. Not the same thing as the last game with new monsters/bad guys and maps. The next game that I think was a game changer was Crysis. Again just my opinion. YOMV...

Anyway with this realization I concluded that I need to try SIM and other racing type games. Having never tried them this was a risk of course. But I figured instead of waiting six months for the next "Console" ported game I can play the games I like and then once done I can switch to racing. As a result I purchased the inexpensive Logitech Driving Force GT kit and this Obutto Cockpit, Triple screen mount and Shelf.

Brass tax time....

Obutto offers up a budget minded cockpit solution. To me budgets are like opinions. All over the place. So for a fair target let's say a complete cockpit, tax shipping and all under $650 is a budget minded setup and anything over that is more of personal preference or need. To be clear, when I speak of the system I am not including wheels, peddles or joysticks. Just the seat, frame, keyboard/mouse and monitor(s) mounts. The reason for me picking the $650 amount as a budget minded target is quiet simple. Building my own of similar quality would cost about that and more if I paid myself for my time. Another way to look at it... Most single high-end GPUs are in that price range and most Crossfire/SLI mid-ranged cards are in that price range as well. To use myself as an example. I am skipping this new set of released cards and chose to purchase this cockpit with those funds that I would have originally spent on new GPU(s). So again, you idea of a budget minded cockpit may not align with mine.

The Seat

Cons
I find the seat to be a tad tight on my thighs, and plan to find a wider seat once I wear this one out.

Pros
The adjustment abilities of the seat is very similar to most sport cars. You can actually lay the back flat (For those wookies out there) and all good amount forward. Add to that the forward/backward adjustability of the seat all but guarantees a person to find the sweet spot for any type of game play.

It is comfortable. Surprisingly this seat is of better quality that I thought it would be. In my opinion it is near Automotive quality. But this will only be truly known after a few years of use. 

Keep in mind, that after final assembly that your bottom is only about 9" from the ground. So you sit far lower than any desk chair! Very Sports Car like feel, and I like that!

The Frame

Cons
None

Pros
It is quite clear the engineers did their homework on this and are listening to their clients (Buyers). And as a result have continued to make tweaks and adjustments as each batch of cockpits are built.

It is quite strong and I have no problem moving this system from one room to another to play Console Games on the big screen, and then back again for the PC Triple monitor setup.

The Single Monitor mount

Cons
None.

Pros
Adjustability, strength, and the fact that we can remove it with such ease. I mounted an LG 42" LED LCD and the frame responded as if it was a much smaller TV. I could not be happier with the mount.

Keyboard/Mouse tray

Cons
If there are any gripes from me it is the Keyboard/Mouse arm. I do not like how they rely on the "Paint" and square tubing to maintain the integrity/consistency of resistance. for the forward/backward movement. I am 95% certain after about a year of use this will be like a well greased part and slide all over the place. That said I have a plan (See tips below) for this.

Additionally I do not like the simple Knob/bolt setup to lock and adjust the height of the keyboard/mouse assembly. In just a few short hours of trying different game types and setup I marked the paint all up and can see that the paint very well may come off after extended use. Not to mention the hassle of having to loosen and re-tightening as I adjust during game play. (I have an idea on this, but need to work it  through first before I say anything)

Pros

The Keyboard tray itself is actually very impressive. I like the "Gripping" material they use and that every keyboard and mouse combination I have ever used fits perfectly and is fully usable.

Even though I do not like the Arm assembly/design, I am a fan of the thinking/design behind it. Being able to swing it out is rather convenient.

Steering Wheel/ Peddle mount

Cons
No tilt for the Steering Wheel.

Pros
To be brutally honest, I find the way they did it to be as good as it can get considering how all the rest of this system comes together. A total re-design would need to take place for any changes really. That said... I really do like the adjustability of the telescoping feature, but would love a tilt as well. The Peddles have two positions and is rather easy to find what works for personal needs.

Optional items....

Triple Monitor Mount

Cons
Instructions are OK. But not clear. Again they are great for a "Refresher" not the first time assembler.

Almost need a third hand to start mounting them. So take your time.

Pros
Where to begin! The kit is very strong and the only limits it has is the size of monitors it will hold. Because each monitor seems to not be of the same size, I will not comment on the sizes that may fit. But I can tell you that my ASUS VW266H's (25.5" units) fit perfectly and the back supporting brackets have another 4" of horizontal room to go bigger. The back frame itself is at the limits with my monitors if a person wants to stay inside the rectangle shaped frame, but the back brackets allow for farther expansion.

Well thought out and very user friendly.

Shelf

Cons
The cost seems excessive to me. An old top to a desk, or a run to the Big Box Store for a think plastic counter top cut to your wants would work just fine vs. the expense for this unit.

No installation instructions

Pros
It is rather sexy looking and complements the setup.

A very nice place for my beverages, headset when not in use and snacks. (Or my bobble-head Hulla girl )

Overall

Cons
The assembly instructions are pathetic. They are perfect for someone who has built 5-6 units, not for someone who has never assembled on before.

As mentioned above I am personally not happy with the Keyboard/Mouse arm assembly and setup.

Shipping cost. Personally I think the shipping cost does cost them sales.

The bolts, screws, washers, lock washers and nuts have the good old "Made in China" oil and it gets EVERYWHERE. Have hand cleaner, paper towels and an awareness of this fact during assembly.

Pros
Flat out this Obutto Cockpit is a pure win. As a whole get's an eight out of ten in the price range I spoke of earlier. To be clear, I see this kit as actually being four kits in one...

1. Racing
  2. FPS, RPG and the likes
  3. Console friendly (And frankly I am disappointed they do not highlight this fact more. This is one serious contender for the Console junkies that can never get enough)  
  4. Everyday use. Heck even my wife uses this on a daily basis now. And she has a new desk and chair purchased the same week!
The actual gaming experience of the Obutto system is impossible to express in words. This is one that you must try to be in any position to understand.  I can say this. If these units went to 100 homes for testing, at 90% of those homes you would have a pretty big fight on your hands to get them back. Is this kit a game changer? No. What the Obutto Cockpit is though, as a component that allows you to finally experience your type of gaming the way it was meant to be. Again, nothing but pure win in my mind...

Other
When you sit in this for the first time there is a good chance that you will feel overwhelmed by how close the screen(s) are to you. You end up being about 12" or so closer than a standard desk. You will get used to it rather quickly. Not to mention if in fact Surround or Eyefinity is how your setup is, the feeling of submersion is very real.
post edited by Afterburner - 2010/12/09 16:25:59

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/09 11:01:39 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
So this is just some assembly tips, items I did to make it a bit cleaner for my taste and on tip I will be doing later on.

So your Keyboard and Mouse wires do not lay on your legs or get tangled in your feet I used some simple Zip Tie mounts under the Keyboard/Mouse tray, and Zip Ties throughout where I felt they needed to be. Keep in mind I also left the Zip Ties on the Tray loose so I can run the USB connector through if for any reason I make a mouse or Keyboard change. I do not have to cut and re Zip anything this way.

Obutto Left K...d Closeup

Next is more of an FYI. Obutto really wants this kit to show up to your doorstep in top condition. SO have a garbage back, a cold drink and bout 20 minutes of time set aside for just un-boxing and unwrapping all the bubble wrap. They rapped it around and around, and around, and around, and....

Next is another tip... I Zip Tied a heavy duty power strip to the back of one of the outer monitors brackets. This eliminates two cords that would normally be leaving the back of this system and helps cleanup. Not to mention I always seem to be needing just one more plug in on my UPS after switching to Triple Monitors, and this helps eliminate that issue.

Obutto Wire C..er Closeup

Next is another Assembly tip. Please only mount the middle monitor if you are going to a triple monitor setup until the rest of the kit is assembled. This not only makes the assembly easier, but it is a lot easier to balance one monitor to level than three (Third pic)! Additionally please not the following... Obutto did design this kit to have the monitor(s) lean just a little bit towards you (This is according to Obutto themselves) to allow for a user experience that makes the user feel more a bit more natural with the monitors so to speak. Mine lean about 3/4" of an inch at the top for example.

One other tip on this... To help figure out how high to position your monitor(s)... You want the center of the monitor in your line of sight. Any lower or higher will not allow for a natural feel. If anything just a tad high is perfect for the leaning effect.

Lastly... Two items in regards to the mounting of the two outer monitors. As mentioned before the instructions overall for the Obutto kit is pathetic. I have other words for it, but I digress... The plate(s) that mount to the back of the monitors themselves, you want to have the elbow (90 degree flange) at the bottom inside of the frame (see first pic below).  and of you cannot get the outer monitors to align with the center, a simple flipping of the main outer bracket(s) will fix this. (second pic)

Obutto Left r...installed

Next is the table top (Or shelf as I call it). This has no instructions at all. According to Obutto we can either use the Steering Wheel mount to hold the shelf or double sided velcro. I am using the Sterring Wheel idea and it works perfectly fine.

Next is a small tip that I plan on doing and will add pics to better explain this when I do. I will do my best to explain it and give links to the item I am speaking of...

I am serious as I can be on this. I only find two items that I am going to improve my unit with. On is simple and cheap! The other requires finding the correct combination of parts to make it a reasonable change that is worth the effort.

Like I said before, both changes are in regards to the Keyboard/Mouse supporting bracket assembly.

Here is the first cheap and easy fix...

A simple Cam Clamp setup. This allows for far better user friendliness and fine tuning possibilities are endless for the forward/backward movement of the keyboard tray on the mounting assembly. Here are two examples (I own 8 of the Rockler versions and will be using it)
http://www.eagleamerica.com/product/416-2100/clamps
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10602&filter=cam

Specifically on the square tube welded to the Keyboard tray... I would drill One hole on the out most side (on both left and right outside parts) of each square tube in the middle, one inch from the end where the supporting bracket slides into this tube.

For the supporting assembly that slides into the Keyboard tube that now has the one hole in it I would then plasma cut 1/3 of the outmost side (West) of this tube to allow for the head of the Cam Clamp to move in.

Now the Supporting bracket would have to be trimmed on opposite sides to allow for ambidextrous mounting like you already have. Or cut both sides, as most of it will be inside the Keyboard tray as it is...

One thing that is really impossible to put a price on is how fast, clear and helpful the folks at Obutto have been. I sent a handful of emails during my fist two days with this system and am beyond pleased with all the help I received. They have no idea I was going to do this review, I paid for this kit 100% and bought it for my use as expressed above. So I see no reason what so ever that all of you would not get the same level of service as long as they maintain the current customer support structure.

Additionally, I know for a fact that they listen to the buyers of this product. I have seen a few of the changes they made just in the last few months. And I can speak from my own experience with one of the engineers that has been in communication with me this week. I did not ask if I could or could not repeat what I now know. Be rest assured that they listen, and changes will be coming in a very short time.
post edited by Afterburner - 2010/12/09 21:29:13

Attached Image(s)

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/09 11:01:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
Well folks today what we have is simply a black Backdrop for a Gaming Cockpit.

What does it do you may ask? Simply put, it helps focus all of the attention to the monitor(s) in use. Not to mention is really sets things off!

Over the past few weeks I was "Nudged" to put a backdrop behind my TRI Screen setup. And when I purchased the Cockpit lets just say that turned to almost a demand... lol...

What I decided to do was a simply "How I did it" for a reference point. I did this with the thought of "CHEAP", but functional and truly usable. Did I mention cheap? How cheap? Well of course your actual cost will vary for various reasons. But this project cost me a whopping $20 (Including tax mind you)  for the fabric (Black Felt) and $13.40 for the 10' MDF "Molding" (Purchased because of the ability to have flexibility) and two sets of Corner braces. One set I ended up not needing. I used screws and odds and ends from my supply in the garage. So if you do not have any of those that can add cost. But for me the final cost was...

$30.00!!!!

Anyway here we go...

Before...

After...

Part receipts...

How I did the Center Brackets. There are two, only showing the one here...

20" for far center corner. Pretty tight bend!!...

How I kept this in the air so I could drill the needed holes in the wall and the Board...

This is the finished mount for the MDF Board that is now ready for the Felt to be Stapled to it. One comment on the staples. I started with 1/2" staples, and switched to 5/16".

Now what you see here takes a little explaining. The finished product you see is three 72" wide felts that I made look like one continuous length. To hide the Staples, I placed where I wanted the fabric to be... Pulled it to the right... And stapled the back side on the fold I just made. So when I pulled the fabric back from the right to the left. This creates the crease and give the "Wavy" look. Then I took an item that was the size of my desired width for each fold (Red stud finder) and repeated the fold (Pic shows before folding fabric back and over the red Stud finder, then Stapling at the end of the fold), staple, fold process over and over. Now when I came to the end of one fabric, I simply just stapled it flat to the board (About 8")(While still leaving a wave) and simply started the new felt right on top to keep the pattern going...

Ran out... Time for another piece of fabric...

There you go! Simple, cheap and effective! I hope this helps at least one person

post edited by Afterburner - 2010/12/09 16:11:58

Tweaked
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 10630
  • Ribbons : 29
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/09 11:11:10 (permalink)
Awesome man, can't wait for the pics.

EVGA DG-77/ EVGA 750 G2/ Gigabyte B450/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600/ 16gb Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/ RTX-2080 XC/ Dell S2716DG / Windows 11 64
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/09 21:36:10 (permalink)
Updated

SAMCRO-FTW
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 554
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/09 21:38:53 (permalink)
Sweet! Much <3 for the black back drop.
owcraftsman
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4754
  • Ribbons : 60
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/11 13:08:07 (permalink)
Totally amazing AB this was a great review thanks for sharing it and all the pics.

AB in 2012 the next step.

post edited by owcraftsman - 2010/12/11 13:11:26

5800X3D | ROG Crosshair VIII Hero w/EK-Q-M-Full | Trident Z Neo 4x8 3600 C16 | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra w/EK-QV2-ABP +150 CC/+1000 MC | LG 34GP83A-B UW-QHD/2-Asus PB278Q  | EVGA Supernova 1000 G2 | Corsair 1TB MP600 (OS) & 970 EVO 1TB M.2 (Games) | Custom Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | NexXxoS UT60 1080mm Nova | 2x D5 w/BP-2D5TOPPEX-BK | Win-10-pro 21H2  RIG PICS
EVGA Affiliate Code GMER9XL4N
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/11 15:45:19 (permalink)
We can only dream!!! I do know that some good things are coming from the Obutto camp in our future. Yet affordable. They are a darn good group of folks to work with if you have questions.

I cannot say enough of how much more fun my gaming is now with the current setup...

To bad the 570's are so dang good and I want to change to them already.... sigh... Seems I am never done "Tweaking" my systems... lol

atfrico
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 12753
  • Ribbons : 25
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/11 17:30:47 (permalink)
Very nice job AB. THanks for taking the time on doing this review.

Those who abuse power, are nothing but scumbags! The challenge of power is how to use it and not abuse it. The abuse of power that seems to create the most unhappiness is when a person uses personal power to get ahead without regards to the welfare of others, people are obsessed with it. You can take a nice person and turn them into a slob, into an insane being, craving power, destroying anything that stands in their way.

Affiliate Code: 3T15O1S07G
The Russian
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 232
  • Ribbons : 1
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/11 19:36:20 (permalink)
Simply amazing! You should definitely dust out that fan.
nmanley
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Ribbons : 0
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/11 21:22:36 (permalink)
Awesome Review Afterburner.  
The Black background is a nice touch.

Thank you very much. 
utnorris
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 422
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/12 15:34:07 (permalink)
Wow!!  Now I know what to ask Santa for Christmas.  Damn, that looks sweet.  Awesome review also.  If you can do some fully assembled pics from various angles with the part. keyboard tray versus desk, that would be great. 

CPUID Validation - 
New D0 -  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=555012
After PCIe Mod -  http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=794165

Main Machine
I7 3930K/ Asus Rampage IV Black / 1 x R9 Fury X / 32Gb Gskill 2400Mhz
W/C System
MASSIVE
DMIINC
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5929
  • Ribbons : 32
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/12 20:25:21 (permalink)
Very detailed as it is expected from you. Damn it, I might get it.

mamaswok
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 268
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/20 13:26:06 (permalink)
I am glad I read this before purchasing a new desk!  Now I just have to get the girlfriend to approve..............

Awesome review, thanks for taking the time to put this together!

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/31 08:43:43 (permalink)
Thanks fellas. If you choose to buy one you will be very pleased. It is near impossible to get my wife out of it once she is in it... lol...

farthestkris
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4098
  • Ribbons : 12
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2010/12/31 11:30:15 (permalink)
Afterburner

Well folks today what we have is simply a black Backdrop for a Gaming Cockpit.

What does it do you may ask? Simply put, it helps focus all of the attention to the monitor(s) in use. Not to mention is really sets things off!

Over the past few weeks I was "Nudged" to put a backdrop behind my TRI Screen setup. And when I purchased the Cockpit lets just say that turned to almost a demand... lol...

What I decided to do was a simply "How I did it" for a reference point. I did this with the thought of "CHEAP", but functional and truly usable. Did I mention cheap? How cheap? Well of course your actual cost will vary for various reasons. But this project cost me a whopping $20 (Including tax mind you)  for the fabric (Black Felt) and $13.40 for the 10' MDF "Molding" (Purchased because of the ability to have flexibility) and two sets of Corner braces. One set I ended up not needing. I used screws and odds and ends from my supply in the garage. So if you do not have any of those that can add cost. But for me the final cost was...

$30.00!!!!

Anyway here we go...

Before...

After...

Part receipts...

How I did the Center Brackets. There are two, only showing the one here...

20" for far center corner. Pretty tight bend!!...

How I kept this in the air so I could drill the needed holes in the wall and the Board...

This is the finished mount for the MDF Board that is now ready for the Felt to be Stapled to it. One comment on the staples. I started with 1/2" staples, and switched to 5/16".

Now what you see here takes a little explaining. The finished product you see is three 72" wide felts that I made look like one continuous length. To hide the Staples, I placed where I wanted the fabric to be... Pulled it to the right... And stapled the back side on the fold I just made. So when I pulled the fabric back from the right to the left. This creates the crease and give the "Wavy" look. Then I took an item that was the size of my desired width for each fold (Red stud finder) and repeated the fold (Pic shows before folding fabric back and over the red Stud finder, then Stapling at the end of the fold), staple, fold process over and over. Now when I came to the end of one fabric, I simply just stapled it flat to the board (About 8")(While still leaving a wave) and simply started the new felt right on top to keep the pattern going...

Ran out... Time for another piece of fabric...

There you go! Simple, cheap and effective! I hope this helps at least one person

wow ab that is bad ass +1 !!

AVS112
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/15 08:24:23 (permalink)
Awesome setup man! You make me very jealous ;) I have been debating about getting the obutto seat for a while now and am still trying to justify getting it. Just like you, Counter Strike is my favorite and only game I play on the PC, followed by sports(PS3) and racing game(GT5 on PS3).  I have a G25 wheel that I can't use because I don't have anywhere to clamp it on... I have a 50 inch plasma on a wall mount that swivel so I actually have the room for the seat.  I was trying to do some research on whether this would also be a good seat to play counter strike.  Would you rather play counter strike on a desk, or on the obutto? I have a very comfortable setup on my PC to play CS on a 22 inch monitor and was wondering if it would be better on the obutto in front of a 1080P 50 inch?  If you could give me your opinion on this it would be greatly appreciated :) And I love your setup, If I had more funds and room I would def do it just like you did and thanks for sharing with everyone.

Jon
Stuey 1122
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 494
  • Ribbons : 2
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/15 12:10:00 (permalink)
Simply amazing! +1
paavonurmi
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 650
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/15 23:24:00 (permalink)
That looks fun, as a flight sim geek I've always dreamed of something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnx-m9RQ1KU
Bernard17
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1641
  • Ribbons : 3
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/16 07:31:12 (permalink)
really nice

Ryzen 5900X|G.Skill FlareX 3200@3400  CL14|EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW Ultra

XrayMan
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 73000
  • Ribbons : 115
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/16 11:13:18 (permalink)
Nice and detailed with great pics.    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/24 07:55:48 (permalink)
Pm's replied to

Madrias
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4825
  • Ribbons : 6
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/24 16:42:16 (permalink)
That is awesome!  I'm currently satisfied with my desk, but out of curiousity, what size monitors can it take?

direraptor22
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 5717
  • Ribbons : 16
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/01/24 20:07:25 (permalink)
Have you considered getting TrackIR, AB? If you're into simulators, driving, flying, etc. It's a must have!

www.naturalpoint.com/trackir

“The fascination of flight can't be expressed with words. But it really lies beyond the capabilities of human endeavor. Once you've experienced it, you'll never be able to forget it.” - Friedrich Oblessor
Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/02/03 21:14:00 (permalink)
direraptor22

Have you considered getting TrackIR, AB? If you're into simulators, driving, flying, etc. It's a must have!

www.naturalpoint.com/trackir

Nope not yet.... Been packing and such... Will probably get into the setup daily again in April...

Dom18
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/02/05 16:31:07 (permalink)
I have a question, kind of make or break for me buying a new setup.

with the keyboard/mouse table, it's mounted on the left, can you mount it on the other side so it swings out that way and I can get out of the chair from the left?

[Classified] Code: Red
Currently acquiring all the pieces for the Build.

Afterburner
EVGA Forum Moderator
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/02/05 17:10:39 (permalink)
Dom18

I have a question, kind of make or break for me buying a new setup.

with the keyboard/mouse table, it's mounted on the left, can you mount it on the other side so it swings out that way and I can get out of the chair from the left?

Yes!...

All of it can be changed form side to side. Allows for your needs not the box store shove it down your throat stuff MANY other do...

Dom18
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 127
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/02/05 20:17:31 (permalink)
Afterburner

Yes!...

All of it can be changed form side to side. Allows for your needs not the box store shove it down your throat stuff MANY other do...

YES! this is great news then for me.
AB I'm buying a whole setup next Month

[Classified] Code: Red
Currently acquiring all the pieces for the Build.

lordhong
  • Total Posts : 79
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/02/08 11:50:20 (permalink)
And I just ordered mine :)
pyrebuilder
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 544
  • Ribbons : 5
Re:***Obutto Cockpit Review*** By Afterburner 2011/02/09 08:07:02 (permalink)
beautiful. gotta say ill never be able to afford one myself but amazing to see it all come together.

Computer builder, rocket flier, D&D player.
EVGA SR-X, 2x Xeon E5-2687W
64 GB ECC RAM 1600Mhz
Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile