EVGA

Hearing random static nosies in headset while listening to music

Author
rapsta94
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2010/09/11 01:49:58 (permalink)
Hey guys, I need help. I am hearing random static noises in my headset when I am listing to music. I upgraded my sound card to a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium thinking this would fix the problem but it didn't. I was using onboard sound and it was doing the same thing. I don't think i hear the static sound while I am playing video games but it's hard to tell when all you hear is gunfire etc. I tested the headset on a different computer and didn't hear any static. I am only hearing static, no hissing etc and only when I listen to music (I think, i can't be 100% sure). the static sound I am hearing is random, and only last for like a half second then goes away sometimes it happens hardly at all and sometimes alot. it is very annoying when it does happen. I am thinking it has to do with interference with the computer but I don't know. i started hearing the static sound after I did a few things (I don't remember what one exactly) I reformatted my computer, installed 2-3 missing screws on my motherboard and got 2 460 gtx's. it could of been either of those 3 or it could of just started around that same timeframe

so can anyone help me? I heard i could get a external dac to fix the interference but that is more money and I don't know if that will fix the issue or not. would installing those extra 2-3 screws of caused this ? I tried reseating my motherboard today but the problem is still there. a few things i tried seem to help but like i said it is random and it's hard to tell if it fixed the problem or not. i tried without the mic and listened to alot of sounds and didn't hear it once. I then tried with the mic and heard it 1-2 times. I tried not letting headset cable touch any wires as well. i also tried moving the usb cables to the top of the motherboard io plate. I will try again tomorrow without the mic and again with it on and see if the mic is the cause or not. I really don't want to not use a mic cause I rely on it alot while gaming. I guess i will have the replace the headset if it is the mic..

thank you for reading :)  
post edited by rapsta94 - 2010/09/11 01:54:05

Intel Core i5-750 running @ 4ghz
Intel i5 750 @4mhz
EVGA P55 SLI E655-KR
G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600
Xfx hd 7970
Power Supply: Ssonic 860 Plat
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

CPU 20x multi, CPU Freq 200, QPI 4.270, MCH Auto , Without VDroop, 1.3375 VCORE, 1.35, DRAM 1.5, PCH Auto, CPU PLL Auto,

2 Replies Related Threads

rapsta94
    • Total Posts : 99
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re:Hearing random static nosies in headset while listening to music 2010/09/11 02:18:49 (permalink)
    I tried it without the mic hooked up and still heard it. decided to test it before going to bed.

Intel Core i5-750 running @ 4ghz
    Intel i5 750 @4mhz
    EVGA P55 SLI E655-KR
    G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600
    Xfx hd 7970
    Power Supply: Ssonic 860 Plat
    Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

CPU 20x multi, CPU Freq 200, QPI 4.270, MCH Auto , Without VDroop, 1.3375 VCORE, 1.35, DRAM 1.5, PCH Auto, CPU PLL Auto,
    Boogyman93
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1075
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re:Hearing random static nosies in headset while listening to music 2010/09/11 15:43:51 (permalink)
    If the song is bad quality it could make a static sound. I remember I was listening to ac/dc - thunderstruck and I was also hearing that sound for a very small time. Then I found this site and downloaded one with the quality rated at 322 kbps and it sounded great. No more static sound and the instrumental sounded overall better. Then I went ahead and redownloaded all of my 151 songs in better quality

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile