EVGA

this shouldn't happen to anyone... but still happens: EVGA RMA sent me a defective card!

Author
mateo5
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2018/09/25 00:19:05 (permalink)
Imagine this: your precious gtx1080 stops working (it just gives a black screen, no video, no anything) no problem I said! EVGA will take care of this. and boy! they did, the RMA was quick, the customer service people were nice and helpful, they sent the card next day after receiving the bad one. I LOVE EVGA!!! well... I did until I plugged the replacement gpu and my nightmare started.

First thing was this annoying fan noise that my original gpu did not have. I told myself that I could live with it, not big deal, but after booting to windows, and running a benchmark to stress the gpu in order to see if everything was ok... it was not!

After seeing that my gpu could only do 9 fps in furmark at 1080p my heart sink :(, then I ran 3dmark and my score was 2586! WHAAAAAATTTTT THAT FLACKNAR!!!! that is like having no gpu at all, my orignal 1080 gave me something around 20000 points with my pc.

after deleting old drivers, installing latest drivers the problem persisted, and while running evga precision I came to notice something really strange: the memory clock was stuck at 405mhz,  I called costumer support and a friendly agent gave a couple of options after telling him what was going on, I proceeded with all sugestions and no dice, I even mentioned that people having the same problem would do a bios downgrade and that might help, he pointed me where I could download the bios and do the downgrade...

That did not work, and here is where I really, really got pissed...

I found out that, this has happened to A LOT of people before me... for some reason the gpu memory  is not recognized as gddr5 in gpu-z (see attached pics) and no matter what I did, it would not go over 405mhz.

So after talking with a customer service agent I got the answer I hoped I would not have to hear: "you will need to start another RMA and send the replacement gpu back"

This is WRONG, DISRESPECtFUL and INCONSIDERATE from EVGA to sent a damaged gpu as a replacement.

I don't know how they tested this card, but seems to me that the only test done was like: “does it turn on? YES, then is working…. sent this one to him” this is WRONG EVGA.

All the good work done in my first RMA amounts to nothing to me right now. Im not the first one to be having this nightmare, just do a little googling and see, and I believe I wont be the last one.

This should NOT happen to anyone that has purchased and trusted you EVGA.

Attached Image(s)

3 Replies Related Threads

bcavnaugh
    The Crunchinator
    • Total Posts : 38977
    • Ribbons : 282
    Re: this shouldn't happen to anyone... but still happens: EVGA RMA sent me a defective car 2018/09/25 09:38:54 (permalink)
    Thanks Care of Below.
    post edited by bcavnaugh - 2018/09/25 09:44:52

Associate Code: 9E88QK5L7811G3H

EVGATech_AdamB
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1930
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: this shouldn't happen to anyone... but still happens: EVGA RMA sent me a defective car 2018/09/25 09:39:33 (permalink)
    Hello mateo5! I am very sorry to hear about this issues you are having with your replacement graphics card. It is quite unusual to have issues with a replacement as we do hand-test every product before shipping it out to a customer. Our team has set up another RMA for you and we have marked it for extended testing to double-check the card again before shipping it to you. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Regards,
    EVGA

Like our service? Please provide feedback for us at the link HERE
    mateo5
    • Total Posts : 2
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: this shouldn't happen to anyone... but still happens: EVGA RMA sent me a defective car 2018/10/04 15:27:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. The card was recieved. By evga today ... I just honestly hope the one you guys send me back wont give me any problem. This should not happen to anyone and its as easy as really testing the card before validating it to be sent as rma. I guess people make mistakes, but this has cost me money and time... It kills me to think Im gonna be another 3rd rma statistics.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile