EVGA

screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games

Author
LucienKyle
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2015/05/18 03:38:08 (permalink)
My card is a new gtx970 and this problem shows from the first day I installed it.

During some next gen games like Dragon age inquisition and Unity, flashing green pixels can be found on screen (as shown in pic)

and even when I am not playing games, sometime there are several red pixels on the black background, their shapes are usually like two parallel little squares.

I try these methods:

1,turn off then turn on the monitor, change the HDMI cable, the pixels didn't change.

2,try the oldest version and several new version graphic card drivers, the problem is still there.

3,clean the interface of the card and re-install it , the problem remains.

besides, in the games,these green pixels usually appear when FXAA or MSAAx1 was used in some certain scene, when I change the AA to MSAAX4 or TXAA, the pixels were gone.

Plus, the definition is 1080p

I think the problem is in the card or the driver, but I can't fix it. Please help, or please instruct me how to get my new card fixed in Sydney.

Attached Image(s)

9 Replies Related Threads

LucienKyle
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/18 03:42:54 (permalink)

Attached Image(s)

Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/18 13:38:04 (permalink)
    Pretty sure your card is unstable. Try downclocking the card by 105 on both the core & memory to see if it helps get rid of the pixels. 
    bsmegreg
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1604
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/18 13:50:43 (permalink)
    Sajin
    Pretty sure your card is unstable. Try downclocking the card by 105 on both the core & memory to see if it helps get rid of the pixels. 

If that works then you need to RMA the card, unless you find that slaughtering your performance is an acceptable permanent solution.  So, I would give EVGA a call and talk to a customer service rep about setting up an RMA and it shouldn't take too long.  You could also replace the card with the retailer you purchased it from like Newegg or Amazon.

LucienKyle
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/25 00:38:16 (permalink)
    But why would I cut down my clock mate
    LucienKyle
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/25 00:41:54 (permalink)
    Thanks

BTW, I am in Australia, I know EVGA is American, the RMA process is the same or it takes longer

I lost my receipt from the retailer though, do you think I can still go back to them or directly call EVGA?
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/26 12:43:21 (permalink)
    LucienKyle
    Thanks

BTW, I am in Australia, I know EVGA is American, the RMA process is the same or it takes longer

I lost my receipt from the retailer though, do you think I can still go back to them or directly call EVGA?

Call EVGA directly.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/26 12:53:22 (permalink)
    LucienKyle

Specifically to test the card and center the problem in one spot or another.

The green spots I can't explain, but have you made sure the red spots aren't stuck pixels? Normally when a card fails, the spots become more of a snow feature, not static to one particular place on the screen.
    LucienKyle
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/27 18:04:05 (permalink)
    Scarlet-Tech
    LucienKyle

Specifically to test the card and center the problem in one spot or another.

The green spots I can't explain, but have you made sure the red spots aren't stuck pixels? Normally when a card fails, the spots become more of a snow feature, not static to one particular place on the screen.

The red and green dots are the same thing it seems, place randomly, not statically

I went back to the retailer, we tested it in different manner, the pixels instantly but only shew when they used HDMI cables, so we guess the HDMI output of this EVGA card is bad.

Things have been resolved well given they changed my EVGA 970 FTW to a GIGABYTE 970(G1 GAMING)

Sorry guys, but it seems this GIGABYTE piece works better and it doesn't even have the common noise problem of 970.

However I guess EVGA better saw my case and exam how they test the HDMI portal
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: screen shows red pixels on the dark background and green pixels in large games 2015/05/27 18:15:49 (permalink)
    LucienKyle
    The red and green dots are the same thing it seems, place randomly, not statically

I went back to the retailer, we tested it in different manner, the pixels instantly but only shew when they used HDMI cables, so we guess the HDMI output of this EVGA card is bad.

Things have been resolved well given they changed my EVGA 970 FTW to a GIGABYTE 970(G1 GAMING)

Sorry guys, but it seems this GIGABYTE piece works better and it doesn't even have the common noise problem of 970.

However I guess EVGA better saw my case and exam how they test the HDMI portal

If gigabyte works, give them your business for sure. You deserve to be happy, so it is the right thing to do.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile