Helpful ReplyHot!old betsy.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3957
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 57
Re: old betsy. 2021/09/05 10:48:33 (permalink)
You should give the X99 chipset a go or the X299 what it's named, if seeking a decent Intel platform, I too had the X79 Chipset and I found it very troublesome, which is why I Went Supermicro and Dual 12 Core Opterons, then again my experience with new gen Intel systems was always bumpy, always stuck tos erver grade gear and all my worries were gone, and they still are.

X99 was the X79 done right in many ways many fixes were applied plus newer line of CPU's could be used.
Not familiar with X299 since by these days AMD's ThreadRipper & Ryzen Platform kind of taken over the performance crown anyways left alone price and such
But yea  give X99 a go, you might like it more

reaper1233
  • Total Posts : 39
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: old betsy. 2021/09/05 13:00:32 (permalink)
talk about an old-school looking build. I wasn't really a fan of the look of any of those though lol. Especially when they didn't have good cable management and had ketchup and mustard  cables all over the place.
austin86
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 357
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: old betsy. 2021/09/05 13:26:44 (permalink)
Gold Leader
You should give the X99 chipset a go or the X299 what it's named, if seeking a decent Intel platform, I too had the X79 Chipset and I found it very troublesome, which is why I Went Supermicro and Dual 12 Core Opterons, then again my experience with new gen Intel systems was always bumpy, always stuck tos erver grade gear and all my worries were gone, and they still are.

X99 was the X79 done right in many ways many fixes were applied plus newer line of CPU's could be used.
Not familiar with X299 since by these days AMD's ThreadRipper & Ryzen Platform kind of taken over the performance crown anyways left alone price and such

To be honest I didn’t have a single problem with the system after swapping the 285s for a 980ti. I just didn’t like the system. Found it far to boring and daul.
Gold Leader
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 3957
  • Ribbons : 57
Re: old betsy. 2021/09/05 17:25:58 (permalink)
austin86
Gold Leader

To be honest I didn’t have a single problem with the system after swapping the 285s for a 980ti. I just didn’t like the system. Found it far to boring and daul.

I have that same feeling about 1CPU builds, so used to 2CPU now, I never plan on going 1CPU ever again, they even have much greater life spans as well, now that many games & Simulations have great Multi Core/Multi threading support my Dual 6 core & Dual 12 core Opteron systems got their second life with a many of things.
A Dual 16 core AMD EPYC 7282 would be my next build, ZEN2 cores in a Supermicro H11DSi-NT rev 2.00, that is if I'd do a new gen build it would be something in that direction.

But with the stupid prices and overrated values , I just lost interest in new-gen hardware in it's whole, the high prices make nothing of interest for me.
Also why I mostly do retro build now.

austin86
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 357
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: old betsy. 2021/09/08 09:31:54 (permalink)
Gold Leader
But with the stupid prices and overrated values , I just lost interest in new-gen hardware in it's whole, the high prices make nothing of interest for me.
Also why I mostly do retro build now.

I can defiantly relate, I started to loose interest in PCs around the latter core2 days, and with the insane prices on parts these days I don't even bother with new stuff unless if I'm payed too.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile