Answerednew x299 dark is X299x?

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
KimbaWLion
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 410
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: new x299 dark is X299x? 2019/11/07 11:18:00 (permalink)
Looking at everything I have read and viewed etc., Intel is not even close to the best value in a CPU these days and looks to be "dead in the water" for about the next 2 years give or take. Unless Intel drastically lowers prices on most of their CPUs, I feel that for building a new PC today it's not the best choice for value etc. Me? An AMD fanboy owning a 7900x/X299 Dark and a 2080ti, not so sure about that. We all know the Intel is the monster in the CPU market and will not be going anywhere, it's just lost a bit of its market share, that is obvious at last quarter's reports.
Should Intel DRASTICALLY lower prices, and there is TONS of room to do so, then we can have another conversation.  
There is a youtuber, Moore's Law is dead, and he talks about how much lower Intel can lower prices and what their future could be.
I would love to be wrong. As a consumer there is nothing like competition to lower cpu prices and/or gives us a LOT more bang for our buck. For now I am going sit tight and see how everything plays out. My rig, for now, does everything I need it to do in the quality and speed I need it to do. I do get the urge to build a new PC about every 3 years but with all these changes it does get tempting but for now until things fully settle I am going to sit back and watch.

After seeing AMD's NEW Threadripper 3 pricing it looks like they are after building a war chest now... It is going to take some time for the dust to settle, that's one thing we can all agree on!
post edited by KimbaWLion - 2019/11/08 12:38:01

Lian Li O11 EVO XL ll Intel 14900K ll Asrock  Nova MB ll Samsung 990 2TB ll WD 850N 4TB ll Toshiba 8gb hdd ll NZXT Kracken Elite 360 ll 64GB Corsair Platinum Dominator ll EVGA 3080 TI ll Asus Rog Loki SFX 850 PSU

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile