Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Nereus
Captain Goodvibes
  • Total Posts : 18916
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 58
2020/06/09 14:59:26 (permalink)

My 3 year old Logitech G Pro Gaming FPS Mouse [link] is finally starting to have an occasional issue with left click double registering, so it's time to replace it.

Previously I used the MX-518 for years (my wife still uses one of them) which was a great mouse, but now I find it a little bulky after the Logitech G Pro. Also used a Razer mouse for a while (might have been death adder?) but it broke pretty quickly so I'm not planning to go back to that brand.

So what next? I do not need large numbers of buttons, in fact I prefer not to - the Logitech G Pro had enough. I like the slightly smaller size of the Logitech Pro compared to the MX-518, and at only 3oz it was reasonably light.

There's a newer model Logitech G Pro Hero [link] which has a lot of very good reviews, 16K sensor, and again 6 programmable buttons (including the wheel and R/L clickers) with onboard memory to save the profiles, so I'm tempted to go that way, but thought I'd post here for suggestions before I commit.

Looked at the EVGA Torq X10 and X5, and while I like EVGA gear, they look to maybe have too many buttons for my taste - it looks like I'd keep accidentally hitting the buttons on the rhs as I'm not a 'palm-holder' with mice, I tend to hold my mouse further forward between my thumb and last 2 fingers and rest the base of my palm on the mouse pad.. so my last 2 fingers would grip right where those 2 rhs buttons are located.. anyone else have that issue? Maybe it's not an issue?

Appreciate any recommendations with consideration to my preferences.

Cheers.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/06/09 15:04:20

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

33 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/09 16:35:07 (permalink)
    I really see no issue with sticking with Logitech they have been a great brand for decades. I personally am happy myself using the X10 from EVGA but and don't grip the buttons but that depends on each person. It sounds like you use more of the claw grip for a mouse. Some people like to use fingers and others will use a palm grip.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7220
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/09 17:40:35 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I really see no issue with sticking with Logitech they have been a great brand for decades.

Their mice are good. Corsair makes better keyboards. If you ever have to deal with Logitech customer service... Good luck!
    MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/09 18:01:35 (permalink)
    You might try gently lifting up on the mouse button and spraying some compressed air into the mouse. My G403 had issues with double clicking then it went away after doing that trick.  Check to see if logitech released a firmware update, you can check for firmware update using Logitech gaming software.

I like my G403 (not the hero version).

kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/10 22:27:39 (permalink)
    There's a few apps that block instant double-clicks. This one has worked perfectly for me https://pupuweb.com/optic...-click-problem-solved/

Have water, will cool. 
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102260
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/10 22:39:28 (permalink)
    Personally I much prefer Corsair over Logitech

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/11 06:11:53 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses. Yeah I use the 'claw grip' - I knew there must be a name for it lol.

Firmware is good. I'll give the mouse a shot of compressed air though. Not into installing an app to stop double clicks.

I see there is a 'renewed' version of the Logitech G Pro Hero, but some of the reviews are less than stellar...  does renewed mean refurbished?    edit: 'renewed' does actually mean refurbished.. &@%$ resellers trying to mislead and sell it at the same price.. grrr..  reported to Amazon.

I forgot about Corsair mice, I'll take a look at their offerings - I use their memory and case (see signature) and have no complaints.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/06/11 07:33:22

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/11 08:08:34 (permalink)

Corsair were good, but I decided to go with the Logitech G Pro Hero - the textured sides on my existing mouse G Pro are completely worn smooth so it's about time to replace it even if the blower fixes the double clicking. Thanks for the comments and recommendations. 

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/11 10:54:37 (permalink)
    MSim
    You might try gently lifting up on the mouse button and spraying some compressed air into the mouse. My G403 had issues with double clicking then it went away after doing that trick.  Check to see if logitech released a firmware update, you can check for firmware update using Logitech gaming software.

I like my G403 (not the hero version).

I've had issues with mice where doing the same thing fixed it. I also take them apart and attempt to repair them if they aren't working right. I successfully did that with one of my Logitech mice. I don't remember which one it was, but it was notorious for having a rattling sensor.
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/11 10:56:05 (permalink)
    Nereus

Corsair were good, but I decided to go with the Logitech G Pro Hero - the textured sides on my existing mouse G Pro are completely worn smooth so it's about time to replace it even if the blower fixes the double clicking. Thanks for the comments and recommendations. 

The Hero really is a great mouse, I think you'll be satisfied as long as you don't have to deal with Logitech in the process of owning it.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/11 11:31:15 (permalink)

chrisdglong
    Nereus

The Hero really is a great mouse, I think you'll be satisfied as long as you don't have to deal with Logitech in the process of owning it.

sounds like ASUS - no problems, until there's a problem. lol. I'm buying through Amazon, so they are pretty good at making things right if there's any issues in the short term at least.

Chrome-M-Dragon
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 7806
    • Ribbons : 30
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/11 19:30:40 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I really see no issue with sticking with Logitech they have been a great brand for decades. I personally am happy myself using the X10 from EVGA but and don't grip the buttons but that depends on each person. It sounds like you use more of the claw grip for a mouse. Some people like to use fingers and others will use a palm grip.

My past two Logitech devices were nothing but issues. The Keyboard (Orion Spark) started ghosting JUST out of warranty as well as the g502 Proteus mouse. The headsets G633 I have went through 3 of them until I got tired if dealing wih the poor placement of the USB mini plug (why have a plug in for a wired headset?!?!?!) being ust above my shoulders, so hitting it even slightly makes it cut out and I loose all sound until it's recognized again. Solution is to dismantle the headset and solder the connection to be permanent. I now have a Razer KB (it's ok so far, space bar does not press to well from the far ends) and a Corsair Wireless RGB Harpoon mouse that tracks like garbage. Still on the hunt for a better headset. And would still like a better KB and mouse but refuse to buy one that is over 100 dollars from Logitech anymore.

On a lighter note the KB is now an art piece/audio...thing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhYJDLZVFJ8
    post edited by Chrome-M-Dragon - 2020/06/11 19:39:56

People are, well, only Human. We know that. The rule of law is borne out in identifying, condemning, and punishing those who violate the standards on which we all agree. This is exactly what we do in america. -James Inhofe

Use any of the codes below for a free hug and a high five! Much love to all you wonderful nerds!
    Associate: 5L1LJB5JQ94H892 Affiliate Code: QRXQKO8ZJS

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/16 19:17:49 (permalink)

Hrmm. Received the 'new' mouse - purchased through Amazon. Looked a bit old so I checked the part number and they sent me an old discontinued version from 2+ years ago - not the same part number that was advertised on Amazon. I'm returning it for a full refund. Went to Logitech and ordered direct from them, and the same (new part number) mouse happened to be on sale, so I got it for $49.99 instead of $75.99 that Amazon were charging for a discontinued version. I should note it was a 3rd party seller, not direct from Amazon. Getting more like EBay all the time with their 3rd party sellers..

post edited by Nereus - 2020/06/16 19:25:14

chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/17 09:10:55 (permalink)
    Nereus

Hrmm. Received the 'new' mouse - purchased through Amazon. Looked a bit old so I checked the part number and they sent me an old discontinued version from 2+ years ago - not the same part number that was advertised on Amazon. I'm returning it for a full refund. Went to Logitech and ordered direct from them, and the same (new part number) mouse happened to be on sale, so I got it for $49.99 instead of $75.99 that Amazon were charging for a discontinued version. I should note it was a 3rd party seller, not direct from Amazon. Getting more like EBay all the time with their 3rd party sellers..

I never buy from 3rd parties on Amazon, and this is why!
    kougar
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 3034
    • Ribbons : 22
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/17 13:17:10 (permalink)
    Nereus
     I should note it was a 3rd party seller, not direct from Amazon. Getting more like EBay all the time with their 3rd party sellers..

More like? Third party sellers are worse than eBay, particularly because they either pretend the products are the wrong version/model or truly don't realize it. Had third party sellers on Newegg send me fake knockoffs too. On ebay you at least get what the photos show because the photos were of the exact item. I'd rather buy off ebay than a third party seller. 

Have water, will cool. 
    chrisdglong
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/17 17:08:56 (permalink)
    kougar
    Nereus
     I should note it was a 3rd party seller, not direct from Amazon. Getting more like EBay all the time with their 3rd party sellers..

More like? Third party sellers are worse than eBay, particularly because they either pretend the products are the wrong version/model or truly don't realize it. Had third party sellers on Newegg send me fake knockoffs too. On ebay you at least get what the photos show because the photos were of the exact item. I'd rather buy off ebay than a third party seller. 

Third parties on Amazon are an absolute disaster. You can't trust any of them and they scoop up all the high demand products and resell them. At least Newegg puts a limit on these items so third parties can't buy them all up and sell them back for terrible prices. Or, should I say scalpers do this. Amazon has lost reputation with me over these kinds of issues over the last few years. It would be nice if they would stop focusing on playing politics and fix their issues... But, apparently all companies are doing now. When I go to a car repairman, I want to get my car repaired and nothing else. If I have to hear about your political views during the process, I won't come back because that's not what I paid you for.
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/19 18:18:59 (permalink)
    chrisdglong
    kougar
    Nereus

Third parties on Amazon are an absolute disaster. You can't trust any of them and they scoop up all the high demand products and resell them. At least Newegg puts a limit on these items so third parties can't buy them all up and sell them back for terrible prices. Or, should I say scalpers do this. Amazon has lost reputation with me over these kinds of issues over the last few years. It would be nice if they would stop focusing on playing politics and fix their issues... But, apparently all companies are doing now. When I go to a car repairman, I want to get my car repaired and nothing else. If I have to hear about your political views during the process, I won't come back because that's not what I paid you for.

^ Amen.

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 10:26:26 (permalink)
    I like the Corsair mice , Steelseries, Razer & Roccat 
    Been pretty disappointed in the last 2x logitech products ( high end KB & mouse ) failed pretty early compared to previous Logitech quality

Nereus
    chrisdglong
    kougar
    Nereus

^ Amen.

2nd 'ed , or is it 3rd ?

Yeah, Amazon 3rd party are now far worse than anything from EBAY .... just sad
    post edited by aka_STEVE_b - 2020/06/24 10:30:14

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    knightsilver
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 9430
    • Ribbons : 14
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 15:33:06 (permalink)
    Been looking for a claw grip mouse for large hands myself, Logitech went cash happy over the passed 12months in cost.....
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 15:47:02 (permalink)
    knightsilver
    Been looking for a claw grip mouse for large hands myself, Logitech went cash happy over the passed 12months in cost.....

Yeah they've put the price back up at Logitech. There's another one that's highly recommended particularly for claw-grip which I was looking at - the Glorious Model O - might want to check it out. I have one of their GMMK keyboards and it is awesome. If the Logitech doesn't work out, that Glorious Model O is what I'll be buying.

EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 16:08:00 (permalink)
    If you're getting double click issues you can try to replace the switches with the Japanese made Omron switches. The switches that Logitech uses are the Omrons made in China that are known to have double click or not registering the clicks consistently. This happened on my G903 and I replaced both switches and it's just like new. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 16:19:35 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JamesL
    If you're getting double click issues you can try to replace the switches with the Japanese made Omron switches. The switches that Logitech uses are the Omrons made in China that are known to have double click or not registering the clicks consistently. This happened on my G903 and I replaced both switches and it's just like new. 

Yeah that was another option, but my existing mouse is pretty worn down after 3+ years of heavy daily use - all the texture on the sides is worn completely smooth and the poor little guy is just looking trashed.. figured it was time for retirement, although the wheel and the skates are still surprisingly good, but the malfunctioning left clicker was a kind of a "it's time" moment for me.

EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 16:53:56 (permalink)
    Nereus 
    Yeah that was another option, but my existing mouse is pretty worn down after 3+ years of heavy daily use - all the texture on the sides is worn completely smooth and the poor little guy is just looking trashed.. figured it was time for retirement, although the wheel and the skates are still surprisingly good, but the malfunctioning left clicker was a kind of a "it's time" moment for me.

If you do get a new mouse I'd suggest getting grip tape for baseball bats and cut them to shape and size and stick them to the sides of the mouse. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 16:57:26 (permalink)
    EVGATech_JamesL
    Nereus 

If you do get a new mouse I'd suggest getting grip tape for baseball bats and cut them to shape and size and stick them to the sides of the mouse. 

Ohh never thought of that, nice idea thanks. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 16:57:26 (permalink)

*sigh*  double click = double post 

post edited by Nereus - 2020/06/24 17:00:30

yodap
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4642
    • Ribbons : 8
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/24 17:22:43 (permalink)
    Nereus

*sigh*  double click = double post 

DOH 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/25 15:31:39 (permalink)

So.. 10 days since I ordered the mouse from Logitech and they haven't shipped it yet. Says normally shipped in 1-2 business days, but may be delayed due to Covid19 up to 7 days.. which has been and gone. Can't seem to get hold of anyone there. Great. Looks like I'll be ordering the Glorious Model O after all.

..OMG.. entered a support ticket, but when entering it, the Logitech site gives you a few 'similar questions' ..the most recent was asking the same thing - where is my order.. it was entered 8 months ago and Logitech only answered it 3 DAYS AGO... lmao.. I'll give them until tomorrow and then contact my credit card company to stop the charge. Wow.

post edited by Nereus - 2020/06/25 15:46:07

MSim
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14685
    • Ribbons : 38
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/06/26 01:16:32 (permalink)
    Have you tied calling or see if they have live chat support during normal business hours?

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/11/06 20:52:37 (permalink)

FYI I got my money back... and then a few days later Corsair sent the mouse, I kid you not. I contacted them multiple times to try to return it but they didn't seem to understand what was going on and didn't seem to want the mouse back - multiple foreign 'help' desk people with a poor grasp of English I guess. I had already purchased a Glorious Model O mouse in the interim (freaking AWESOME mouse btw), so the Logitech Hero is still sitting in its unopened shipping box in a closet in case they ever get their schiff together and want it back. 

CraptacularOne
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 14533
    • Ribbons : 222
    Re: mouse replacement time 2020/11/06 22:12:21 (permalink)
    Nereus

FYI I got my money back... and then a few days later Corsair sent the mouse, I kid you not. I contacted them multiple times to try to return it but they didn't seem to understand what was going on and didn't seem to want the mouse back - multiple foreign 'help' desk people with a poor grasp of English I guess. I had already purchased a Glorious Model O mouse in the interim (freaking AWESOME mouse btw), so the Logitech Hero is still sitting in its unopened shipping box in a closet in case they ever get their schiff together and want it back. 

I've tried the Glorious Model O and tried to get used to it for about a week. While I was getting more comfortable after a while I always missed the thumbpad buttons on my Scimitar Pro. I just can't go back to a mouse with less buttons after the convenience of having all the buttons within easy reach for anything. Even though they say they are for MMO or MOBA type games, I prefer them for my FPS games. No long reaches for weapon swaps, never have to take my fingers off the WASD keys and sacrifice a movement and I prefer a meatier mouse anyway, 

Intel i9 14900K ...............................Ryzen 9 7950X3D
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming Trio................ASRock Phantom RX 7900 XTX
    Samsung Odyssey G9.......................PiMax 5K Super/Meta Quest 3
    ASUS ROG Strix Z690-F Gaming........ASUS TUF Gaming X670E Plus WiFi
    64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 6800Mhz.......64GB Kingston Fury RGB 6000Mhz
    MSI MPG A1000G 1000w..................EVGA G3 SuperNova 1000w
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile