2011/01/09 19:43:34
zerran2001
rjbelans

A big welcome to all the new folders!

Hello, my name is Ron, and I'm a FAHaholic.

I almost forgot to tell the new folders, the meetings are on Tuesday at 7pm for folders who are addicted
2011/01/09 20:22:09
rjbelans
Tuesday???? I thought I was avoiding them on Wednesdays. Now I'm so confused. That's it! No more trying to keep it under control! MOAR FOLDING!!!!!!
2011/01/09 20:33:31
paavonurmi
Just started folding on a pair of 570's, I don't plan to do it 24/7, but I was wondering if this is hard on my video cards ?
2011/01/09 20:40:41
rjbelans
If you let the temps stay well over 80C, then it can be hard on them. As long as you take care of them, they will take care of you.
2011/01/09 20:42:53
_Nite_
I started folding for evga in april 2009, but I guess I can't be added to the list since zarren set it to 2010/2011
2011/01/09 20:43:56
paavonurmi
rjbelans

If you let the temps stay well over 80C, then it can be hard on them. As long as you take care of them, they will take care of you.

Thanks for the peace of mind, I'm sitting at 66C and 62C.
2011/01/10 00:19:44
rasalibresktr
Hey guys, new member checking in here. Started today I think I finally got it figured out enough to work lol :-p im using FAH GPU tracker V2 couldn't figure out how to get the client working correctly till I found this great tool. looks like between my two GTX 460's im pushing about 20,000 PPD, not sure if thats good but I do believe that meets the goal of 250k per month. I was wondering however if there were any other requirements for getting EVGA bucks? Not just here for the cash incentive I actually ran across the topic of folding exploring EVGA's website and forums and after a bit of research just pretty much loved the concept of putting my hardware to work.

Although I don't personally know anyone with the diseases listed, F@H hits close to home for me as my girlfriend has chronic Lyme disease, so I know how much an impact being sick can have on friends and loved ones. Just wanted to say this website is great and thanks for the helpful guides, hope I can help out!

EDIT: also wanted to add i noticed in EVGA precision my GPU1 temp is bouncing around 74c, anyone know if thats an ok temp to be at? I know being on an x58M series board my video cards are pretty close to each other keeping the top card a bit warmer but if 74ish is ok then I won't worry too much about it, thanks!
2011/01/10 00:47:15
Sleinous
kcsupratt

Hi All,
New to the EVGA Folding team. I moved from another team to EVGA.
My old folding name was Chance. I wanted to use it here but it seems that name is taken. I was at one point ranked in the top 300 overall with about 30 mil, so I am starting over with this ID. Glad to be part of this team and hopefully I can add some value to this group.

If you wish to be elgigible for the EVGA Bucks, you will need to enter your folding name into your profile, and it will also need to be identical to your forum name. So, if chance is taken you will have to make a new folding name im afraid. Unless youre not interested in the 10 EVGA bucks / month.
2011/01/10 01:46:52
JD22964
rasalibresktr
EDIT: also wanted to add i noticed in EVGA precision my GPU1 temp is bouncing around 74c, anyone know if thats an ok temp to be at? I know being on an x58M series board my video cards are pretty close to each other keeping the top card a bit warmer but if 74ish is ok then I won't worry too much about it, thanks!

What is your fan speed setting?  Is it set to AUTO in Precision?  If it is, try turning AUTO off, then increase the fan speed for each GPU.  Find a balance between lower temp and how much fan noise you're willing to listen to.

I don't think 74°C is too bad and it's not going to hurt your 460's.  The Maximum GPU Temperature listed for that card is 104°C.

JD
2011/01/10 03:12:57
rasalibresktr
Thanks JD22964, sitting a little cooler now and only slightly louder by bumping the fan up a bit. Really just gives me an excuse to get a couple more fans in this case.... hmm

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account