2020/03/29 08:39:36
johnalan
yodap
johnalan
Just setup and started running on my main computer (JohnAlan's ModRig)
Does it matter that I am using the same identity and passkey for 2 computers?

Welcome to the team!

You actually should use the same identity and passkey on all your computers.

Edit:
Hey I just looked at your stats and you don’t seem to be getting the QRB bonus. Let us know if we can help.

As I am new to folding I don't know much about it.... so if you could tell me what I need to do to do this properly, I would appreciate it.
2020/03/29 08:48:13
Cool GTX
johnalan
yodap
johnalan

Welcome to the team!

Edit:
Hey I just looked at your stats and you don’t seem to be getting the QRB bonus. Let us know if we can help.

As I am new to folding I don't know much about it.... so if you could tell me what I need to do to do this properly, I would appreciate it.

Read this thread - from when I started Folding  .... it does a great job of covering the Basics:

Folding advice new to Folding Day1 PPD 275K, Day2@1.07M Day3@1.5 estimate - EVGA Forums

More Questions & Advise -- Please start a New Thread .... this is a Welcome Thread
2020/03/29 08:56:08
STR1D3R_2
johnalan
yodap
johnalan

Welcome to the team!

Edit:

Welcome aboard johnalan, a few servers have been failing to give out the QRB's
https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=33072
Things will get sorted soon on that end hopefully.

2020/03/29 09:11:19
ipkha
I wager the new WS server's aren't in the loop yet for QRB or have a configuration issue that prevents checking against the QRB database.
I think this all will get fixed sometime this week.
2020/03/30 09:26:29
Justintoxicated
I decided to join the team to help the world with COVID-19.  However I can't seem to get the app to continuously fold.  Does it need to be restarted after each work unit?  I have a liquid cooled 1080 ti and it does not even break a sweat (like 26c under a folding load).  But every time I check the app it has stopped (client just shows my GPU is waiting). Restarting, then dropping back to medium or light seems to help and then clicking fold (switching the setting around) will eventually get it going again.  But this isn't at all practical. Why does it just wait and do nothing until I intervene? 
2020/03/30 10:31:08
Cool GTX
Justintoxicated
I decided to join the team to help the world with COVID-19.  However I can't seem to get the app to continuously fold.  Does it need to be restarted after each work unit?  I have a liquid cooled 1080 ti and it does not even break a sweat (like 26c under a folding load).  But every time I check the app it has stopped (client just shows my GPU is waiting). Restarting, then dropping back to medium or light seems to help and then clicking fold (switching the setting around) will eventually get it going again.  But this isn't at all practical. Why does it just wait and do nothing until I intervene? 

FaH has seen a 20X increase in volunteers ..... their system is overloaded ... servers & ISP bandwidth

It is not normal to have to do those things you mentioned ... it is the current reality

Welcome to the EVGA Team
2020/04/01 21:35:51
mputtr
just started folding for the very first time about 10 days ago. Hoping my computer will help with COVID 19 if possible. 
Being stuck at home all day sucks.
2020/04/01 22:09:27
SmookinJoe
mputtr
just started folding for the very first time about 10 days ago. Hoping my computer will help with COVID 19 if possible. 

Welcome aboard
Guys here will help you do a good job
Did you exempt the working directory(s) for the Fah program from your antivirus?

Joe

2020/04/01 22:24:23
mputtr
SmookinJoe
mputtr

Welcome aboard
Joe

Thanks! last I checked, I've contributed about 81 work units so far. Saw a lot of COVID 19 projects which makes me happy. I even had my wife send out emails to her students with my description and instructions on how to  and also to join EVGA's folding team.
2020/04/01 22:26:20
SmookinJoe
mputtr
SmookinJoe
mputtr

Welcome aboard
Joe

Thanks! last I checked, I've contributed about 81 work units so far. Saw a lot of COVID 19 projects which makes me happy. I even had my wife send out emails to her students with my description and instructions on how to  and also to join EVGA's folding team.

Coool
Did you exempt the working directory(s) for the Fah program from your antivirus?
Note: Under Windows, antivirus software can interfere with the Folding@home client files and cause errors. We suggest configuring antivirus software to exclude the FAH client directory and especially the Work directory from the antivirus scanning list. This can be done by going into the exclusion list panel that every antivirus should have. The work subdirectory contains semi-random binary data and can confuse overly aggressive heuristic virus scanning.

https://foldingathome.org.../windows/requirements/

Sooo...did ya?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account