• Software
  • Thinking About Linux? Then Read Here! (p.5)
2018/04/20 11:48:51
Hoggle
Linux is fun as long as you know what you are doing and understand some things might not working you hope. Now it’s a lot easier then it once was to get it to work but still it takes a little bit of knowledge and the willingness to know things will probably work but might not be fully functional like they are in Windows.
2018/04/25 13:15:28
quadlatte
Hoggle
Linux is fun as long as you know what you are doing and understand some things might not working you hope. Now it’s a lot easier then it once was to get it to work but still it takes a little bit of knowledge and the willingness to know things will probably work but might not be fully functional like they are in Windows.
ah yes the days of hunting down drivers and compiling kernals just to get wifi were no fun at all, and what I had to go through with symbolic links for Java was a nightmare lol
2018/09/09 23:55:11
ajjeet
Thank for your sharing with us .
2018/11/12 19:51:56
gbapk007
Subsequent to tidying up My Future GrandDaughter-In-Laws Win 7 machine that had so much malware it took days to tidy up. From that point onward, I complimented myself on utilizing Linux as my essential OS, on Laptops and Desktops alike. I have never had the battle with Linux, that I had on her machine. In the event that you become weary of malware think about Linux.
2018/12/07 06:20:49
MadmanRB
For me I have used Linux for at least 16 years in one form or another.
Its the primary OS on my desktop and laptop.
Currently my Linux flavor is Linux Mint 19, you would think by now I would be on say gentoo or arch but no I use mint due to its relative ease of use and I do like that things like timeshift are now baked into it.
Plus its super duper stable, right up there with debian pure.
I am also a fan of the cinnamon desktop, good stuff as I hate gnome shell and KDE and nvidia dont get along too well.
I do like MATE and XFCE too but cinnamon for me has shown its worth
2019/01/29 22:06:37
Dascery
gbapk007
Subsequent to tidying up My Future GrandDaughter-In-Laws Win 7 machine that had so much malware it took days to tidy up. From that point onward, I complimented myself on utilizing Linux as my essential OS, on Laptops and Desktops alike. I have never had the battle with Linux, that I had on her machine. In the event that you become weary of malware think about Linux.

Go to Windows.
2019/02/09 21:34:36
Holdolin
Dascery
gbapk007

Go to Windows.

No, don't.

2019/04/02 16:29:09
jlucie
Excellent compilation. Linux is great for security and usability is getting better all the time :)
2019/06/09 22:43:32
Xassiom
Just switched from Linux,i prefer Windows.
2019/06/16 11:30:37
cmaranhao
Used Ubuntu some years ago but eventually switched to Windows 7 due to incompatibility with 3d software and never went back. It is a pity because I think Linux is amazing. At that time it had that lacking which forced me to stop using it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account