2010/10/08 13:19:21
robhall86
your sidewinder computers link takes you to a site about the snake 
2010/10/08 13:23:00
boredgunner
Thanks for that...  
2010/10/08 13:30:31
robhall86
lol, now worries i did that more than once when i first found out about the site 
2010/10/08 14:49:25
danielxcloud
Definitely have this printed out on my desk for my Microcenter Fan buying extravaganza this weekend (or next.. whenever I have the money!)
2010/10/25 09:15:00
Ergotamine
i HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY x100000 Would suggest against Peformance-PC as your shopping source - when i had done business with them, over $1000 worth of products, they decided they would rather lose a customer than RMA and replace a bad product - they LITERALLY SAID TO ME - i asked my boss and he said he doesnt agree and would rather just lose the customer, when i replied and asked why the hell he would rather take that route - they responded with - "well, we've kinda already over-saturated the market"   so basically this company would rather give you the finger than good service...

BUT i have to give GREAT Credit to their managers and workers, who saw this was just WRONG and didnt agree with their boss and made sure to take care of me under the radar.... So things got solved, but the boss wanted to just screw me and make me reorder that $100 defunctional product from another vendor...

Really pissed me off at first, was just mind blown when i saw the final result.... companies like this should be shut down and their managers (the ones im speaking about that solved the problem) should own their own shop, i find it fkin SICK that companies work like this, look at NewEgg - atleast they keep quality customer service no matter how large they are....

NEWEGG FOR THE WIN! (and no im not a newegg worker/promoter, ive just never had a problem with them that wasnt solved Extreemly quickly and even given discounts for random problems that can be applied to my next order ect... i LOVE newegg...)

2010/12/04 13:13:59
mwparrish
so... this thread is about as awesome as it gets... for some reason though, i can't quite find the answer I need from it easily (due to my inherent lack of fan knowledge besides the basics)...

so, boredgunner, in your excellency, if one were replacing the Corsair H70 stock fans with ones that either generate more airflow through the rads or perform equally but quieter, OR BOTH (HA!) what would you recommend?

most swear by those YL D12SH-12's but I don't want to pull the trigger and do the work for no gain...

also, is there anyway we can find out what those stock H70 fans really are? i'm working the google angle now but haven't much time to give it at the moment... just curious!

thanks!
2010/12/04 13:37:59
boredgunner
I believe these are the stock H70 fans.  Your best bet would be to ask Corsair or ask on their forums though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200048&cm_re=rosewill_120mm-_-35-200-048-_-Product

They're decent performers but not the most quiet.  Some guy here swapped out the stock fans for a pair of Scythe GentleTyphoon AP-15s and got around the same temps but much less noise.  These will do what you wish... perform better without a noticeable noise increase, if any.  30 DBA for the stock fans is hard to believe considering they're 2000 RPM sleeve bearing fans...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705002&cm_re=panaflo_120mm-_-35-705-002-_-Product
2010/12/04 19:24:48
mwparrish
30 dba might be right... i had a CM R4 as my rear exhaust and that's (supposedly) a 19dba... my 580 is in the mid-50s at 85%... these seem to be somewhere in between... i disagree they're 30... maybe more  like 40... but there are two of them + the rad.

you're right, they're decent fans... not pretty, not quiet, but they work well. i wear headphones anyway when i game... i may just set the mobo PWM or wire them to my CM cases fan controller... someone on overclockers did that with great results.
2010/12/06 11:27:34
mwparrish
boredgunner

I believe these are the stock H70 fans.  Your best bet would be to ask Corsair or ask on their forums though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200048&cm_re=rosewill_120mm-_-35-200-048-_-Product

They're decent performers but not the most quiet.  Some guy here swapped out the stock fans for a pair of Scythe GentleTyphoon AP-15s and got around the same temps but much less noise.  These will do what you wish... perform better without a noticeable noise increase, if any.  30 DBA for the stock fans is hard to believe considering they're 2000 RPM sleeve bearing fans...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835705002&cm_re=panaflo_120mm-_-35-705-002-_-Product

Ah, finally dug something up!

Two fans are supplied with the H70 and are 120x120x25mm models. These fans are rated for 1600-2000RPM operation and this can be selected by the user through installation of the two step down adapters which are bundled with the unit. Corsair rates the fans at 50.35-61.2 CFM, 1.8-2.3mm H20 static pressure (each) and 26-31.5dBA of noise per fan. Each fan has a 3-pin connector and Corsair supply a cable to power these off a single 3-pin motherboard connector.

http://www.hardwareheaven...review-the-cooler.html

So they do actually give the static pressure on these (take the high numbers, I haven't throttled them.)

It looks like the Rosewill you linked to is quite similar but with a little more amperage to drive it; thus a slightly higher CFM. I'd imagine against a rad the extra 0.1 amps would keep the static pressure up a bit. Nice call.

The fan you linked to as a recommendation looks like it would do the trick - but the fact that it's 38mm vs 25mm is tough going because then I'd need brand new screws to mount them to the rad and case. The screws the Corsair H70 uses are much longer (little more than an inch or so) and thinner diameter (by perhaps 1/3) than the usual fan screws.

Anyway, thanks for input on this. I'll stop the threadjack! This is a great post. Well done!
2010/12/06 11:47:17
boredgunner
Meh, I don't consider it to be threadjacking.  Cooler Master BladeMasters (120mm x 25mm) actually have a static pressure rating of nearly 4 mmH20.  Those H70 fans have poor pressure if I do say so myself.  The thing is, the BladeMasters won't necessarily be quieter.  They too are 2000 RPM sleeve bearing fans.  However Cooler Master should be releasing their hydrostatic bearing BladeMasters - the ones included with the V6 and V6 GT.  But where are they...

The San Ace 9G1212H4011 (120mm x 25mm) has a 40 DBA rating with a static pressure of over 6 mmH20 if you're interested.

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_49&products_id=27970

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account