• Overclocking Lab
  • Benchmarking/Overclocking/Monitoring/Folding/System Peformance and Maintenance Software!!!
2010/08/23 20:04:50
hellsteel

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Decided to post an all in one list for those of you who are new to overclocking and testing or those who want to try additional softwear. Please note this list is completely free, and will cost nothing. This list is based on one thing "performance in general" which ranges from cleaning, ocing, testing, and maintenance. Folding was also added  for those of you who want to try it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Cleaning/Boosts:
  • CCleaner- (registry cleaning, history and cooking cleaning)CCleaner
  • Gamebooster- (Shuts down unnecessary services, while gaming example:windows aero) (increases memory and helps fps) (also can defrag games, which helps load)GameBooster
  • Defraggler- (Defrag program to boost speeds) Defraggler
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Overclocking/Monitoring
  • (GPU)Evga Oc scanner- (scans overclocks to test stability + more)Oc Scanner
  • (GPU)Evga precision- (Utility to overclock, and set fan profiles, temp monitor,scanner)Precision
  • (GPU)Msi Afterburner- (Similar to precision + voltage unlock)Afterburner
  • (CPU,GPU)Real Temp- (Great monitor for reading cpu and gpu temps + cpu clocks,sensor test)Real Temp
  • (CPU,GPU)HWMonitor- (Another tempature monitoring tool)HWMonitor
  • (CPU,POWERSUPPLY,MEMORY)Prime95- Top rated software for cpu stressing, for 100% load and stabilityPrime95
  • (CPU,Mem,power)Intel BurnTest- Similar to prime95 but different tests Intel Burn Test
  • (CPU,Mem)Linx- Another CPU/Ram stability tester. Linx
  • (MEMORY)Memtest- Softwear to test if your memory is stable in computer (Test ocs and new ram purchased). (non gpu)Memtest
  • (SysInfo-GPU)GPU-Z- GPU monitoring software, with temp charts, clock info, drivers, + much more. (all in one monitor for viewing ocs+ info)GPU-Z
  • (SysInfo-All)CPU-Z- All in one monitor, can be used to check cpu/ram/motherboard and graphic info. Mainly used to check cpu clock speed and memory frequencies.CPU-Z
  • (HardDrive)HDtune - Harddrive Monitoring softwear. HDTune
  • (HardDrive)CrystalDiskMark- HardDrive Read/Write Tests CrystalDiscMark
  • (Harddrive)Atto Benchmark- Disc Benchmark(speed) + bench raid features Atto Benchmark
  • (Voltage)Evga Eleet- Utility to change voltages on EVGA X58, P55* or H57/H55* Motherboards or EVGA GTX 480 Graphics CardEleet
  • Benchmarks:
  • Heavens Benchmark 2.1- Great benchmark for testing stability + 9-dx11 support Heavens Benchmark2.1
  • 3dMark+Vantage- Another great Benchmark tool (first try is free)3DMark Vantage
  • Final Fantasy XIV- New Benchmark DX9. XIV-Bench

• FPS Monitoring:(On Screen Displays)
  • Fraps: Video recording/Fps monitor (monitor is free) Fraps
  • Others: Precision comes with monitor, as does msi afterburner.
  • Bios:
  • Nvflash- Tool to flash bios (Only use if you know what you are doing)NvFlash
  • (Link to 400 series bios download) Bios
  • Spywear Removal:
  • SUPERAntiSpywear FreeEdition- Great free spywear removal program(and virus)(Daily updates)SuperAntiSpywear
  • Spybot-Search and Destroy- Another great free spywear removal Spybot
  • Malwarebytes- Another great removal tool Malwarebytes
  • Extra:
  • Windows 7 Tweaks(basic):- Win7
  • FireFox Tweaks- FireFox

Disclaimer:

I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies, i am merely just posting a list for you the user of these forums. I take no responsibility of misuse of the software provided. Always be cautious when overclocking and do so safely and properly. *Will add tutorial list later*

Note:

This was a quick list i decided to make, if you have any suggestions on what to add i will do so and update it frequently-
(thanks to all the people who already contributed as well)  This list is completely free, with the exception of two which have trials.

2010/08/23 20:12:09
dyno0919
Not exactly a necessity for gaming, but Defraggler is a great complement to CCleaner. It can also speed up your load times and whatnot if it's been an extremely long time since you've defragged. It's the best free defragging program IMO, better than the windows one for sure.
2010/08/23 20:13:41
Nex_Lupus
Spybot Search and Destroy is a great passive protection

Auslogics helps performance by not only defragging but optimizing too

Malwarebytes....need i say more?

Linx for your cpu overclock testing needs
2010/08/23 20:14:30
hellsteel
^ i was considering adding that, i may as well :) thanks.
2010/08/23 20:15:59
realmad37
Afterburner one of the best tools eva! You have to add on that one!
Rivatuner is also another great tool!
2010/08/23 20:17:24
hellsteel
I was going to add rivia tuner, but considering the new softwear from evga and msi i dont really see the need.
2010/08/23 20:20:15
realmad37
yeah I guess you're right rivatuner is kind of old school now but afterburner is a must have!
2010/08/23 20:20:47
dyno0919
Can't forget Afterburner ,
And btw, don't mean to point out the little things, but you misspelled software. 
2010/08/23 20:22:57
hellsteel
loll yes i spelled it wrong on the title but not inside the thread =/
2010/08/23 20:35:52
rjbelans
The folding files are the old ones. Most are using these three.

Win SMP for CPU - http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/FAH6.30-win32-SMP.zip

GPU3 for 400 series cards (works with all others too) - http://www.stanford.edu/~friedrim/.Folding@home-systray-632.msi

GPU2 for all other cards (does not work with 400s) - http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/Folding@home-Win32-GPU-systray-623.msi

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account