2024/07/07 05:17:30
theSlicefactor
I've been having glitches with my PC and I suspect my 3090 Ultra FTW3 is to blame. I sometimes get the screen going black for a few seconds then returning, or a complete crash and the PC restarts. Games freeze and 3D applications like modelling software crash while using the card to render. If I'm listening to music the sound will distort for a second while this happens. But sometimes I'll also hear the distortion when just listening to music and not doing anything graphics intensive at all. Restarting the PC helps in most cases but then the problems will come back again a few days later. Things like ctrl+shift+windows key+b doesn't have any effect. DDU also didn't help.
If I had another card I'd swap it out to see if the problems disappear but unfortunately I don't have access to one. Does this seem like a vram issue, or a different component? My card still has just under a year of warranty left but I'd rather know for sure it's the card before RMAing it.
2024/07/07 08:48:08
bdary
Have you tried a new certified DP or HDMI cable?  Maybe the cable you're using is failing.
2024/07/07 09:42:55
Sajin
A complete crash (black screen) followed by an automatic restart sounds like a power supply issue to me.
2024/07/07 12:31:26
Cpt.Derrek
bdary
Have you tried a new certified DP or HDMI cable?  Maybe the cable you're using is failing.

Plus one for possible bad cable, even a certified one can "wear out" if it's been flexed enough. I would try a new cable first.
2024/07/07 13:17:28
safan80
Can you pass furmark? Run that for two hours, if it reboots in that time You need to replace the power supply. Another way to check if its a power supply is by downloading occt and looping the cpu and GPU test together that for an hour or more, it should reboot your system 
2024/07/07 15:44:23
theSlicefactor
bdary

No I haven't tried that yet but I will. I hadn't considered an issue with the cable.
2024/07/07 15:46:45
theSlicefactor
Sajin
A complete crash (black screen) followed by an automatic restart sounds like a power supply issue to me.

This doesn't happen very often though. Usually it's just the audio distortion and programs crashing or freezing.
2024/07/07 16:03:48
theSlicefactor
safan80
Can you pass furmark? Run that for two hours, if it reboots in that time You need to replace the power supply. Another way to check if its a power supply is by downloading occt and looping the cpu and GPU test together that for an hour or more, it should reboot your system 

I'll give this a try.
2024/07/07 21:36:47
Sajin
theSlicefactor
Sajin

This doesn't happen very often though. Usually it's just the audio distortion and programs crashing or freezing.

If using HDMI try a different HDMI cable as already suggested. If you have the nvidia hd audio driver installed try uninstalling it to see if that makes a difference. To try and correct the crashing/freezing you could try underclocking the card to max negative values on the core & memory using msi afterburner to see if that might help.
2024/07/07 23:44:58
theSlicefactor
Sajin
theSlicefactor
Sajin

If using HDMI try a different HDMI cable as already suggested. If you have the nvidia hd audio driver installed try uninstalling it to see if that makes a difference. To try and correct the crashing/freezing you could try underclocking the card to max negative values on the core & memory using msi afterburner to see if that might help.

I've been using DP. I just swapped to a HDMI cable and I'm still hearing the distortion. I've also uninstalled precision X1 and tried Afterburner in case it was software related but that hasn't made a difference. Haven't tried underclocking but I was undervolting my card for a time to get lower temps but the issues were happening then as well. I stopped undervolting as certain programs and games would freeze.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account