2024/04/10 23:55:51
Gooner3
Good day. As stated, got 4 screens and all worked fine for a long time. Last week 1 screen started to act up, and after 5 sec it gave up. Thought i had a dead screen, so took 1 of gf's and presto, all ok again! Forward to yesterday, same thing with that screen, 5 sec white then all black. Tested both screens on other pc, they work fine. So it is gpu i assume. Ran tests, all ports works fine they say, all screens detected, yet 1 is not working. Changed hdmi cable, no difference. Updated driver, no difference.

Anyone got any idea what it might be? Or how to proceed with trying to find what is wrong?
2024/04/11 00:16:34
rjohnson11
Check this same GPU in another PC if you can to see if the problem is the GPU.
2024/04/11 09:13:07
Gooner3
rjohnson11
Check this same GPU in another PC if you can to see if the problem is the GPU.

Did that, jusr switched back. No change sadly. Will keep experimenting, this is frustrating.
2024/04/11 15:08:03
Sajin
Sounds like just a bad output on the gpu. Only way to fix that would be to rma, or maybe find someone who could repair that one output.
2024/04/11 17:39:48
Gooner3
Sajin
Sounds like just a bad output on the gpu. Only way to fix that would be to rma, or maybe find someone who could repair that one output.

Was afraid it might be that. DisplayFusion and Win10 both say the screen is there, so some kind of communication is going on. Got 1 more screen to test with, got to find a hdmi -> dvi first though.  So many boxes, so many cables...
2024/04/12 12:18:29
rjohnson11
Gooner3
Sajin

Was afraid it might be that. DisplayFusion and Win10 both say the screen is there, so some kind of communication is going on. Got 1 more screen to test with, got to find a hdmi -> dvi first though.  So many boxes, so many cables...

good luck
2024/04/12 13:45:42
Cool GTX
OS?

Nvidia Driver recently updated & which Driver is installed?

Brand of Monitors used & especially display 1080p, 1440p, 4K ....???

Anyone step on the video cable or other know reason that the display port might be physically damaged?

Using Certified DP cables?  (Certified does not have to be Expensive )

--> Some cheaper, non-certified cables could have grounding issues, that has been reported to kill GPU outputs ports before.

How to Choose a DisplayPort Cable, and Not Get a Bad One! - DisplayPort

Nvidia 3060Ti specs

Maximum Digital Resolution (1) 7680x4320
2024/04/13 01:43:26
Gooner3
Cool GTX
OS?

Nvidia Driver recently updated & which Driver is installed?

Brand of Monitors used & especially display 1080p, 1440p, 4K ....???

Anyone step on the video cable or other know reason that the display port might be physically damaged?

Using Certified DP cables?  (Certified does not have to be Expensive )

--> Some cheaper, non-certified cables could have grounding issues, that has been reported to kill GPU outputs ports before.

Maximum Digital Resolution (1) 7680x4320

Hi!

Running Win10. And you are touching on a matter i have been thinking of a bit. Updates. Am running the latest, but IIRC i updated like a week before trouble started. Will try to DL an older version and see if that help. For some strange reason i can't do a rollback..

2x BenQ 27" + 1x Philips 27" ( all 3 1920x1080 @60 ) , 1x AOC 32" (2560x1440 "60 ). The 3 working is on DP, the one that mess with me is HDMI ( one of the BenQ ). Cable good, changed twice while testing. And yes, am aware of the fact i've been using more than i should as to resolution. Read up on it, and everywhere it said it is all fine. Am i wrong in that?

2024/04/13 05:15:37
Cool GTX
Gooner3

Hi!

Running Win10. And you are touching on a matter i have been thinking of a bit. Updates. Am running the latest, but IIRC i updated like a week before trouble started. Will try to DL an older version and see if that help. For some strange reason i can't do a rollback..

2x BenQ 27" + 1x Philips 27" ( all 3 1920x1080 @60 ) , 1x AOC 32" (2560x1440 "60 ). The 3 working is on DP, the one that mess with me is HDMI ( one of the BenQ ). Cable good, changed twice while testing. And yes, am aware of the fact i've been using more than i should as to resolution. Read up on it, and everywhere it said it is all fine. Am i wrong in that?

A little belated: but,  Welcome to the EVGA Forums & Congrats on your first thread

7680x4320 .... once you go past that you are in unsupported territory - I'm not sure if Nvidia would take action to a "bug report"

Game Ready Driver Release Notes (v552.12)

Control Panel User's Guide
2024/04/14 10:22:14
Gooner3
Cool GTX

A little belated: but,  Welcome to the EVGA Forums & Congrats on your first thread

7680x4320 .... once you go past that you are in unsupported territory - I'm not sure if Nvidia would take action to a "bug report"

Thanks!

Yes, I will not report as bug or do a ticket. Just wanted to see if anyone had any idea 'what and why'. Downloaded an old driver, will test it out in a few days. Gonna use a driver from 2021
Very well aware that the fault is mine.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account