2024/05/05 09:21:13
donta1979
badboy64
How do you guys cut these pads to down to size of the gpu and cpu? I am gonna redo 2 of my watercooled computer systems next weekend.

I used an x-acto knife, I used painters tape on the gpu die itself because you cannot take proper measurements at least on mine due to the caps in the way without a caliper. Large piece of blue painters tape X-acto knife to cut around the die gently, peel off place on Honeywell ptm7950 pad as a cutting template stencil, use x-acto Knife with a ruler to help keep a straight line, apply it to the gpu die, toss my air cooler back on and done.
2024/05/12 07:45:52
badboy64
I got it setup in one of my computer with my eVga 3090Ti and i9-14900KF with these pads on both cpu and gpu. I have both my cpu and gpu with waterblocks installed on them. Temps are almost the same as before but don't rise in temps as quickly with regular paste on them before. Is there a cure time for these pads in which temps start to go lower? It took me a total 6 hours from start to finish to it up and running. I will be doing my 2nd computer this weekend with MSI 4090 and i9-14900KS. I had to stick the pads in my refrigerator for about a hour before applying them to the cpu and gpu.
2024/05/12 09:45:20
Sajin
badboy64
I got it setup in one of my computer with my eVga 3090Ti and i9-14900KF with these pads on both cpu and gpu. I have both my cpu and gpu with waterblocks installed on them. Temps are almost the same as before but don't rise in temps as quickly with regular paste on them before. Is there a cure time for these pads in which temps start to go lower? It took me a total 6 hours from start to finish to it up and running. I will be doing my 2nd computer this weekend with MSI 4090 and i9-14900KS. I had to stick the pads in my refrigerator for about a hour before applying them to the cpu and gpu.

Mine seemed to be good to go after the first 15 minute burn in at 576w.
2024/05/13 08:44:48
donta1979
badboy64

You may need to lower your fans and pump speeds to really get it to bake properly at an accelerated rate. Hardware needs to exceed 45c and stay well above 45c to bake & cure properly, the more heat the better. It's what it was designed for and around after all. Like on my AIO cooled cpu and vapor chambered gpu it has been amazing.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account