2024/01/09 23:45:06
MSim
It's sad how many companies show no loyalty to long time customers. They never say oh you been a customer for 8-12 years, here's a special deal for you supporting our company for so long.  
Soon as our Cable contract is up, were going to ditch cable internet for fiber. Same price were paying for 500/10 we can get 500/500. 

2024/01/10 00:30:06
rjohnson11
As a consumer you should always look for the best deal. 
2024/01/16 19:19:20
Nereus

Our cable provider managed to screw up our internet service since removing cable TV. Trying to deal with their brain dead reps is incredibly frustrating - the level of incompetence is bewildering. A week later we are still running on degraded internet service when it should not have been touched at all, and they seem incapable of fixing it or even comprehending there's a problem. Very likely going to switch to a different provider and go fiber optic. Just lucky that we have a choice.

2024/01/16 21:04:25
ty_ger07
Nereus
For about US$135/month I can get a fiber connection (940Mbps down & up) with no TV, but the fiber network is only connected as far as outside our apartment door, they then have to wire up the inside, and after seeing the ugly mess they made in my neighbor's apartment... no thanks. Maybe some time in the future if I can do the wiring myself.

Fiber doesn't use wires. It is optical.  I wonder what mess they made.  All they need is to give you a single fiber cable to a little box that they provide; and that box has a wall wart power adapter that plugs into a standard outlet.  From there, it's just your normal ethernet cable and router that you provide.  It looks just like any other internet connection, except it is an optical cable instead of a coax cable or phone line.

I can't imagine having cable 10 years ago.
2024/01/16 21:27:18
Nereus
ty_ger07
Nereus
For about US$135/month I can get a fiber connection (940Mbps down & up) with no TV, but the fiber network is only connected as far as outside our apartment door, they then have to wire up the inside, and after seeing the ugly mess they made in my neighbor's apartment... no thanks. Maybe some time in the future if I can do the wiring myself.

Fiber doesn't use wires. It is optical.  I wonder what mess they made.  All they need is to give you a single fiber cable to a little box that they provide; and that box has a wall wart power adapter that plugs into a standard outlet.  From there, it's just your normal ethernet cable and router that you provide.  It looks just like any other internet connection, except it is an optical cable instead of a coax cable or phone line.

I can't imagine having cable 10 years ago.

I realize fiber is fiber and not coax or anything else. When I say "do the wiring myself" I mean the SC/APC cable and channel through walls and back of a closet etc, so when the installer comes out he basically just has to connect to the green headers at each end (it's APC not UPC for Verizon). There's a demarcation point outside our apartment door, directly above the door frame. I'd run from there to our home office and then hook up my router (ASUS RT-AX86U / AX5700) from there.

When they installed my neighbors fiber, it looked like someone handed a staple gun to an 8 year old and said "go for it" and pointed in a random direction. This is a relatively new construction apartment building so it looked really bad. Worked fine, just the aesthetics...

2024/01/18 06:12:38
GTXJackBauer
Same thing happened here.  No promotions existed and it was pulling hair trying to get a hold of a Xfinity rep on the phone for one, and two, that I can barely understand.  A few of them lied to me that they signed me up to a new affordable contract but didn't realize I never got the digital contract via text to approve/sign but by the time I realized this, I was duped by two reps two different times. lol

I finally cut the cord and kept their internet where they had a promotion for 1 Gig internets which was nice.  Ended up getting hulu + live TV, peacock since it comes with the internet free and amazon, since I'm a prime member but mainly use Hulu + Live TV and Youtube.

Cutting the cord basically saved us lots and gave us more options.

I will say, many from different regions had the same complaints about the price hike and no promotions as if they're purposely trying to price us away from the cord and go with streaming.  I understand the old way of cable TV has more costs involved, fees, etc., etc.
2024/01/18 11:30:12
yodap

Nereus

Very likely going to switch to a different provider and go fiber optic. Just lucky that we have a choice.

Not having that choice sucks in the biggest possible way. Just Spectrum here and maybe Verizon DSL but not sure if that’s a thing any more. No optical here. Our street is a cellular dead zone as well. 
30 miles from the state capitol and 6 miles from a very popular city and all we have is a $250 monthly nut with no choice.
Oh yes, and Spectrum’s reps are real good at the “lie and deny” game too.
2024/01/18 17:09:31
Chrome-M-Dragon
All I can say is Yar me matey... Cable is too expensive, streaming services just to get a good mix of new and old is getting to be just as expensive (price on internet connection plus Hulu, plus Netflix, plus Disney+ etc needed to get good shows). And the way that companies are trying to say that buying a game don't mean you own that game... Well. As the meme says...
2024/01/20 02:58:07
Hoggle
I cut the cable after realizing that the main way I was watching tv anyway was streaming. Now I am more focused on what shows and movies come out to different services and I will do a month or two then cancel them. My go to has been Prime, Netflix and Disney/Hulu bundle since I like Marvel and Star Wars shows.

I do agree that free TV even with commercials is ok since it's free and has some good shows. I found out Hasbro put up all the old G.I. Joe cartoons on Youtube and watched them with ads since it kind of gave it a feeling of being a kid and watching them. Unfortunately the ads don't run during the breaks in the show for them which would have been great if it did.
2024/01/25 05:04:06
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
Three years ago, i searched for the cheapest Mobile Plan/ Plus Good Support and "Tello" seemed the best to go with.

1GB Data + Unlimited mins + Free Text = $9.00 + Tax = $10.13 per month. (Original they said $10.00 per month including tax... no activation or anything... and it was for at least two years... but something caused it to jump up 13 cents per month last year. lol i never researched why.)

After 10 years of $70+ and evidentially $55+ for three years to AT&T... WAT A RELIEF!!!

And it has worked perfect. (Note: "Tello" uses T-Mobile Towers.)

Plus u can adjust monthly Data amount, if need be, though their App. U can increase Data one month, and reduce Data back down, the next.

When speaking to their Support, they spoke better English than any support ever. Voice Connection was as perfect as could be. And they explained everything about using the card they sent me (never done it myself) and how to tell AT&T to end service so i wouldn't get charged an additional month. (I spoke to at least 5 support ppl at "Tello" in two days -- because i'm always so inquisitive when it comes to new things.)

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account