2024/01/03 11:15:30
bill1024
Like the title says would you guys like to get involved in a Folding competition in Jan 2024 between TATT and [H]ard OCP
They have a challenge every year between the two teams and are thinking of opening it up to more teams to make it more interesting.
They like to do it near the end of Jan. so not to interfere with the PG TDP that goes on for the month of February. 
I would like to do it and fire up a few folding rigs. They have the system in place and I don't think there is a whole lot for us to do but say yes and fire up some boxes. Most of the folders don't have to do anything but keep folding, well maybe fire up another rig and do a few CPU tasks to help. Every little bit helps. 
So, what say you, any interest?
2024/01/03 17:22:32
Cool GTX
sounds good
2024/01/03 18:13:51
troy8d
I can't definitively commit at the moment, but am certainly interested!
2024/01/03 19:50:13
notfordman
I'm interested. Folding anyway. 

Is there a link for info? 
2024/01/03 21:37:35
bill1024
Well it's being thrown together now, they have been doing it for a few years and thought opening it up may gain more interest.
Seems there may be an issue with stats, but as far as I am concerned it doesn't have to be fancy.
Pick a day and time to start, not each teams total points and on the end day note the teams total points.
Subtract one from the other and get the total points in said time frame and the team with the most points wins.
It's for science and a little fun as far as I am concerned. Yeah hourly stats are nice but I am not that picky.
I can do math, start with xxxx and have yyyy now, its not that hard. 
Here is the thread at [H] https://hardforum.com/threads/annual-h-vs-taat-folding-home-bigadv-eol-5th-anniversary-challenge.2032553/
I haven't been to TAAts page to look yet. I have been a little busy with people sick for the holidays (Covid) and now I have a dang toothache. 
But yeah I was asked to see if there's interest, I said I'll ask, but it sounds good to me, so far a few sounds good.
I'll give it a day or so and say sure, unless several people chime in and say heck no.

The days of the Chimp challenge and other competitions was a lot of fun.

2024/01/03 22:46:10
Opolis
I'm in.
2024/01/04 00:59:25
rjohnson11
I wish I could participate but with energy prices like they are my wife and I have to concern funds. Good luck to all. 
2024/01/04 04:55:31
yodap
I can’t go all in but would participate to some extent. If a ppd estimate is needed, let us know.
2024/01/04 06:50:40
kerryd
Wish I could but do not think running a 980 ti is worth it .
2024/01/04 08:21:13
bill1024
From the [H] thread:
OK...so I think we have decided all teams interested can let us know and join in. We will send a few invites out but I honestly don't know how big of an interest it will be so if anyone wants a team to join in, spread the word. We will be doing this Jan. 24th to the 31st. No sign up page or individual sign up necessary but we would like someone from the team to at least come in and say sign us up so that we know to pull your teams stats. That is basically it. pututu correct me if I'm wrong but you said you wanted to start at 12:00 UTC time correct?
The answer was yes 12:00 UTC to start.

So I will post in their thread yes sign us up. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account