2023/08/01 09:31:53
EVGATech_AlexH

Introducing the EVGA SuperNOVA FTW Series – The power supply designed to support up to 235% total power excursion and up to 300% GPU power excursion. It features an advanced thermal protection circuit has been added to the 12VHPWR PCIe connector on the PSU side. This circuit serves to safeguard both your power supply and graphics card. The EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W/850W Gold FTW Series gives you the peace of mind to push your system to the limits.

To learn more, visit https://www.evga.com/articles/01600/evga-ftw-psu/
2023/08/01 10:08:48
Sajin
Any plans for a 1300w?
2023/08/01 11:43:01
rjohnson11
This is excellent. 
2023/08/01 11:55:10
B0baganoosh
For those wondering the difference between this and the XC (as I was and just spent the time looking so you don't have to):

It appears to be the same as XC version plus a "Smart Thermal Protection" feature on the 12VHPWR connector at the PSU side and it allows a little bit more of a total power excursion (235% vs. 200%, GPU excursion is the same).

Edit: as an aside, I don't see any extra pins or anything for their 12VHPWR cable and they specifically say "on the PSU side", so I'm assuming they have a thermistor in the PSU and it won't detect an over-temperature situation on the GPU side at all. This is, as said, an assumption though, so I'd be interested to see if that's wrong and they've come up with something very clever.
2023/08/01 22:46:05
NordicJedi
Unless things changed, the thermistor is only on the PSU-side.  Wires get hot eventually on both sides, and that's where the main feature comes in to play.  Otherwise, there could be limitations on what cables you could use with this feature, and leaving it on the PSU side means you can use your third party cables (although "not officially supported") without losing the feature.

I would say that the FTW and XC are more than just slightly different power supplies.  I think these will review well when review sites get their hands on one. 
2023/08/02 06:11:00
B0baganoosh
NordicJedi
[snip]
I would say that the FTW and XC are more than just slightly different power supplies.  I think these will review well when review sites get their hands on one. 

They may be, but to clarify, I was only referencing the stated specifications/features. Those are the only stated differences. The performance on things like voltage spikes, noise suppression, etc. may be different. I wouldn't pass any good/bad judgement for any power supply without a review.
2023/08/02 06:53:49
utopia
3 year warranty, what are you doing evga?
These are DOA.
2023/08/02 09:46:42
EVGATech_AlexH
The thermal protection circuit has been added to the 12VHPWR PCIe
connector on the PSU side. If the 12VHPWR cable is not correctly
connected to the PSU 12VHPWR PCIe connector, the circuit will activate
protection when temperature anomalies are detected. Additionally, the
rating wattage of 12VHPWR is 600W. If the Graphic card draws
overcurrent during heavy load, the circuit will also activate
protection when temperature anomalies are detected by 12VHPWR PCIe
connector on PSU.

One of the other benefits of the FTW series PSU is the transformer, LLC/PFC/SR
MOSFETs and main capacitors are optimized and higher-graded than XC.
2023/08/02 10:05:31
B0baganoosh
EVGATech_AlexH
One of the other benefits of the FTW series PSU is the transformer, LLC/PFC/SR
MOSFETs and main capacitors are optimized and higher-graded than XC.

Thanks for the details, Alex. That ^ would explain the 23% increase in total power excursion rating. 
2023/08/03 08:23:40
Stardust_One
Only 3 years of warranty?

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account