2024/01/19 12:03:53
Ryanz27
ObscureEmpyre
Ryanz27
Man. What a huge bummer. Especially after they said they would do a bios update. :(. EVGA was always my favorite company for PC stuff. It’s sucks seeing what happened to them.

That it does. I’ve had the best experience with EVGA compared with other brands when it comes to support and RMAs. I’m still using a Z690 Classified, as I mentioned, as well as a 3080 Ti FTW3, and I have absolutely no idea who to go with when it comes to GPUs particularly going forward. Heck, I’ve been using EVGA cards exclusively since 2011. Oh well. First world problems I guess.

I hear ya. I’m currently using a EVGA PSU, GPU, Motherboard, and Keyboard. I’ve never used a GPU from another brand before. Eventually when I decide to upgrade I will likely go with ASUS now probably. From what I’ve read they are pretty good.
2024/01/19 12:10:18
ObscureEmpyre
Ryanz27
ObscureEmpyre
Ryanz27
Man. What a huge bummer. Especially after they said they would do a bios update. :(. EVGA was always my favorite company for PC stuff. It’s sucks seeing what happened to them.

That it does. I’ve had the best experience with EVGA compared with other brands when it comes to support and RMAs. I’m still using a Z690 Classified, as I mentioned, as well as a 3080 Ti FTW3, and I have absolutely no idea who to go with when it comes to GPUs particularly going forward. Heck, I’ve been using EVGA cards exclusively since 2011. Oh well. First world problems I guess.

I hear ya. I’m currently using a EVGA PSU, GPU, Motherboard, and Keyboard. I’ve never used a GPU from another brand before. Eventually when I decide to upgrade I will likely go with ASUS now probably. From what I’ve read they are pretty good.

Ha! Forgot to mention my EVGA PSU(s). And as far as Asus is concerned, I’ve had bad experiences with just about every product of theirs I’ve used, and their RMA service is nothing to write home about. Personally, I may go with Gigabyte or MSI going forward. I’ve had issues with them or their stuff as well, hence why I went with EVGA, but nothing’s been as bad for me as Asus when it comes to PC components.
2024/01/19 12:10:30
Flybye
I feel the same, I’ve had EVGA motherboards for over a decade and GPUs for even longer. I have zero clue to who to be dedicated to next. One of these days the forums will shut down with zero heads up, and I won’t even be surprised. Pre-2023 EVGA will be well remembered and all the great people on these forums.
2024/02/28 15:38:34
cdc-951
My bank is processing the charge back. I am even offering EVGA that I will pay for shipping the board back. I do not want this anymore and my 2 out of 3 of my bios chips are even defective/ PC refuses to boot. This is terrible.... First board had issues with the PCIE lanes not working in full bandwidth and now this.. I am done with EVGA begging them in the forums. Sent my bank all the evidence they need. 
2024/03/14 17:49:23
Solaris17
Talon2020
gungstar
Talon2020
 I think it's the old Intel ME that is the hang up here. I know that newer BIOS require newer Intel ME firmware, so we might just need to flash the updated Intel ME first in order to get it to POST. At least on Asus boards it will update the Intel ME when you do a newer BIOS update if required, EVGA doesn't update the ME with their BIOS updates. I was thinking doing the Intel ME update last night but got busy with other stuff. 

I may need to go back and take a look tonight to see which microcode the BIOS attempt to load as default. Maybe it always attempts to load the newest for the CPUsignature B0671 and without the supported ME were hitting a show stopper. 

looks like this ME version is compatible - 16.1.30.2264

Yea, I've personally decided to wait on updating the Intel ME until EVGA updates it on their own or the BIOS. Looking at the different BIOS switches it appears that Intel ME firmware does not change based on the BIOS switch. So it's stored in a different chip? I didn't know that, I always thought it was apart of the BIOS chip itself but apparently not. And given you can't downgrade Intel ME firmware, I don't want to be stuck with a non-reversible issue. 

Do you have a link to that bios?

Found the post on OCN its here:

https://drive.google.com/...5KgD65TMQvqK_nRKC/view
2024/03/19 18:12:58
quadlatte
Flybye
I feel the same, I’ve had EVGA motherboards for over a decade and GPUs for even longer. I have zero clue to who to be dedicated to next. One of these days the forums will shut down with zero heads up, and I won’t even be surprised. Pre-2023 EVGA will be well remembered and all the great people on these forums.

Ive been on a EVGA MB since my 780i board on 775, they were always well supported and rock solid, and of the 10 evga boards ive had not a single one died and held value, same with their GPU's, i have a still working eVGA TNT2 i use from time to time in a retro rig ( and at least 1 of every gen nvidia card since the Riva 128, still missing a geforce 256 and NV1 ) and more of evga's other product that i care to count ( its over 200 right now lol ) so i was a huge fan of their products and in my wildest dreams i never thought i would see this, once i swap my Z690 classy for a MSI meg ace my main system will be with out one single evga part for the first time since 1999 ( well i will still have the Z20 keyboard and X17 mouse ) it is a sad time for sure. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account