2023/06/05 00:46:54
NJMike
I have had an EVGA 1070 FTW since December and I was always able to use LED Sync without any problem. Now as of last week, it stopped working entirely. In both Precision XOC and X1, the LED Sync button is non-clickable. I have tried opening the LED Sync .exe standalone by itself, which allows me to make changes, but it does not show my GPU and none of these changes I make within it and apply are reflected on my GPU's LED.

I have tried deleting everything and re-download from scratch, I have tried rebooting my PC, I have tried other third-party software (i.e. OpenRGB, NVIDIA's LED software), but nothing changes.

I am using the latest GeForce Experience driver which is from May 30th. Could the GPU driver be affecting this and causing the program to no longer work?
2023/06/05 00:59:15
rjohnson11
Are you located in North America or Europe?
2023/06/05 02:29:54
NJMike
rjohnson11
Are you located in North America or Europe?

I am in North America.
2023/06/05 02:59:11
transdogmifier
I am betting he's in New Jersey..heh

Regardless....I would try using DDU in safe mode, removing the driver...and reinstalling the previous driver and see if it works.

Download it from Guru3D ...boot into safe mode...run it and remove the NV driver.

https://www.guru3d.com/fi...nstaller-download.html
2023/06/05 08:21:32
bdary
transdogmifier

Regardless....I would try using DDU in safe mode, removing the driver...and reinstalling the previous driver and see if it works.

Download it from Guru3D ...boot into safe mode...run it and remove the NV driver.

https://www.guru3d.com/fi...nstaller-download.html

I agree with the above here but would add one thing.  Don't install GFE when you install the driver after DDU'ing.  See how things work.  If everything is fine again you can install GFE again if you really need it.  -> https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/download/

2023/06/05 17:44:30
NJMike
Thank you everyone for the help, I will have to try this when I get home from work. I've never DDU'd before as I never really had GPU driver issues, so I'm hoping I won't screw anything up or create more problems in the wake.

That all said, can anyone provide me with a download link for the latest Nvidia driver right before the May 30th one? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their site because it lists drivers from 5+ years ago only.

Also, a quick side thing, but I cannot delete some of my Precision XOC files because it keeps saying they are already in use, and I cannot find where even after I've scoured everything and even rebooted my PC. Not even ending explorer.exe and using the "del file" or "rmid /s /q" command in command prompt could delete the files because it said access denied. Any help here as well?
2023/06/05 20:09:40
NJMike
transdogmifier

I am back from DDU'ing in Safe Mode and installed the last previous driver from the current, it did not fix the issue. It's as if nothing ever happened.
2023/06/05 22:13:50
NJMike
UPDATE: I turns out all I had to do was install a much older version of PX1 (Version 0.3.19.0) and the LED Sync button is now selectable and not only that, the LED Sync also recognizes my GPU this time. Although I don't ever use PX, I deleted it and kept the LED Sync software. I have it working fine right now, here's to hoping it won't break again.
2023/06/06 06:33:33
bdary
Good to hear you found a work around.
2023/06/06 15:43:10
NJMike
bdary
Good to hear you found a work around.

I suppose it was just on EVGA's software's end; perhaps something with my driver wasn't liking that version of LED Sync or something.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account