2023/05/11 05:32:18
rjohnson11
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/f1_23_will_only_support_vr_on_pc_-_no_psvr_2_support_is_planned/1

If you want to play F1 23 in VR, you will need a PC
F1 23 is coming to PC and consoles on June 16th, and on PC the game will launch with day-1 support for both VR and ray tracing on PC. When asked by Upload VR, EA confirmed that F1 23 will not support PlayStation VR 2 (PSVR 2), Oculus Quest 2, or any other VR platform outside of PC. If you want to play F1 23 in virtual reality, you will need a gaming PC and a compatible VR headset. At this time, it is unknown why EA does not plan to support VR on platforms outside of PC with F1 23. Sony's PlayStation 5 console and PSVR 2 headset are certainly powerful enough to run the game in VR, though it is likely that EA did not want to invest in PlayStation VR 2 support before they saw what the launch sales were like for the headset. Simply put, EA probably did not want to invest in an unproven platform. Perhaps F1 24 will feature PSVR 2 support? 

Like other recent F1 series games, F1 23 is designed to be highly scalable, supporting both low-end hardware configurations and high-end gaming setups. F1 23 aims to offer visuals that will be able to tax ultra-high-end gaming systems, while also having settings that will allow the game to run on modest PC gaming configurations. 
With the below system requirements, EA has confirmed the level of hardware that PC gamers will need to play F1 23 in VR.

MINIMUM:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i3-2130 or AMD FX 4300 | For VR: Intel Core i5-9600k or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti or AMD RX 470 | For Ray Tracing: GeForce RTX 2060 or Radeon RX 6700 XT | For VR: NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti or AMD RX 590 | Driver NVIDIA 522.25 or AMD 23.2.1
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 80 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
VR Support: Keyboard and mouse required
RECOMMENDED:
Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
Processor: Intel Core i5 9600K or AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
Memory: 16 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti or AMD RX 590 | For Ray Tracing: GeForce RTX 3070 or Radeon RX 6800 | For VR: NVIDIA RTX 2070 or AMD RX 6700 XT | Driver NVIDIA 528.49 or AMD 23.2.1
DirectX: Version 12
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 80 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
VR Support: Keyboard and mouse required

This sounds very interesting. 
2023/05/11 22:40:39
Brad_Hawthorne
For the love of god, Codemasters needs to quit retreading this title every single year. Make one every 5 years please. Why do we need to rebuy a variation of the same game yearly?
2023/05/12 04:57:22
Hoggle
Brad_Hawthorne
For the love of god, Codemasters needs to quit retreading this title every single year. Make one every 5 years please. Why do we need to rebuy a variation of the same game yearly?

I agree that it's probably not got the same fan base as like Madden to need a yearly update and instead would be better to do a every two year release. I am sure they could DLC 2024. 

As for not having Playstation VR support it's kind of a missed opportunity since they knew it was going to be soon after release and to have a PSVR 2 title when the selection is thin would have been ideal to market off of. That said though I think a lot of gamers into driving are happy to have Grand Turismo 7 have VR support which really looks great.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account