2023/05/11 01:58:40
rjohnson11
https://www.techpowerup.com/308468/grand-theft-auto-vi-being-made-on-a-multi-billion-dollar-budget

Grand Theft Auto VI (GTA 6) could go down in history as the most expensive game production ever, with Rockstar Games pooling in anywhere between $1-2 billion. The open-world crime RPG is said to have the biggest map ever in the history of the franchise, with the most content (missions), and room for a vast multiplayer experience teetering on MMORPG. It is said to take gamers back to Vice City, the iconic setting that made GTA globally popular. The big budget could also mean Rockstar could rope in triple-A Hollywood actors to play key characters in the single-player campaign, as well as be playable characters in the multiplayer. Rockstar could also target nearly every gaming platform out there, spanning Windows PC, PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X/S, and possibly even handhelds.

That is a huge amount of money to build a video game. 

2023/05/14 18:49:58
cesarx
diggin' it
2023/05/16 08:29:49
transdogmifier
i'm pretty much over giving 75+ dollars for a digital game.

Give me install media (USB thumb drive) and the ability to play offline, or forget it.
So I probably won't be playing this ....or much else...

2023/05/18 02:58:52
Hoggle
transdogmifier
i'm pretty much over giving 75+ dollars for a digital game.

Give me install media (USB thumb drive) and the ability to play offline, or forget it.
So I probably won't be playing this ....or much else...

I can understand this but I don't mind as much with Steam since I can play pretty much my whole Steam library and not have an issue with them running. Physical isn't a big problem for me on PC since I haven't lost anything unlike with Playstation and Xbox which can just decide a game is no longer available or no backwards compatibility for the next generation and I lose what I bought. I have also noticed that games have got a lot longer. It used to be games were 6-10 hours and now I can play a game for 20-30 hours and for those I don't mind paying $70 for the experience. That said I would be upset to pay $70 for a game that only has a storyline that is under 10 hours but I don't think GTA VI is that kind of game. People bought GTA V a decade ago and are still playing it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account