2023/05/06 18:15:29
kaptanedi
electric surge hello, I'm open to any ideas. system specs 13900k z690 kp 2x3090 ftw3 two 1600p2 and t2 available. strange things are happening. When the 1600t2 is plugged into the system, if I plug the system into the wall socket, the lights of the house will decrease and then increase, its lamps tend to dim and straighten. When I check it in overclocking attempts, it instantly draws 1350 watts and suddenly the system may shut down. Also, when I checked the CPU slot, I saw that one CPU pin changed color and the tip of the pin was black. After all this, I inserted the t2 and plugged the p2, there was no electrical fluctuation. I kept all the other components the same, only the psu has changed. no pins burnt. this may cause
2023/05/07 01:33:52
rjohnson11
I'll ask you to contact EVGA tech support ASAP. Try a different power socket outlet that is NOT on the same circuit as the previous power socket. 
2023/05/07 02:58:19
Hoggle
I agree that I would be contacting EVGA since I could see the 1600W being able to pull enough power to dim the lights or possible flip a breaker the system that would do that would be pretty much some mining GPU rig with multiple cards or a system with a lot of hard drives. I guess I should say that when it's first powered on it could draw enough power to dim them briefly as the PSU gets ready to go but that would be very brief the real issue though is the discoloration of the pin.
2023/05/09 20:56:30
Sajin
Sounds like you got yourself a bad T2. Rma it.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account