2023/08/18 12:17:37
nlodeserto
no, any kind of update.
i paid more than 1k€ this board, i'm very disappointed.

2023/08/19 14:23:22
mmomega
somebody go leak that final final bios. i'll guinea pig it. 
2023/08/19 17:51:49
nlodeserto
probably there's nothing to leak
2023/08/22 14:37:29
Kos72
CHE VERGOGNA, VEDERE CHE SU Z790 KINGPIN, evga SI E' ARRENATA, E NULLA DI NUOVO TRAPELA, MI FA PENTIRE MOLTO DI AVER SPESO I MIEI SOLDI PER UNA SCHEDA MADRE GIA' DEFUNTA. CHE SCHIFO.

2023/08/23 00:20:30
Mienko
Kos72
CHE VERGOGNA, VEDERE CHE SU Z790 KINGPIN, evga SI E' ARRENATA, E NULLA DI NUOVO TRAPELA, MI FA PENTIRE MOLTO DI AVER SPESO I MIEI SOLDI PER UNA SCHEDA MADRE GIA' DEFUNTA. CHE SCHIFO.

Mi scuso per il mio scarso traduttore di Google. Non ho mai imparato l'italiano. Detto questo, anche se non avremo mai più un aggiornamento del bios, la scheda è comunque un'ottima scheda z790 (se non la migliore). In fin dei conti, gli aggiornamenti del BIOS sono una di quelle cose in cui "se non è rotto, non aggiustarlo". Capisco perfettamente che la maggior parte di noi ha acquistato la scheda K|ngp|n per spingersi oltre e pasticciare costantemente, ma per l'uso quotidiano è comunque un'ottima scheda in grado di gestire la maggior parte della RAM lanciata. Basta non abbatterti per questo. :-)

In English:
Apologies for my poor Google translate.  Never learned Italian.  That said, even if we never get another bios update, the board is still a great z790 board (if not the best).  At the end of the day, BIOS updates are one of those things where "if it's not broke, don't fix it."  Completely get that most of us bought the K|ngp|n board to push the envelope and constantly mess with it, but for day to day use it's still a great board that can handle most of the RAM thrown at it.  Just don't beat yourself up about it.  :-)

2023/08/23 03:36:03
rgarodnick
I think the concern is that while other z790 motherboards either have already or are getting a bios update for 14th gen in October, EVGA's boards aren't.
2023/08/23 04:30:31
Ravenmaster
rgarodnick
I think the concern is that while other z790 motherboards either have already or are getting a bios update for 14th gen in October, EVGA's boards aren't.

Yup. Asus have just announced a couple of Z790 motherboards for the 14th gen CPU refresh. The Rog Maximus Dark Hero will come with 14th gen support right out the box and has that nice PCI-E latch for the GPU socket. Also has one Gen 5 M.2 NVME socket on the board with a meaty heatsink. Might switch to that one and flip my Z790 Dark Kingpin on ebay if it doesn't see a BIOS update before October.
2023/08/24 07:22:15
nlodeserto
Mienko
Kos72

Mi scuso per il mio scarso traduttore di Google. Non ho mai imparato l'italiano. Detto questo, anche se non avremo mai più un aggiornamento del bios, la scheda è comunque un'ottima scheda z790 (se non la migliore). In fin dei conti, gli aggiornamenti del BIOS sono una di quelle cose in cui "se non è rotto, non aggiustarlo". Capisco perfettamente che la maggior parte di noi ha acquistato la scheda K|ngp|n per spingersi oltre e pasticciare costantemente, ma per l'uso quotidiano è comunque un'ottima scheda in grado di gestire la maggior parte della RAM lanciata. Basta non abbatterti per questo. :-)

In English:
Apologies for my poor Google translate.  Never learned Italian.  That said, even if we never get another bios update, the board is still a great z790 board (if not the best).  At the end of the day, BIOS updates are one of those things where "if it's not broke, don't fix it."  Completely get that most of us bought the K|ngp|n board to push the envelope and constantly mess with it, but for day to day use it's still a great board that can handle most of the RAM thrown at it.  Just don't beat yourself up about it.  :-)

Are you joking?
a Z790 board MUST be compatible with gen14, there will not be a z890

and this is a 1k€ z790 board, this is just UNACCEPTABLE.

I know that a lot of fanboy here would forgive anything to evga, but not this please.

ps:
not to mention the rest of the SW/FW/Drivers support that never was.
it's just a shame.

pps: just for the records: ANY other Z790 (and B760 etc) board from ANY other brand it's already compatible with gen14 from months, even 100$ boards.
if i was not clear: IT'S A SHAME.
2023/08/24 07:26:16
rgarodnick
nlodeserto
Mienko
Kos72

In English:

Are you joking?

I know that a lot of fanboy here would forgive anything to evga, but not this please.

ps:
it's just a shame.

It likely won't be compatible because EVGA is folding. It's not like every other manufacturer.
2023/08/24 07:40:50
nlodeserto
rgarodnick
nlodeserto
Mienko
Kos72

In English:

Are you joking?

ps:
it's just a shame.

It likely won't be compatible because EVGA is folding. It's not like every other manufacturer.

and so what?
1. it's not official
2. the are still selling stuff
3. they just launched a PSU
4. maybe they will not make any new product, but they MUST provide support for products that they are still selling or not EOS.

they where perfectly operational to TOOK OUR MONEY.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account