2023/05/01 05:01:21
transdogmifier
What is it about Cars??

Now I want to buy Calimer Transmission for my Mustang....

Another ~3500 to 4500 dollars ....*head desk*

2023/05/01 07:51:39
rjohnson11
Well enjoy the addition. 
2023/05/01 09:20:11
donta1979
transdogmifier
What is it about Cars??

Now I want to buy Calimer Transmission for my Mustang....

Another ~3500 to 4500 dollars ....*head desk*

Thats really not that bad. LoL 
2023/05/01 10:31:18
Hoggle
I am wondering what the Mustang going all electric will mean for the iconic muscle car. I think it might not help that the Mustang has not really ever been considered as much of a muscle car or at least for the older models from the 60’s even if it was marketed as one.
2023/05/01 10:45:06
transdogmifier
Hoggle
I am wondering what the Mustang going all electric will mean for the iconic muscle car. I think it might not help that the Mustang has not really ever been considered as much of a muscle car or at least for the older models from the 60’s even if it was marketed as one.

At some point it will be gone (the Naturally aspirated model)..but that time has not yet come ....

2023/05/01 13:06:35
Cool GTX
It means you love Hot Rodding your ride & want the excitement of improvements & customizing that Mustang

Besides you want to backup the supercharger you are going to add. 

Was actually hoping to see some pictures when I found this thread

My "Stang" is already about where I want it.  Though thoughts of a bolt in roll bar are still a possibility, that I'm debating. 

I want to make a dyno run to see @ wheel HP numbers & also see if my convertible, will be allowed at least one pass at a local strip, sans roll bar,

I might have to say, I think it is a 16 - 18 second car 

Stock GT convertible is rated 12.5 sec @ 114.5 mph (that is fast for an over 4000 lb, 2 wheel drive, car) so my supercharged extra 290 HP & 250 ft lbs of extra torque (those extra ft lbs, starts right off idle) on stock 20 inch ROUSH wheels & summer performance tires, could shave a good 1/2 second or more off stock the stock time & add around 15 to 20 MPH to the top end?  If my car runs that fast, I bet they do not let me make a second run without the roll cage.

Found this site:  lethalperformance.com they are in Wellington FL -- I've never bought from them, website looks reasonable

Keep the updates rolling
2023/05/01 21:50:24
bill1024
Hoggle

The Mustang started out as a secretary's car. Lee Iacocca decided to drop a powerful V8 in it. Carrol Shelby made it famous.
Mustangs, Camaros, Novas, Darts, Dusters are not muscle cars, they are pony cars. 
Road Runners, GTO, Malibu, Buick 442, Chargers, Challengers, Mercury Marauder, Wild Cat were muscle cars.
Corvettes and some Thunderbirds and Imports smaller two seaters are sports cars. 

As far as electric, there is already an electric Mustang (cough cough) with four doors (cough cough).
There are crate motors on the market to convert older Mustang to electric motors. I think around 500hp if I remember right.
I am going to hold off on that mod I think.

And upgrades, it never ends. Next upgrade for my 93 Foxbody is a Tremec TKO600 or T56 6 speed.
After this year I think I will get new tires and send the rims out for powder coating.
I am happy with the power it makes. 500HP in a 3000lb car, it scoots right along nicely. Still running the T5Z tranny.
it not meant to hold the power I am making, but so far so good. I just won't run slicks and do a 5000 RPM dump.
I doubt it will hold up to too much of that. So Summer tires and let them spin a little bit.
2023/05/02 01:55:40
rjohnson11
We also want to see pictures!
2023/05/02 10:39:11
transdogmifier
rjohnson11

When I get it all installed I will....

2023/05/04 08:38:39
Cool GTX
transdogmifier
rjohnson11

When I get it all installed I will....

Before & after photos, even crated parts & maybe run at a track & post timeslips - before & after mods .... tell the entire story, it looks to be interesting

Even if you do not want to do an entire hammer down for the 1/4 mile, 60 ft & 330 ft could be very interesting results

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account