• EVGA Z690 Series
  • BIOS for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.13) / CLASSIFIED (2.12) [Misc. Bug Fixes/24G DIMM support] (p.7)
2023/07/05 09:32:11
Talon2020
ty_ger07
Talon2020
Curious when EVGA will provide a BIOS update for Z690/Z790, even if BETA to support next gen Intel CPUs. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer is never.

They sold the product with the compatibility advertised, the company is winding down, and they may feel like they have no requirement to provide enhanced compatibility more than originally advertised.

As I said in another thread, ask EVGA directly.
https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/

EVGA is winding down? Like going out of business? Was this stated anywhere? Either way, I'll wait for an official answer from EVGA. One of their mods can surely get an answer from the BIOS team or company and provide it here. It's really a simple answer. Yes its coming, or no it will never come. Either way the community deserves to know. If it's the later, consumers need to be warned to steer clear of any EVGA motherboards still on the shelf. Not providing BIOS support for the entire lifespan of a sockets life cycle is not right. No matter if it provides what was originally advertised or not. Consumers expect when they purchase a motherboard/platform that the OEM will provide all BIOS updates and support that every other OEM is providing. That isn't some sort of new reasonable expectation. 
2023/07/05 10:09:20
ty_ger07
EVGA is winding down.  You need to stick your head in the sand to not notice it.

EVGA doesn't make video cards any more.  EVGA hasn't announced any new products other than a power supply with a worryingly short warranty which they originally teased more than a year ago.  EVGA has stopped releasing software updates.  EVGA has stopped answering customers who have questions or complaints about their peripheral products.  EVGA has not released any firmware updates to fix documented product faults.  EVGA has laid off a lot of their overseas team.  EVGA's BIOS team have been let go.  Kingpin was let go.  All the EVGA loyalty programs were ended.  There is nothing left.

The person who made this thread doesn't even work for EVGA any more.  Try to find anyone who works for EVGA say anything helpful on this forum recently.  Other than an EU EVGA employee blaming a customer for not shipping via a specific carrier, I can't think of anything recently.

When a potential customer posts here saying that they want to buy a product, but want to verify it supports some feature first, and EVGA provides no reply, what does that tell you?  This forum is dead to EVGA, because EVGA is dead.  It has no vision.  It has no future.

Talon2020
Either way, I'll wait for an official answer from EVGA.

Agreed.  That's why you should ask EVGA.  I provided a link.  This is a user-to-user forum.  EVGA only talks openly here about stuff they want to talk about.  Everything else gets the silent treatment.

One of their mods can surely get an answer from the BIOS team or company and provide it here. 

Not likely.  It would be unprecedented. 
2023/07/05 12:49:06
B0baganoosh
ty_ger07
The person who made this thread doesn't even work for EVGA any more.

Lee is gone too? I don't think I had realized that. Hasn't logged in since April apparently...oof. Edit: also now tagged as "EVGA Alumni".
2023/07/05 13:14:42
LukeT32
B0baganoosh
ty_ger07
The person who made this thread doesn't even work for EVGA any more.

Lee is gone too? I don't think I had realized that. Hasn't logged in since April apparently...oof. Edit: also now tagged as "EVGA Alumni".

Damn sounds like EVGA is riding into the sunset. I finally joined the EVGA train with the 3090ti and Z690 MB. I missed the glory days and looks like got in just in time to watch them crash and burn. :(
2023/07/07 14:31:10
zerocool101
At least they will release a new BIOS for the new intel CPU's in the near future for z690 as well 

https://www.reddit.com/r/...intel_support_planned/
2023/07/09 05:41:22
rgarodnick
We'll see.
2023/07/17 06:39:48
Zero939
zerocool101
At least they will release a new BIOS for the new intel CPU's in the near future for z690 as well 

https://www.reddit.com/r/...intel_support_planned/

Would you trust that it's optimized though? Support is nothing without proper testing. 
2023/07/19 11:58:01
Stardust_One
I just updated the bios of my Classy from 1.15 to 2.12.

I loaded "optimized defaults" before, and made the procedure via bios. After the update bios reported a checksum error - something like different hardware detected. I saved with optimized defaults (again), booted into Windows and rebootet into bios again to set my adjustments. Anything works but is there an explanation for that behaviour?

Thank you for you support!

Edit: My mouse from Razer was (re)installed in Windows after the bios-update. Initially I had a Fnatic.

It just turns off now. The whole system stops. I have this platform since october 2022 and never had a problem like this. Is there a way to revert the update from 2.12 to 1.15?
2023/07/19 14:34:43
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
Stardust_One
I just updated the bios of my Classy from 1.15 to 2.12.

I loaded "optimized defaults" before, and made the procedure via bios. After the update bios reported a checksum error - something like different hardware detected. I saved with optimized defaults (again), booted into Windows and rebootet into bios again to set my adjustments. Anything works but is there an explanation for that behaviour?

Thank you for you support!

Edit: My mouse from Razer was (re)installed in Windows after the bios-update. Initially I had a Fnatic.

see page 50 of the manual:

"First Boot

BIOS Update
When you power on the system for the first time (or after a BIOS update/reset) it may take a little longer than expected, and follow with a warning message on the screen reading “BIOS checksum error”. This is completely normal."

same thing as ^^ after new bios/optimal defaults i think.
2023/07/19 14:36:26
Stardust_One
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
see page 50 of the manual:

"First Boot First Boot First Boot
BIOS Update
When you power on the system for the first time (or after a BIOS update/reset) it may take a little longer than expected, and follow with a warning message on the screen reading “BIOS checksum error”. This is completely normal."

same thing as ^^ after new bios/optimal defaults i think.

Thank you! It's more, I updated my first post.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account