• EVGA Z690 Series
  • BIOS for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.13) / CLASSIFIED (2.12) [Misc. Bug Fixes/24G DIMM support] (p.17)
2024/05/29 10:15:49
Cpt.Derrek
yurasicpark74

I too am getting the intel application optimization failed to connect message. I used the drivers that were provided with the BIOS. Flashed BIOS in windows. I do not see any option for intel DTT in the BIOS I assume maybe its turned on but hidden? is there something else that needs to be turned on for DTT to work?

These are the points that should be.

Ah interesting, thanks for posting the screenshots. I seem to not have the Thermal Configuration tab above CPU configuration. I tried looking through the BIOS to see if i could find something that might enable it but couldn't. Am I missing something?

Post #143. There is BIOS 2.12 for your motherboard with DTT.

I am on the 2.12 BIOS that was posted on post 143. The Bios flashed properly from what I can tell.
2024/05/29 11:12:20
xXKingOfHellXx

The Intel DTT setting is enabled but hidden because I haven't figured out how to unhide configuration tabs on the bios yet. As for the driver you need to run the driver installer as admin and after the computer restarts it should show up on Device Manager. If that still doesn't work try using the Add Drivers function in Device Manager and adding the folder through it.
2024/05/29 15:26:18
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx

The Intel DTT setting is enabled but hidden because I haven't figured out how to unhide configuration tabs on the bios yet. As for the driver you need to run the driver installer as admin and after the computer restarts it should show up on Device Manager. If that still doesn't work try using the Add Drivers function in Device Manager and adding the folder through it.

Hey man thanks for the information and clarification . Also I really do appreciate you doing this for us, I hope I don't come across as complaining. 

So I did install the driver as admin and it looks like it's showing up in device manager.

No unknown devices under device manager, still not sure what's going on here.
2024/05/29 15:33:33
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx

Thanks for the clarification and I really do appreciate you trying to help out with the BIOS.

I do seem to have it under my device manger, no other unknown devices. 
2024/05/29 18:12:04
xXKingOfHellXx
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx

Thanks for the clarification and I really do appreciate you trying to help out with the BIOS.

If the error still shows up try reinstalling Intel APO.
2024/05/29 22:06:17
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx

Tried re-installing all software and still get same failed to connect issue. I took a closer look into device manager and while I have no unknown devices I don't have anything related to dynamic tuning under system devices, only software components related to DTT.
2024/05/30 01:20:04
rjohnson11
I apologize for the spam filter accidentally deleting one of your posts. I have restored the post.
2024/05/31 09:39:51
Talon2020
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx

Tried re-installing all software and still get same failed to connect issue. I took a closer look into device manager and while I have no unknown devices I don't have anything related to dynamic tuning under system devices, only software components related to DTT.

It's possible it won't work for you since you're on a 13th gen CPU. Other motherboard vendors had to push out new BIOS to enable DTT and APO with 12th and 13th gen. EVGA has completely abandoned us on this situation and it's likely it just will not work with 13th gen ever given their lack of update and abandonware these boards are. I personally only ever tested and verified it's working on my Z690 Dark with a 14900K. I've since moved on from using my EVGA board and it's in a box, likely to never be used again. 
2024/06/04 12:55:04
Cpt.Derrek
I can confirm that APO is now working after a fresh win 11 pro installation. I don't know what happened with my previous install but it's working now so big thanks to xXKingOfHellXx for adding this feature and supplying some support after EVGA left us.
2024/06/04 13:43:07
Cool GTX
Cpt.Derrek
I can confirm that APO is now working after a fresh win 11 pro installation. I don't know what happened with my previous install but it's working now so big thanks to xXKingOfHellXx for adding this feature and supplying some support after EVGA left us.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account