• EVGA Z690 Series
  • BIOS for Z690 DARK K|NGP|N (2.13) / CLASSIFIED (2.12) [Misc. Bug Fixes/24G DIMM support] (p.16)
2024/05/22 04:20:57
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
xXKingOfHellXx
I edited the bios and enabled Intel DTT for Intel APO. I'm not sure if there's anything else that we need enabled. I included the bios updater tool with the drivers. Let me know what you guys think.

Can you do this editing for EVGA Z690 DARK K|NGP|N? Thanks in advance.

I did this editing months ago for the Z690 Kingpin... It's on here if you search. 

-- This is only for Z690 Kingpin on latest BIOS version with APO enabled. 

Thank you. After the firmware does not start. Cyclic start and shutdown. Returned to one without apo.

Interesting. Works fine for me without issue and has for months. APO has been tested and fully works. Which BIOS were you on? This is version 2.13 with DTT exposed to allow to be enabled.

I assume bad flash or something. I flashed inside windows with EVGA tool and renamed the file to match the EVGA file name before flash.

Flashed from 2.08. I will try again. I'll write back later. Thank you.

It might be worth first updating to 2.13 official, then to the modded one with DTT enabled/unhidden. 
When you flash, if it goes instantly and reboots, it's not right. It should take a minute or so. I also flashed within windows without issue. 

I first flashed 2.13. Then flashed 2.13 with DDT. The firmware was successful. But I have this.

2024/05/22 04:28:13
yurasicpark74
Maybe there is something in the BIOS settings? I'm sorry Everything works. Thank you.
2024/05/22 08:21:22
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Maybe there is something in the BIOS settings? I'm sorry Everything works. Thank you.

Hey sorry, yes the latest update of APO from Intel requires a new version of Intel DTT drivers. They're generic and able to be cross installed across vendors. The old version of DTT won't work with new version of APO. I'll update the file for future users and try and keep it updated. 

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for following up! In the future I'm going to attempt to just install the new Z790 BIOS on my Z690 Dark since we had 3x switches. It's worth the try I suppose. 
2024/05/22 09:19:57
xXKingOfHellXx
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
xXKingOfHellXx
I edited the bios and enabled Intel DTT for Intel APO. I'm not sure if there's anything else that we need enabled. I included the bios updater tool with the drivers. Let me know what you guys think.

I did this editing months ago for the Z690 Kingpin... It's on here if you search. 

Thank you. After the firmware does not start. Cyclic start and shutdown. Returned to one without apo.

Interesting. Works fine for me without issue and has for months. APO has been tested and fully works. Which BIOS were you on? This is version 2.13 with DTT exposed to allow to be enabled.

I assume bad flash or something. I flashed inside windows with EVGA tool and renamed the file to match the EVGA file name before flash.

It might be worth first updating to 2.13 official, then to the modded one with DTT enabled/unhidden. 
When you flash, if it goes instantly and reboots, it's not right. It should take a minute or so. I also flashed within windows without issue. 

I first flashed 2.13. Then flashed 2.13 with DDT. The firmware was successful. But I have this.

Try using the DTT_Intel_v9.0.11405.42569 driver files that I included in my Classified files since they are the newest and should work for any motherboard.
2024/05/22 11:26:30
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74

Hey sorry, yes the latest update of APO from Intel requires a new version of Intel DTT drivers. They're generic and able to be cross installed across vendors. The old version of DTT won't work with new version of APO. I'll update the file for future users and try and keep it updated. 

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for following up! In the future I'm going to attempt to just install the new Z790 BIOS on my Z690 Dark since we had 3x switches. It's worth the try I suppose. 

Please keep me posted on how things will progress. Thank you.
2024/05/27 13:56:15
rustynoodles16
Is there an option on the z690 dark that forces memory training on every boot? when I change cpu vddq or sa the board straight up just ignores memory training
2024/05/27 15:09:25
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
xXKingOfHellXx

Try using the DTT_Intel_v9.0.11405.42569 driver files that I included in my Classified files since they are the newest and should work for any motherboard.

I too am getting the intel application optimization failed to connect message. I used the drivers that were provided with the BIOS. Flashed BIOS in windows. I do not see any option for intel DTT in the BIOS I assume maybe its turned on but hidden? is there something else that needs to be turned on for DTT to work?
2024/05/28 12:49:53
yurasicpark74
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
xXKingOfHellXx

I too am getting the intel application optimization failed to connect message. I used the drivers that were provided with the BIOS. Flashed BIOS in windows. I do not see any option for intel DTT in the BIOS I assume maybe its turned on but hidden? is there something else that needs to be turned on for DTT to work?

These are the points that should be.
2024/05/28 16:12:49
Cpt.Derrek
yurasicpark74
Cpt.Derrek
xXKingOfHellXx
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
Talon2020
yurasicpark74
xXKingOfHellXx

Ah interesting, thanks for posting the screenshots. I seem to not have the Thermal Configuration tab above CPU configuration. I tried looking through the BIOS to see if i could find something that might enable it but couldn't. Am I missing something?
2024/05/29 00:31:37
yurasicpark74

Ah interesting, thanks for posting the screenshots. I seem to not have the Thermal Configuration tab above CPU configuration. I tried looking through the BIOS to see if i could find something that might enable it but couldn't. Am I missing something?

Post #143. There is BIOS 2.12 for your motherboard with DTT.

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account