• EVGA Z590 Series
  • (Resolved failed PSU) Computer shut off and won't power back on....
2023/02/28 16:58:38
autocratic
Came home from work today and computer was off. We have random power outages in my area but nothing that has been an issue before. PC is on a battery back up and the backup was on when I got home.

PC Specs:
590 Dark
MSI 3090
GSkill 3600 32GB

I get power status LEDs at the top for DIMM, VCore, etc. I can hold the power button and the status LEDs cycle but nothing else.

Unplugged everything from the back panel. Nothing. GPU out. Nothing. Memory out. Nothing.

Tried updating bios from the board. Two different USBs (both the included EVGA ones btw and formatted properly). Nothing. I always get an E1 post code when doing this, which I saw in another thread here that it's possibly the board not recognizing the USB.

If I don't try to flash the bios, the board does nothing other than show status LEDs. No post LEDs.

I'm at a loss.

edit to Title by Cool GTX added (Resolved failed PSU)
2023/02/28 19:43:00
Cool GTX
Did you already try to Boot from the second BIOS your MB has?  Find the BIOS switch & select the other BIOS
2023/02/28 23:31:23
Hoggle
Does the PSU spin up normally if it came with a tester?

Have you tried to bypass the battery?

It could be a grounding issue for the motherboard that is keeping it from booting.
2023/03/01 00:24:49
rjohnson11
Did you try and reset the BIOs?
2023/03/01 07:05:35
Cool GTX
EVGA  FAQ    How do I test my power supply?

Have you disconnected all USB & case connections ?  could have a short somewhere

2023/03/01 16:12:23
DEJ915
If you only have CPU and memory installed and it still won't do anything the CPU probably died.  I actually just had an 11900k die on me a few weeks ago, Intel unfortunately sent me another one rather than cash or a newer model lol.
2023/03/02 15:19:12
Cool GTX
DEJ915
If you only have CPU and memory installed and it still won't do anything the CPU probably died.  I actually just had an 11900k die on me a few weeks ago, Intel unfortunately sent me another one rather than cash or a newer model lol.

placing the MB on cardboard or other nonconductive surface as part of a bare bones testing is also an important step
2023/03/12 17:32:53
autocratic
Apologizes on the late reply. This ended up being a bad PSU. Silverstone 850 dead after a few years. Not sure why I had board power for LEDs but nothing else. Swapped PSUs and everything fired back up.

Appreciate the help.
2023/03/12 21:02:05
Cool GTX
autocratic
Apologizes on the late reply. This ended up being a bad PSU. Silverstone 850 dead after a few years. Not sure why I had board power for LEDs but nothing else. Swapped PSUs and everything fired back up.

Appreciate the help.

Great - Thanks for the update, good to know it is Resolved & only was a failed PSU

Happy to Help

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account