2023/01/30 14:28:28
TheTiesThatBind
Hello guys! I'd like to ask you what's the most optimal way to stress test my GPU.

I was trying to play Warzone 2.0. At first launch (once I joined a game) my PC randomly restarted (yesterday). I had just finished installing Windows 11 too. 
After that random restart I didn't have any problems whatsoever. 

Now, a few minutes ago, my PC again, randomly restarted while playing Warzone 2.0 (I think I was about to join a lobby again so it must be something related to voltages).

Before I swap to Windows 11, I was at Windows 10 and was trying to configure Corsair's ICUE where I have my airflow fans connected to read the GPU's Temp sensor and adjust accordingly. Once I did that, I had random artifacts and then my PC BSOD'd (VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR). I suspect that this was due to me messing up with ICUE as Precision X1 was also running at the same time. Anyway, I moved on and format my PC.

Now the only change I've done in BIOS beside enabling XMP profile is setting the AC/DC LL (Loadlines) to 10 and 100. I suspect that this is the reason why I get random restarts for my PC but I'd like to stress test my card just to be sure that there's nothing wrong going on with it.

Hopefully somebody can help me out on this matter.

Kind regards!

MY PC specs can be found below (check my signature). 

PS1. I've already checked my temperatures and they are fine. 
2023/01/30 14:39:18
Sajin
Best way would be to just run your games and see what happens. There are plenty of programs you could use to check it out as well such as occt which will allow you test the core & vram.
2023/01/30 15:08:33
TheTiesThatBind
Sajin
Best way would be to just run your games and see what happens. There are plenty of programs you could use to check it out as well such as occt which will allow you test the core & vram.

Thanks, well, I didn't have any problems with it so far, so I don't think it's GPU being faulty. The GPU and PSU are the only things left from my old system but were both rock solid. I'd guess it's a power thing / voltage issue and by increasing the AC/DC LL should fix the issue. I got a bit worried when I had the artifacts within the Windows after messing with the sensors in ICUE + the BSOD.

[img]uL2zTk1.jpg (2559×1439) (imgur.com)[/img]
This is how the game looks atm (but this is just 1 game I'm just currently playing so could be just a graphics bug, right?

2023/01/30 15:11:50
Sajin
Yep, looks like a graphics bug related to the game.
2023/02/04 09:34:10
bavor
If you want to stress test your GPU try the 3dmark Port Royal stress test.  Then try the 3Dmark Firestrike stress test.  If it passes those, then its not the graphics card and is a game issue.
2023/02/04 10:23:05
SM-71
There's also Kombustor, the stress test in MSI Afterburner which is based on FurMark, as well as FurMark itself.   

I almost hate to even say it, but I've found Afterburner to be a better version of Precision X1, and Kombustor to be a better version of FurMark in my usage.   Both FurMark & Kombustor will stress your card harder than any game.  As such, fine tuning your core &/or memory speeds to run without failures during a stress test from either program should eliminate the GPU as source of problems if your games still crash.   From that point it's time to look at the game itself (updates to fix known problems), drivers (updates to fix known problems) or even Windows / Direct X as potential sources of your problems.
2023/02/05 16:39:36
bavor
SM-71
There's also Kombustor, the stress test in MSI Afterburner which is based on FurMark, as well as FurMark itself.   

I almost hate to even say it, but I've found Afterburner to be a better version of Precision X1, and Kombustor to be a better version of FurMark in my usage.   Both FurMark & Kombustor will stress your card harder than any game.  

I've noticed that with Furmark and Kombustor the GPU clock speed is often lower than in games and benchmarks.  So it doesn't always detect stability issues.  I've had cards that will survive an hour of furmark that couldn't pass 60 seconds of Firestrike or Port Royal.
2023/02/07 17:07:02
TheTiesThatBind
Thanks for the replies everyone! (Sorry for the delayed response)! 
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/88745681?
Are these scores acceptable / normal for my system? 

Apparently was a system instability / messing around with the Loadline Calibration of the Motherboard, plus a game glitch. 
2023/02/08 03:33:26
tattude69
Here's my score with a waterblock and voltage curve set .975mv

https://www.3dmark.com/co.../29481767/fs/29478851#
2023/02/08 05:12:26
Hillguy
bavor
SM-71

I almost hate to even say it, but I've found Afterburner to be a better version of Precision X1, and Kombustor to be a better version of FurMark in my usage.   Both FurMark & Kombustor will stress your card harder than any game.  

I've noticed that with Furmark and Kombustor the GPU clock speed is often lower than in games and benchmarks.  So it doesn't always detect stability issues.  I've had cards that will survive an hour of furmark that couldn't pass 60 seconds of Firestrike or Port Royal.

Over the years the advice has always been  ,  Don't use Furmark it may damage your card. 

I remember reading somewhere that Nvidia fixed that by programing their drivers to recognize Furmark and intentionally down clock to avoid damage to the card. 

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account